PDA

View Full Version : RCS Phantom phase out

BigTex2000
07-21-17, 07:01
I came across some crazy sales of the phantom holster and it appears they are due to the model being phased out. Anything know about this or have any idea about what will replace it?

Ironbutt
07-21-17, 07:55
I don't know what they're being replaced with, but $50 is a good price for a Phantom. Availability of the sale items seems to be limited to only a few gun models though. I paid $49 for my first Phantoms, then a few years later the price went to something like $69 & I paid it. Phantoms are great holsters. I have four of them & they're my favorite way to carry, but there's no way in hell I'll pay $95 for one.

TXBK
07-21-17, 09:39
I haven't seen anything on the new products, but it is probably coming this fall. Here is something RCS had to say about the sale and new products a month ago:

Yeah, there are new products coming this fall, but if we waited until the new product dropped to clear out legacy lines, we'd have to pretty much give the damn things away. So the decision was made to start now, which meant we could capitalize on the boring summer slump the industry usually experiences.

It feels weird to be discontinuing the product that the company built its legacy on, but the fact we are doing just that ought to be some indication of how excited we are by what is yet to come.

boombotz401
07-21-17, 11:31
Tried to get one for the 320 awhile back...only a few models left.

Got an email the other day about part 2 of the sale but nothing new on the site

While I like the one I have for my G19 I agree there's no way I'm dropping 100$ on it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CRAMBONE
07-21-17, 14:24
I bought 6 Phantoms when I got their first email 2 weeks ago. I emailed Raven when I got that first Phantom clearance email. Raven told me that they are discontinuing the Phantom and have something awesome coming out in August.

jpgm
07-21-17, 17:25
I remember buying a Phantom LC for my Glock 34 in 2010. It took something almost 4 months to get. I took a blow dryer for 30 seconds and it fits my P10C like a glove. Still my daily carry rig.

jpgm

sevin8nin
07-21-17, 18:38
well thanks OP. I was just sitting down last night looking at my CC thinking "man, I've got a problem, I need to stop."
Now i've got a Phantom LC for a Glock coming in.....

CPM
07-21-17, 18:43
Maybe they'll make a holster that doesn't put the grip of my pistol in my armpit.

sevin8nin
07-21-17, 21:14
Maybe they'll make a holster that doesn't put the grip of my pistol in my armpit.

wow, you feel like it sits that high up for you?
I've mostly been carrying my Raven Phantom for a Glock 17 with their IWB this summer. Makes my Glocks disappear under a button up shirt. Height feels normal to me compared to Kramer, Desantis, Bravo Concealments, Trex Arms, Galco etc.

Vandal
07-21-17, 22:11

This is my complaint about the Phantom too. My JM Custom sits much lower and better for me. The Phantom is still a very good option for hard use. Should be interesting to see what they come up with next.

boombotz401
07-21-17, 22:35
I flip one of the loops for a 5-10 or so cant..just enough to hide the butt of my g19

The pancake loops for me slide all over the place ..can't seem to get them to stay still

Iwb loops for make make the holster ride WAY too high

Zirk208
07-21-17, 22:53
The lefty models went quick. Now that Bravo Concealment stopped all lefty models and Raven is drying up, any suggestions for a lefty kydex holster in the same style as Raven or Bravo?

boombotz401
07-21-17, 22:54
Jm custom kydex

sevin8nin
07-24-17, 15:38
well thanks OP. I was just sitting down last night looking at my CC thinking "man, I've got a problem, I need to stop."
Now i've got a Phantom LC for a Glock coming in.....

Ship confirmation came on the holster today. Phantom LC for Glock 17 with Surefire X300u. Swung by my LGS and they had a bunch of the 'Summer special' 17s with front serrations so I got one to go with the holster......

http://i.imgur.com/4Y8YlOz.jpg

BigTex2000
07-24-17, 15:40
I'm just trying to think which light to put on my 19 so I can order the appropriate holster. I am between an x300 and inforce Glock compact

Talon167
07-24-17, 16:22

I've not had this issue. Have you tried flipping the belt loops around or ordering one with the 'flappy' belt loops?

sevin8nin
07-24-17, 16:39
I'm just trying to think which light to put on my 19 so I can order the appropriate holster. I am between an x300 and inforce Glock compact

before you get too wrapped up you might try adding either selection to your cart. I had to try like 15 combinations before I found that it would let me add Glock 19/17/23/22, right hand, black, x300u, full shield. Switch that light to a regular x300, or an inforce and they don't have any.

sevin8nin
07-27-17, 22:57
I added a comment to my order that if there happened to be a wolf grey one hanging around I would take that, but if not black is fine.
My ordered arrived today and contained a wolf grey holster!!!

http://i.imgur.com/6tJppCs.jpg

Biggy
07-28-17, 00:51
I came across some crazy sales of the phantom holster and it appears they are due to the model being phased out. Anything know about this or have any idea about what will replace it?

I know some holster makers are already using some new materials, that supposedly are superior and have better overall characteristics for holsters than regular kydex. IMHO, some of their competition has caught up and surpassed them in areas and they are wanting to try some new stuff to take back some business.

TXBK
07-28-17, 06:28
I know some holster makers are already using some new materials, that supposedly are superior and have better overall characteristics for holsters than regular kydex. IMHO, some of their competition has caught up and surpassed them in areas and they are wanting to try some new stuff to take back some business.

RCS started using Boltaron around 2012 for their holster material. Kydex is pretty much a generic term to describe many different plastics that are similar. It's like referring to all soft drinks as a Coke. Most people don't know the difference, so I guess it was easier to just keep calling it Kydex. That includes myself. If I had not read that somewhere else, I wouldn't know the difference.

MStarmer
07-31-17, 00:00
Personally I think it was just to induce "panic buying". Oh no they aren't going to make them plus they're on sale, must order! I gave up on RCS when the P320 came out and they weren't going to make holsters for it. Bravo Concealment had them pretty much right off the bat and damn near half the price. Just about all my OWB's are Bravo. Their price is high and wait times are long, so people move on. Simple as that.

awdxtc
08-01-17, 13:41
Not to talk badly about Raven as I have been extremely happy with all the holsters I have from them but they seem to have other priorities other than making holsters if you look at their social media page specifically Facebook they post random topics and videos and nothing to do with their actual company. There are some holsters I would like to order from them but they're not even available. I sent them a message on Facebook one time and ask them if they were still making holsters and I never got a reply.

Zirk208
08-01-17, 21:54
Not to talk badly about Raven as I have been extremely happy with all the holsters I have from them but they seem to have other priorities other than making holsters if you look at their social media page specifically Facebook they post random topics and videos and nothing to do with their actual company. There are some holsters I would like to order from them but they're not even available. I sent them a message on Facebook one time and ask them if they were still making holsters and I never got a reply.

Either they let Ricky, the summer intern run their Facebook page, or they have it set to auto-post everything from "ClickbaitGarbage.com"
I scrolled down and finally gave up when I found nothing holster related.

Wake27
08-02-17, 00:42
I like the stuff they post and I highly doubt that you can't get a specific holster because they share something once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk