PDA

View Full Version : CNN "Airport News"?

Averageman
07-18-17, 06:21
Ever wonder why the only channel you see at the Airport is CNN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfDyY8Mt1AY
Is this even real?
I've noticed it would seem to be the only channel available when I fly out of Austin. Personally I read a book or look at my tablet, but really?

horseman234
07-18-17, 07:11
If you'll search for CNN Airport News Media Kit you'll find links to the .pdf files. I'm not sure how to upload them to the web and don't have time right now to figure it out. I didn't see where they were paying the airports, although they sure are promoting their product, and touting that the airports can sell ads to local businesses.

SomeOtherGuy
07-18-17, 11:22
If you're a totally amoral profit-grabbing "news" monster that wants more ad-views to make more profits, this makes sense.

CNN is @#$# for a variety of reasons. I despise being in an airport with it blaring. I bring earplugs when I travel and I look for the seats farthest from the tv speaker.

This is just a slicker and nominally private version of the viewscreen propaganda from 1984.

Eurodriver
07-23-17, 11:41
The annoying thing is that CNN Airport News is being subsidized with your tax dollars.

How does that make you feel?

Det-Sog
07-23-17, 14:08
This is just a slicker and nominally private version of the viewscreen propaganda from 1984.

It's EVERYWHERE. Think about the lobby's at hotels. There's the CNN partner hotel network. Now... It's in my Dr.s office, the waiting room at the service department at most car dealerships. I mean it, it's freaking everywhere.

My heart did stop a couple weeks ago though. I was traveling through Honolulu, and they actually had Fox news playing at the lobby of the gate in which I was at. I almost stroked out and actually pointed it out to the people I was traveling with. Someone must've done it as a prank. Fox News on HAWAII!!! Hahahaha.

_Stormin_
07-23-17, 15:02
the waiting room at the service department at most car dealerships

My dealership has Fox News on... It's also selling luxury cars, so I am guessing that they are aiming for a specific market. :)

MountainRaven
07-23-17, 15:07
The annoying thing is that CNN Airport News is being subsidized with your tax dollars.

How does that make you feel?

The TSA's security theater is entirely paid for by our tax dollars.

Dienekes
07-23-17, 15:42
It could be worse. One place where I am occasionally trapped favors the Food Channel featuring Rosie O'Donnell lookalikes. It's a great hit with obese women...

NYH1
07-23-17, 18:57
My dealership has Fox News on... It's also selling luxury cars, so I am guessing that they are aiming for a specific market. :)
My dealership doesn't even have a TV....;)

NYH1.