PDA

View Full Version : Taran Tactical Mag Extension Question

Grunow
07-16-17, 20:51
I'd appreciate some comments on the Taran Tactical mag extensions for Magpul magazines. Is anyone running them with their Magpu 40 round mags and if so, are they working well? Reliable? Did you need a new spring? Thank you for any comments.

NYresq
07-20-17, 22:38
I have one on a 40 and two on 30 M3's. No issues with any of them. The 40 is already a really long mag and with the extension its even longer, but for a range toy its fun.

I load the 30's with 34 rounds and the 40 gets 45 rounds. I have used them in my work rifle and they feed reliably even in burst mode.

I am probably going to pull the extension off the 40 and put it on another 30. The 40 is too long and heavy when fully loaded and throws off the balance IMHO...

But no spring swap needed, and they work for an extra four or five rounds. The extra weight makes them fall out of the magwell faster too.

TomMcC
07-21-17, 02:11
I like Taran's stuff, I use his pistol mag extensions and some of his shotgun goodies. Having said that, if you want to save some money Strike Industry polymer P-Mag extensions work well for me. I have put them on 40's and they blend right in and work well with stock spring. They are $11.95.

gunboy3
10-25-17, 07:26
Just for some perspective, I received two Taran Glock 19 plus three mags and have had reliability issues. If you need more rounds,try Magpul's G21

Mustang31
10-25-17, 08:56
I use a Pmag 40 with TT extension for competition. It has held up well with no malfunctions whatsoever. I'd say it's roughly closing in on 3,000 rounds.

I am able to get 46 rounds stuffed into it.