PDA

View Full Version : POWDER SUPPLIER RECOMENDATIONS

Mahoney223
07-22-17, 16:17
Hi all:
As a reloader I'm of course interested in getting powder & primers for the least cost. Can anyone recommend an online seller where the prices aren't ridiculous.
The only outfit that I know of where the prices are the best that I've come across is Everglades. They charge $30 for the hazmat but tell me that's what Fed Ex charges them.
They also charge for shipping but it's pretty much what is to be expected.
Anyway, any one got a favorite supplier?

26 Inf
07-22-17, 16:23
Powder and primers are two of the things I buy from the LGS to save the HAZMAT fees and to keep them in business. Plus cleaning supplies such as brushes and patches.

glocktogo
07-22-17, 16:46
https://powder-valley.com/ is my go-to place for powder and primers. Being one state away means early morning orders usually arrive the next day via regular UPS Ground.

Tigereye
07-22-17, 17:59
Powder Valley

signal4l
07-22-17, 18:26
Cabelas is a good source for primers. Limited powder selection. Cheap shipping

mark5pt56
07-22-17, 18:33
Look at the sections and post accordingly.

gunnerblue
07-22-17, 18:55
I usually wait until a site like Brownells or Natchez offers sales with the Hazmat fees waived and then buy 8 lb kegs in bulk. Primers I'll buy by the brick locally

nate89
07-22-17, 21:50
I have bought all my powder and most of my primers from midsouth shooters supply for the past couple years. The key is to buy in bulk to spread out the shipping and hasmat fee. You can even get a few friends together for a group buy.

Midsouth has very good prices on powder, especially the bulk 8 lb containers. I really only load 223 and 9mm in any sort of volume, so I have one powder for each and I stock up. I think you can get about 48 lbs of powder on one hasmat fee, or about 50k primers, or a mix of the two. I think if you are willing and able to buy enough primers and powder at once, buying online is the way to go.

Cabelas also has the s&b primers on sale on occasion, and usually you can catch a free or $5 shipping promo from them as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

nate89
07-23-17, 12:16
FYI I just got an email from midsouth about a no hazmat promo with at least 4 lbs of powder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Singlestack Wonder
07-23-17, 17:20
Another vote for Powder Valley.......

markm
07-23-17, 17:36
Widener's is always worth checking out too.

gaijin
07-24-17, 13:54
Graf has been good as well as those mentioned.
These days, with ready availability of components, it's not difficult to find what you need.

markm
07-24-17, 14:15
Graf has been good as well as those mentioned.
These days, with ready availability of components, it's not difficult to find what you need.

I wish that the prices were going back down.

gaijin
07-24-17, 14:26
Me too.

If supply/production greatly exceeds sales/demand we may see prices drop.

m1a_scoutguy
07-26-17, 11:36
Widener's is always worth checking out too.

markm I don't think Wideners has powder & primers anymore ! I have not been able to find items on there website for a long time now. Powder Valley is the place I go normally now but have gotten "cheap" primers from Cabelas in the last few months. I will buy local once in awhile but most prices are so out of whack I hold off unless I really need something. I did find 2K of CCI BR2 primers local for $52 out the door per 1K,so considering shipping and hazmat I did OK. Rare case though.

markm
07-26-17, 15:50
I loved it when Bruno's would beg pappabear to buy 8 lbs of LT-32 for some crazy low price because no one wanted it.

AndyLate
07-26-17, 17:33
Look at the sections and post accordingly.

Could you explain this sentence? Im not trying to be funny, I simply don't understand.

Thank You
Andy

Chubbs103
07-27-17, 09:49
markm I don't think Wideners has powder & primers anymore ! I have not been able to find items on there website for a long time now. Powder Valley is the place I go normally now but have gotten "cheap" primers from Cabelas in the last few months. I will buy local once in awhile but most prices are so out of whack I hold off unless I really need something. I did find 2K of CCI BR2 primers local for $52 out the door per 1K,so considering shipping and hazmat I did OK. Rare case though.

It looks like you are right. I wonder when that changed. Wideners and Powder Valley have been my source IF I was looking at a large enough quantity to spread the HAZMAT fee. I am currently on deployment and PCSing when I get home so when things finally started becoming available, I still couldn't stock up.

m1a_scoutguy
07-27-17, 23:54
It looks like you are right. I wonder when that changed. Wideners and Powder Valley have been my source IF I was looking at a large enough quantity to spread the HAZMAT fee. I am currently on deployment and PCSing when I get home so when things finally started becoming available, I still couldn't stock up.
Its been awhile for sure ! They went through there transition of changing owners and things were looking up with powder getting restocked/primers,,etc. I didn't need anything for a long time and when I looked one time there was "nothing" no powder or primers ! I just said hmmm figured they were working on it,,but its been several months now and I guess there NOT working on it,,LOL Could be worth a email or phone call I guess but doesn't look to promising at the moment !

andre3k
07-28-17, 13:44
I think they simply got out of the powder and primer side of the business. They put everything on clearance at the beginning of the year and sold it all and never restocked.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

markm
07-28-17, 14:19
Wow. I too haven't bought online in so long, I had no idea.

mark5pt56
07-29-17, 05:26
Could you explain this sentence? Im not trying to be funny, I simply don't understand.

Thank You
Andy

You had this in the AR section, it's now in reloading since you were asking about that in particular.

batman4706
07-29-17, 09:48
Recobs has low prices and fast shipping.