PDA

View Full Version : Rifle shoots high

sjc3081
10-03-08, 19:55
My all original Colt Hbar shoots 4" high at 50 yards and 6" high a 100 holding dead on. My front and rear sights are set at their lowest setting. Any ideas. I'm shooting Wolf and LC M885.
Thanks Steve.

LOKNLOD
10-03-08, 20:02
My all original Colt Hbar shoots 4" high at 50 yards and 6" high a 100 holding dead on. My front and rear sights are set at their lowest setting. Any ideas. I'm shooting Wolf and LC M885.
Thanks Steve.

When you say "at their lowest settings" do you mean they are both dialed downward all the way, or that it's adjusted to achieve lowest point of impact? Is the front sight screwed all the way in (toward the barrel) or out (away from the barrel)?

Failure2Stop
10-03-08, 20:06
Just to make sure here-
you are saying that your rear elevation has been turned counter-clockwise as far as it will go and the front sight is as far out of the front sight housing as it will go without falling out, or is it turned all the way in, bottoming out in the housing?

Do you mean M855?

Edit- locknload beat my slow internet connection!

sjc3081
10-03-08, 20:10
When you say "at their lowest settings" do you mean they are both dialed downward all the way, or that it's adjusted to achieve lowest point of impact? Is the front sight screwed all the way in (toward the barrel) or out (away from the barrel)?

Thank you, they are both dialed downward all the way. Time for me to get reading glasses and pocket flashlight. I was lowering the height of the front sight, in the FSB, to lower impact when I should have been raising the height of the front sight,in the FSB. I think I solved the problem. Thanks.

LOKNLOD
10-03-08, 20:25
Thank you, they are both dialed downward all the way. Time for me to get reading glasses and pocket flashlight. I was lowering the height of the front sight, in the FSB, to lower impact when I should have been raising the height of the front sight,in the FSB. I think I solved the problem. Thanks.

Well there ya go!

I highly recommend reading up on the Improved Battlesight Zero (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7292) if you're not familar with it. It's the way to go with A2 sights.

sjc3081
10-03-08, 21:06
Thank you both and I printed out the IBZ. Also M855 is the correct scrip for the round.