PDA

View Full Version : The French Army's new HK 416F (video)

Slater
07-14-17, 22:18
Looks like the French are still sporting bayonets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zu3g3-yOuw

Det-Sog
07-15-17, 00:15
Guess it's passed the drop test... I'm sure the bayonet can be used as a white flag mounting point...

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Moose-Knuckle
07-15-17, 05:56
Looks like the French are still sporting bayonets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zu3g3-yOuw

They'll gonna need them . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKp92wf1QDU

MegademiC
07-15-17, 06:58
Didn't some SAS hardasses just kill a shit tone of ISIS with bayonets?

Kain
07-15-17, 07:09
Didn't some SAS hardasses just kill a shit tone of ISIS with bayonets?

I thought it was with their bare hands?

Any rate, I'll all for issuing bayonets as long as it makes a good utility knife since that it what it will be used for most often.

NYH1
07-15-17, 12:31
Kind of funny watching that video of them putting a carbine in a puddle. Hasn't the HK416 been vetted by most Tier One SOF units around the world as GTG? The French can prolly take their word for it! ;)

NYH1.

BoringGuy45
07-15-17, 12:52
Kind of funny watching that video of them putting a carbine in a puddle. Hasn't the HK416 been vetted by most Tier One SOF units around the world as GTG? The French can prolly take their word for it! ;)

NYH1.

You and I, and most everyone here knows any quality M4, AK, AUG, FAL, etc, can handle being dropped in a puddle just as well. But a lot of people are under the impression that handling a rifle with anything but white gloves in a static and dirt free environment will cause it to jam. So the French made a video catering to that mindset to prove what a great decision they made with the 416.

Nothing against the 416, but the puddle test, of course, is just to impress those who don't know better.

MountainRaven
07-15-17, 16:17
Guess it's passed the drop test... I'm sure the bayonet can be used as a white flag mounting point...

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

White flags and dropped rifles? The real truth about working with the French Army | Breach Bang Clear (http://www.breachbangclear.com/contributor-chris-hernandez-on-working-with-the-french-army/)

soulezoo
07-15-17, 20:40
Well I still can't go back to being proud of my French heritage! At least in public....

Slater
07-15-17, 22:02
Well, at least the French military doesn't change camo patterns every few years or so.

Kain
07-15-17, 22:10
Random thought.

Am I the only one who would like to see the demilled famas rifles brought over here? While I will rag the French when give the chance, as well as the Brits, Germans, Italians, and anyone else, considering that FAMAS rifles, even the semi auto ones, are about as rare as they come when it comes to mil rifles here, I am kind of sad at the thought that we probably won't see them. If for no other reason than they would make good videos for me to listen to while I reload.

I guess I ought to get off my ass and invest in a MAS 49/56 and just admit that some of their rifles fascinate me for whatever reason. Besides, my safe as too many ****ing ARs as of late.

Ed L.
07-16-17, 00:47
It seems that they have bipods as standard features-as they had a folding bipod on their FAMAS.

I was disturbed by the lack of optics.

eodinert
07-16-17, 07:51
Looks like Hk knocked-off the Magpul RSA. That's dignified.

Big A
07-16-17, 21:51
Random thought.

Am I the only one who would like to see the demilled famas rifles brought over here? .

Yes, yes you are. Them FAMAS's is FUGLY... [emoji14]

Besides, my safe has too many ****ing ARs as of late.

No such thing Bro. That's like too much horsepower, or too much whiskey, or too many boobs....it just aint possible...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

M4Fundi
07-25-17, 06:19
Guaranteed to fail... its got a 3 prong flash hider... it will explode !

M4Fundi
07-25-17, 06:20
It did appear that the cuts in the flash hider are different lengths so no ting sound i guess

KTR03
07-25-17, 12:31
Random thought.

Am I the only one who would like to see the demilled famas rifles brought over here? While I will rag the French when give the chance, as well as the Brits, Germans, Italians, and anyone else, considering that FAMAS rifles, even the semi auto ones, are about as rare as they come when it comes to mil rifles here, I am kind of sad at the thought that we probably won't see them. If for no other reason than they would make good videos for me to listen to while I reload.

I guess I ought to get off my ass and invest in a MAS 49/56 and just admit that some of their rifles fascinate me for whatever reason. Besides, my safe as too many ****ing ARs as of late.

The French will not surplus out their FAMAS rifles. Not something that they do. Then there is the whole barrel issue, full auto parts issue... I'd like one to, just because, but I don't see that happening.

WickedWillis
07-25-17, 13:32
I really, really want one of these.