PDA

View Full Version : Conceal carry belt?

LRB45
07-24-17, 11:50
Just looking at getting a belt for concealed carry. What does everyone wear? Want something that is casual for jeans and Khaki shorts.

Thanks

Dingo
07-24-17, 11:56
I use the Wilderness Instructor Bet reinforced with kydex. I use it for my ccw and my duty weapon, I have not found anything better.

MegademiC
07-24-17, 12:06
I use the Wilderness Instructor Bet reinforced with kydex. I use it for my ccw and my duty weapon, I have not found anything better.

Same for untucked shirts most of the time. Great for heavy gear and competitions.

The nexbelt gun belt actually hides subcompacts better in my experience (shield), and looks like a normal belt for short shirts or tucked in wear. It a nice looking belt too, but not stiff enough for competition or heavy duty training. I use it as an everyday belt with carry capability, and it's lasted 4x as long as any dockers or similar belt I've tried, and I never even caried with those.

Kain
07-24-17, 12:10
Been using the Magpul Tejas belt myself for about 9 months now. So far, pretty impressed, it does do what they describe and even after EDCing a Glock 19 there is no droop in the belt, something that a regular leather belt could exhibit just from regular use, and really exhibits when lugging around a pistol and a reload. I do wish that they used a buckle that was a little lower profile, but that is only really an issue when sitting at a desk working for a length of time where I am leaned over it.

WickedWillis
07-24-17, 12:17
I have been using the Kore Trakline gun belt for about 5 months now. Carried everything from a Glock 26, 19, 17 and a P30L on it and it's been great. The 1/4" clicks are way more useful than I thought they would be, and it doesn't sag. I even used it like a battle belt at the range yesterday and it worked awesome. I have been dumping weight the last few months and I would have had to buy a few new belts if not for this one.

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

Buckaroo
07-24-17, 12:19
https://www.thebeltman.net/

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Inkslinger
07-24-17, 12:28
One more vote for the wilderness instructor 5 stitch.

SomeOtherGuy
07-24-17, 12:51

Great quality belts and much nicer looking than most other options. Just be certain to follow the sizing instructions and call him if you have any questions. Your belt size for a custom belt will probably be 1-2" larger than for a department store belt and 2-5" larger than your pants size.

For something much more casual, The Wilderness belts are quite good, but you should also check out the "Better BDU Belt" which is the only thin webbing belt I've found that is stiff enough to support much weight:

http://www.specopsbrand.com/tactical-hunting-belts/better-bdu-belt.html

That belt would be adequate for typical lighter CCW pistols, basically the pocket pistols up to a Glock 19.

m4a3t
07-24-17, 12:54
After using the Wilderness Instructor's belt for years, I found the Blade-Tech EDC belt. It turned to be a better alternative particularly when I started AIWB carry. It's very sturdy, holds it's shape and holds weight and doesn't look obviously like a gun belt.

http://shop.blade-tech.com/product_info.php?cPath=85&products_id=175173&osCsid=lj5e5dkbe6kr3nkai0q37ro767

carl.c
07-24-17, 13:08
I've used different Volund Gearworks belts for a few years now, the Atlas Slim model has been great for me AIWB.

http://store.volundgearworks.com/index.php/volund-gearworks/atlas-ghook-belt/atlas-g-hook-slim-black-black-black-buckle.html

07-24-17, 13:19
I use a Wilderness 5 stitch for IWB, a Wilderness CSM for OWB. Been using them for over ten years.

bjxds
07-24-17, 14:12
Another vote for the Wilderness belt

Inkslinger
07-24-17, 14:23
OP, how do you plan on carrying and what. I'll tell you my only gripe with the wilderness instructor belt is the buckle bulges out if I carry AIWB. This time of year I carry a Glock 43 that way in an Incog holster. I ended up buying a leather Velcro belt and have been very happy. It's an el cheapo on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Working-Persons-6530-1-1-5inch-Leather/dp/B01597PHY2

Joe R.
07-24-17, 15:21
Check out Aries Gear. Exceptional quality and stiff enough to carry your gun and spare mags with zero sag which means you won't constantly be adjusting kit.

Coal Dragger
07-24-17, 15:34
I've been using a Bigfoot Gun Belts for about a year now. Really like it a lot. Need to buy another one in brown to match other footwear. Looks like a normal nice leather belt, doesn't sag at all ever, so I guess the spring steel core is doing its job.

Makes carrying my VP-9 easy in a IWB holster. Also serves as a very sturdy range belt, no sag with an all steel SIG P226 X5 on board along with pistol and rifle mag carriers with loaded mags.

For only about $70 I can't complain much.

gunnerblue
07-24-17, 15:41
Wilderness instructor or a custom leather belt made of very stiff leather

Defaultmp3
07-24-17, 15:50
I find stiffness to be overrated for my use, AIWB with a fairly heavy gun (P30LS with RMR, X400U, and +5 extension); I know a couple of other people that agree with that. I have been using a Wilderness 5-stitch for the last couple of years, while the Ares Gear Aegis belt proved too stiff for comfort and concealment for me.

Talon167
07-24-17, 16:11
I'm a big fan of Ares gear belts. My buddies and I all have them.

If you're looking for something a little more business casual, I'd suggest Galco leather. Also really nice.

DirectTo
07-24-17, 16:49
I use the Magpul Tejas with a personal buckle...it's nice enough to wear in slacks at work or casual enough for shorts at the lake. The reinforcement layer is great and it still sits straight after a year. It replaced a solid leather belt for me and I'm very happy.

themonk
07-24-17, 16:52
Blue Alpha Gear

MegademiC
07-24-17, 16:54
I find stiffness to be overrated for my use, AIWB with a fairly heavy gun (P30LS with RMR, X400U, and +5 extension); I know a couple of other people that agree with that. I have been using a Wilderness 5-stitch for the last couple of years, while the Ares Gear Aegis belt proved too stiff for comfort and concealment for me.

Interesting, I was considering a normal 5-stitch next time around(to replace the stiffened wilderness), although I do like the stiffened for competition.
I think the nexbelt is a little flimsy for a full sized gun with light, but for a small gun aiwb, it's better as the buckle is much lower profile as noted above. The stiffer belt, the whole thing bulges out.

https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/precisefit-gun-belts

hotrodder636
07-24-17, 16:55
I recently picked up a Magpul Tejas (one of the AIM sales). It feels very well made, very heavy duty and so far has been a very nice quality and good looking belt.

Looking at some of the links in this thread, I like those 'Beltman' belts. Very nice looking, bullhide construction.

noonesshowmonkey
07-24-17, 18:18
I wear a Magpul Tejas every day with a Glock 19 AIWB. Probably the best belt I've tried. A friend runs an Aegis with steel reinforcement, which is nice because it is thinner.

Any belt I buy going forward will be a composite belt, reinforced with some kind of non-leather material. The benefits are overwhelming, and bullhide, elephant hide, centaur hide, unicorn hide, etc. will always stretch, will always hold sweat, will always roll, etc. That's how organic materials are.

07-24-17, 18:59
OP, how do you plan on carrying and what. I'll tell you my only gripe with the wilderness instructor belt is the buckle bulges out if I carry AIWB. This time of year I carry a Glock 43 that way in an Incog holster. I ended up buying a leather Velcro belt and have been very happy. It's an el cheapo on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Working-Persons-6530-1-1-5inch-Leather/dp/B01597PHY2

I spin the belt around to put the buckle a belt loop off center to keep it from printing so much.

I've found the same thing. AIWB and a stiff belt don't really go together. I carry strong side IWB and use the 5 stitch for that too, but I just carry a Glock 43 most of the time. If I wear the 34 I use the CSM belt. For OWB, I carry a 43 in a Mini Phantom, the stiffer belt is a definite advantage as it resists rolling outward better.

Inkslinger
07-24-17, 19:13
I spin the belt around to put the buckle a belt loop off center to keep it from printing so much.

I've found the same thing. AIWB and a stiff belt don't really go together. I carry strong side IWB and use the 5 stitch for that too, but I just carry a Glock 43 most of the time. If I wear the 34 I use the CSM belt. For OWB, I carry a 43 in a Mini Phantom, the stiffer belt is a definite advantage as it resists rolling outward better.

I've tried that too, but for me when carrying a spare magazine I need to actually put the buckle between the 10 & 11:00 belt loops. I find that problematic if I need to drop trowel. [emoji6]

signal4l
07-24-17, 19:43
I have been using this for a while:

http://www.gorilla911.com/boston-leather-18305-

bison-leather-dress-belt/ (http://www.gorilla911.com/boston-leather-18305-bison-leather-dress-belt/)

Very nice belt...I think I paid $ 29

MJLman
07-24-17, 19:45
Magpul Tejas for the win. Had mine since they came to market and worn it more often than not. Ive got a VTAC, 511, and a wilderness tactical as well. All are good belts but the magpul was the my first foray into a leather gun belt and it lived up to the hype.
I work in environment where radios on the belt are part of the uniform, and its so good i talked a non-gun guy coworker into getting one.

12thman
07-24-17, 20:04
Blue Alpha Gear

^THIS

Adrenaline_6
07-24-17, 20:08
+1 for Ares Gear. I have the original Ranger model. The newer Aegis is a lot more modest. Sure, the Ranger looks the part with the cobra buckle, but if your not tucking your shirt in, who cares how it looks, it's covered anyway. Zero sag, infinite adjustment. If you think it's too stiff, it's probably too tight to begin with, but to each their own. That's why we have choices.

zekus480
07-24-17, 20:17
I've been using the same Ares Gear Enhanced Ranger belt for 6 years and its still going strong. I ave got an Enhanced Aegis belt and it does it's job very well. I use it for when i need to wear a suit.

http://www.aresgear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=455

https://www.tacticaldistributors.com/products/ares-gear-enhanced-aegis-belt?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse&gclid=CjwKCAjwtdbLBRALEiwAm8pA5RQRn2AyGcx_Roas0WW1BL13yigP0oEwrPUvxqS-awoT-nK_vu5isxoCbdgQAvD_BwE&variant=1215461273

BigSam
07-24-17, 20:19
^THIS

+1 for Blue Alpha

And for leather I use a Bigfoot belt.

Both carry my double stack all steel guns well.

Campbell
07-24-17, 21:14
One more vote for the wilderness instructor 5 stitch.

Again +1

Jaysop
07-24-17, 21:44
For all the guys wearing the Magpul belts, are you wearing the original or the Burro?

I have the Areis Ages belt. It's like wearing a rock hard plastic belt. Not very comfortable after a few hours. I'd like something a bit more flexible that can carry a G19 and G43.

Kain
07-24-17, 22:00
For all the guys wearing the Magpul belts, are you wearing the original or the Burro?

I have the Areis Ages belt. It's like wearing a rock hard plastic belt. Not very comfortable after a few hours. I'd like something a bit more flexible that can carry a G19 and G43.

Original in my case. Was looking for a low key/gray man approach.
I also grabbed mine from Aim when they were on sale, think I paid like $54 shipped, good price in my opinion.

CGSteve
07-24-17, 22:43
I would agree with all the people who recommended the belts from Ares gear. They are durable and made of a material stiff enough to accommodate IWB or OWB from kydex or leather holsters without damage to the belt. I would wear that belt when I used to wear a uniform or those cool guy tac pants for work.

That being said, if you ever have a need to wear a suit or business casual for work and want to carry, I recommend a company called Orion Leather Company. I'm one that believes practicality should never be sacrificed for style, but at the same time, style should not be nixed altogether. Those "tactical" type instructor belts look like shit with a suit, because you can plainly see that it isn't leather. And if you ordered one in coyote brown, forget it. Also the thick, rough scuba webbing of these belts could destroy the more delicate fabrics of the belt loops on suits.

Orion makes leather belts using full grain leather (so called genuine leather you see from big brands in department stores is the lowest grade), in styles and colors that can be worn with "adult" clothing. For me they have been thick enough to work with kydex holsters. I have them in three different colors and wear them every day with jeans carrying a G19 IWB. When I have to wear a suit, same deal. Also made in USA for those where that is a big concern.

They are not that expensive so try one and see if it works for you. http://www.orionleathercompany.com/

DirectTo
07-25-17, 00:01
The original for me as well.

arcticlightfighter
07-25-17, 00:02
I have been using my Wilderness 5 stitch for 15 years, sent back once for new velcro. I have 2 more EDC 3 stitch Wilderness 1.75" (black and sage) and the refurbished 5 stitch has been relegated to my LE inner belt

Love them.

Thinking about the Proctor WOTG concealment belt for EDC

kantstudien
07-25-17, 00:15
After over a decade and a half and all the different/new belts that have come out, I still find myself going back to the Wilderness Instructor 5 stitch. Best belt overall

rathos
07-25-17, 01:30
Belt man or similar belt. I have two (different colors) that I have owned for over 11 years and they still look pretty new. They can be worn with jeans, shorts, or a suit and they don't look out of place. I have bought multiple ares gear belts, the cobra buckle, slider buckle (forget what they call it) and the no buckle version that Handgun combatives sells on their website. The ares are just never quite as comfortable, and don't look as professional. I will say I did pay for the extra kydex reinforcement so not sure if that is why they have held up so well. I also generally carry a government 1911 IWB with two mags on the belt and one in a snag mag in my pocket so they hold up weight very well.

noonesshowmonkey
07-25-17, 02:13
For all the guys wearing the Magpul belts, are you wearing the original or the burro?

El Original for me.

Seriously, if you are carying a gun, reload, and knife every day (god forbid a radio and tq), get a composite belt. Get something leather + kydex / whatever.

cuz
07-25-17, 08:22
I've been getting mine from

They're not cheap, but worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotrodder636
07-25-17, 08:40
The Original for me. I wanted something that just looked like a nice leather belt.

Does anyone have any experience with the Alien Gear leather belts? They appear to have the right makings.

Watrdawg
07-25-17, 09:34
I've been using Beltman belts for the last 4-5 years now. I have a couple of their 1 1/4" belts for work clothes/suits and the 1 1/2" belts for everyday wear with khaki's and jeans. Yes they are a bit expensive but more than work it. I also like the Ares Gear belts. I use them for classes and such.

HeruMew
07-25-17, 09:43
First and foremost, I LOVE how many different replies there are on this topic in only a mere day or so.

It truly shows that belts are a truly inflated/competitive market and that there is a lot of quality product to be had. Of course, in any inflated market, you risk much more low quality too.

Avoid most belts 20$ or less. Not being a snob, I am being real. As a fatty and a guy who would go through 3-5 leather belts a year at that price range, it's never worth it. Thankfully, I don't think there are many "GunBelts" for around that price range anyways.

As of today, there is only one company I absolutely entrust my daily carry to: Daltech Force.

I tried a lot of the cheap crap only to find it fail on me. So, I took a step up. I didn't "Neeed" a 100+ Dollar gunbelt with metal insert and snake leather. I needed something Durable, Efficient, Longterm, and Reliable; but, at an affordable/competitive cost.

When I came across Daltech, it was actually in regards to a "buckle-less" belt venture I was on to help avoid those pinches and buckles. I purchased their 1.5" Velcro "Indestructi-belt" SuperBio-Material and was instantly impressed. It's a poly/rubber material that replicates the look of leather. However, even on first touch, I could tell it wasn't anything like any other material I have used for a belt. I wore that belt cinched tight, for a heavy guy, with a daily IFAK, G26 in N8 Tactical, a g17 reload on my left hip, and my heavier folder, flashlight, keys, etc. I have, on average, a ten pound "kit" I carry on me everyday. All for around 40-45 bucks.

Now some of a little bad, that ultimately makes this company VERY good:
The velcro, like any other heavy duty belt, was it's weakness. After 5-6 months, it started coming loose, and wouldn't hold it's self. I found myself adjusting and re-cinching the belt every few hours towards the end. However, I had taken multiple spills in water with this belt, swam at times when needed. The material really took a beating.

I emailed Daltech and explained my situation, why it was happening, and that I would prefer a replacement with a buckle. They wanted to repair the belt initially, and when I offered to meet them halfway and pay a small percentage for a new belt, the sales director sent me an email directly asking if my address and name were the same as my order, as they would be sending me the replacement belt I asked for free of charge with the repair order for the velcro belt. The replacement I asked for was their Black "Special Ops" Belt. In spec terms, it's a 1.5" belt with a black metal belt buckle and black metal extra material band.

I got to know this sales director quite well, we built a lot of rapport, and you can tell this company genuinely cares about it's word of mouth advertising. I am rounding out on Month 3 of this new belt, and I wouldn't have asked for anything different. The repair was very quick, and the velcro belt is good as new (now reserved for "light" use and airports). There is no stretch, sag, tears, none of that. The material does scuff up easily, but rubs out just as easy.

For interest of Customer Service, American Made, Absolute Value in their warranty and repair skills, custom belt sizes (even for the big boys like me) and priced very competitively. I have purchased a few more as gifts over the last year or so due to this experience. It's very nice knowing you get great bang for your buck and are helping support American family paychecks that make a quality product.

Damn, this sounds like a sales pitch, but, no. I am seriously just this much of a fanboy for this belt and company.

556BlackRifle
07-25-17, 10:24
I've owned a few gun belts and this is hands down my favorite. Not the cheapest but also not the most expensive. https://www.filson.com/1-1-2-double-belt.html In 30+ years of CCW it's the best that I've ever used.

masakari
07-25-17, 10:57
I've been very happy with my "El Original" Magpul belt. Very utilitarian.
I also have a Beltman belt, which I primarily wear with a suit.
Both are excellent.

m1a_scoutguy
07-25-17, 12:27
I have had a Hanks Belt for close to a year and its a good belt ! I like the "traditional" style not the nylon tactical looking buckle and all. I use it for EDC and when I go to matches, seems to be holding up fine ! They make tons of different styles ! Worth checking out I say ! https://www.hanksbelts.com/

KTR03
07-25-17, 14:08
I have cycled through Fist, Galco, Wilderness Instructor... and for the last 3 months I have been wearing the Apogee belt from boxer tactical. (https://boxertactical.com/product/apogee-belt-1-5/). It is American made. The buckle is a CNC machined Aluminum ratchet style buckle. The belt is some polymer/rubber thing that looks like leather is extremely stiff top to bottom and very flexible side to side. Went hiking the other day with a SAO Beretta Brigadier, an extra mag, and a RMJ Kukri. The belt never moved, never got loose, and remained very comfortable. 100 bucks is a lot for a belt, but I have 2 broken 5/11 "instructor type" belts with broken pot metal buckles... There is a 100 bucks right there.

1986s4
07-25-17, 16:10

Yup, great belt, casual and has that man of action look..
Also, I like the Mountain Khakis web belt, a little dressier but stiff enough for a lighter carry piece.

Medic548
07-25-17, 18:56
I am going to back up m1a scout guy. Hanks leather belts work well for my G19/INCOG, 6' 259lbs down to 225lbs, so far. I wear them for almost every purpose, aside from wearing a suit. Only issue is that as I shrink, I have to "tailor" the belts a little.

Vandal
07-25-17, 20:01
The last leather gun belt I bought was form Blade Tech in 2010. If they still made them I would buy another in a hear beat but they don't and the timing of this thread is great.
I've been looking mainly at Beltman and Mean Gene Leather, glad to see more options for us out there.

skipper49
07-25-17, 22:45
Been using belts from Custercustomleather for the past 3 years. Young Custer is my grandson (in the spirit of full disclosure), and I'm one of his beta testers, but I pay full price for my belts, and I've been very pleased with them. Plain, heavy, single thickness or the one I just received, with 2 thin layers of beautiful leather that looks great and is very functional, I use one to carry EVERY day.
MANY very good belt makers out there. Prices can vary widely. Some great suggestions here already.
Skip

Obagual
07-27-17, 15:36
I have an Uncle Mikes belt that looks very similar to the Wilderness Instructor belt. Anyone have or had both the Uncle Mikes and Wilderness Instructor to see the difference between the two for EDC only? I am specifying EDC carry only because the Wilderness Instructor belt's original purpose sounds like it was for things other than EDC that I don't need at this time.

_Stormin_
07-27-17, 15:49
The last leather gun belt I bought was form Blade Tech in 2010. If they still made them I would buy another in a hear beat but they don't and the timing of this thread is great.
I've been looking mainly at Beltman and Mean Gene Leather, glad to see more options for us out there.
I think I have the same belt from that time. Thing is tough as nails and has served me well for years. At some point, I'm sure I will have to replace it, but the thing is a tank in my rotation.

Dingo
07-27-17, 16:24
I have an Uncle Mikes belt that looks very similar to the Wilderness Instructor belt. Anyone have or had both the Uncle Mikes and Wilderness Instructor to see the difference between the two for EDC only? I am specifying EDC carry only because the Wilderness Instructor belt's original purpose sounds like it was for things other than EDC that I don't need at this time.
I've had both and there is a difference, I would rather spend the money on the Wilderness, but I have the kydex reinforced one. Either way if I were you I'd get the wilderness 5 stitch minimum. I've had uncle mikes and 5.11 operator. The 5.11 was the second best. a good belt is worth the money, it's amazing how much better he wilderness handles the weight

KTR03
07-27-17, 20:26
I have two broken 5.11 belts. The little slider in the belt is pot metal. They broke and you can see the grain structure of the metal. For double the money the Apogee belt is well worth it.

msh441
07-27-17, 20:52
Hanks Belts, if you want leather.

tacticaldesire
07-27-17, 22:50
Special Operations Equipment (SOE) Edc Belt. It's fantastic and much better than all these new facebook/instagram companies producing knockoffs that suck. Ares Gear is another good one along with Mean Gene Leather.

Baldness
07-29-17, 09:20
I have a beltman bullhide belt can't say enough good things about it worth every penny in my humble opinion I carry a g26 iwb and a g19 mag for reload I have no kydex insert and still no sag or stretching

BuzzinSATX
08-02-17, 14:22
I have been using the Kore Trakline gun belt for about 5 months now. Carried everything from a Glock 26, 19, 17 and a P30L on it and it's been great. The 1/4" clicks are way more useful than I thought they would be, and it doesn't sag. I even used it like a battle belt at the range yesterday and it worked awesome. I have been dumping weight the last few months and I would have had to buy a few new belts if not for this one.

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

Huge thanks to WW for the Kore Gunbelt tip.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170802/c4d5f9aa556c1c4798094b6a9dbed887.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170802/f042792a59b164d001720ab6be82624b.jpg

I've been looking for a pair of good quality belts, but hesitant to spend several hundred bucks since I am also on a journey to get healthy and slowly and steadily losing weight.

I messaged WW offline with a few lingering questions and then ordered two belts, two buckles, and a hanger. Total bill was around $118 delivered.

The belts were ordered Thursday evening and arrived in my mailbox on Monday afternoon.

I read the simple directions, tried the black belt on with my largest IWB carry gun, added a few inches of just in case, and cut the belt with a pair of heavy duty shears. I put the belt back on, and decided to cut another inch and a half off.

Once the first belt was good, the second belt was just a matter of cutting to the same size.

Both belts seem to be excellent quality. The buckles are very solid, and the hanger works pretty well (belts are still stiff and curled from shipping.

So I cannot provide much wear and longevity data, but first impressions are excellent. I'll wear this belt with slacks, khakis, jeans, or shorts. I'm not sure if it goes with a $2000 suit, but since I neither have nor want one, it's not an issue for me.

ramairthree
08-02-17, 15:15
While I am not a big fan of their holsters,
I like the Alien Gear belt.

BigSam
08-02-17, 19:45
Special Operations Equipment (SOE) Edc Belt. It's fantastic and much better than all these new facebook/instagram companies producing knockoffs that suck. Ares Gear is another good one along with Mean Gene Leather.

SOE doesn't honor their guarantee.

Bought the EDC belt back in '13 and really like the quality.
The belt material started to fray last year.
I contacted Willis (owner) and he asked for $25 to build me another one.
He would not honor his forever guarantee.

Good Luck.

Hayseed
08-04-17, 20:17
Volund GearWorks has always treated me really well. I'm a huge fan of how stiff the belt is; for me it showed how much a good belt matters for ccw'ing.

tower59
08-05-17, 15:24
Thanks for the tip on the Kore belt- have not seen it before. It has a unique method to adjust its length, allowing for a very precise fit and accommodating a changing waist size. This seems like a huge plus for someone whose may be losing weight, or who sometimes carries IWB and sometimes doesn't. Haven't seen any other belts (other than Velcro) that offer this type of flexibility. Any other comments on this belt?

Moose-Knuckle
08-06-17, 05:42
I've been wearing a Talon Tactical gun belt everyday since 2013.

No complaints whatsoever.

https://www.talontactical.com/cobra-buckle-belt-p-1125.html?OBNsid=0982746cc42e0f7d1a70d00082e3919e

omegajb
08-06-17, 08:10
Finding a good casual belt for jeans is a PITA add the strength for CCW its even more difficult. I love the 5.11 leather belt and works great for both.
http://www.511tactical.com/leather-casual-belt-15.html

johnt43
08-06-17, 08:56
Beltman here.

Clay
08-06-17, 09:38
I've been using a Wilderness Frequent Flyer for around 15 years or so. My wife loves the WOTG belt from Frank Proctor - it's less rigid in the back and doesn't create a gap for her like most belts.

Jesse H
08-06-17, 13:19
I have been using my Wilderness 5 stitch for 15 years, sent back once for new velcro. I have 2 more EDC 3 stitch Wilderness 1.75" (black and sage) and the refurbished 5 stitch has been relegated to my LE inner belt

Love them.

Thinking about the Proctor WOTG concealment belt for EDC

Similar experience with my 1.5" Wilderness. It's about 18 years old and they replaced the Velcro for free.

It saved my life at my bachelor party. They pulled me up on stage at the strip club and the girls had planned on pulling my pants off, but they were unable to figure out how to undo the Wilderness Instructor's Belt and gave up.

BuzzinSATX
08-06-17, 16:27
...It saved my life at my bachelor party. They pulled me up on stage at the strip club and the girls had planned on pulling my pants off, but they were unable to figure out how to undo the Wilderness Instructor's Belt and gave up.

LOL! Save your "life" or your "dignity"....

Either way, good win! [emoji106]

Moose-Knuckle
08-07-17, 05:31
It saved my life at my bachelor party. They pulled me up on stage at the strip club and the girls had planned on pulling my pants off, but they were unable to figure out how to undo the Wilderness Instructor's Belt and gave up.

Hot damn if that ain't a product endorsement then I don't know what is . . . :lol:

dontshakepandas
08-07-17, 13:47
I've been using a Wilderness Frequent Flyer for around 15 years or so. My wife loves the WOTG belt from Frank Proctor - it's less rigid in the back and doesn't create a gap for her like most belts.

I've tried countless belts but I keep coming back to the Frequent Flyer. I've only had mine for about 4 years, and the color is starting to fade a bit in some places, but light weight and simplicity just can't be beat.

BigTex2000
08-10-17, 07:17
Magpul Tejas belt. The thread was looking for a concealed carry belt. It won't look like you are on a camping trip if you wear a leather belt.

Rinspeed
08-10-17, 19:43
For the money you won't find a better belt than A&G, I've compared them side by side and these are very high quality and very reasonably priced. When you order he might also offer you one very similar that he has on the shelf at a 25% discount with no additional shipping charge.

http://agcustomgunleather.com/

tacticaldesire
08-11-17, 00:33
SOE doesn't honor their guarantee.

Bought the EDC belt back in '13 and really like the quality.
The belt material started to fray last year.
I contacted Willis (owner) and he asked for $25 to build me another one.
He would not honor his forever guarantee.

Good Luck.

Why would normal use be covered under a warranty? If the belt ripped in half or the buckle fell off that's one thing, and it likely would have been honored. All nylon gear frays after a years of use.

Should I send my boots back to Danners because the tread is worn?

AndyLate
08-11-17, 07:45
For me, a Wilderness 5 stich Frequent Flyer. I've carried my G19 12+ hours IWB when travelling, 8+ hours OWB with 4 spare mags shooting action pistol. Great belt, but pretty casual looking.
Andy

P.S. I have worn it flying too.

TAZ
08-11-17, 16:17
Wilderness 5 stitch works great. You can get the metal buckle or the plastic frequent flyer unit. Both have been solid. Since switching to AIWB a few years ago I've found the Arkteryx Conveyor belt to be great.

Zjhagens
08-18-17, 21:42
Ares Gear makes a very nice belt with a buckle that doesn't look overly tactical.

anglina
04-12-22, 03:18
I think concealed carry belts from charter tactical are unique in their features. They are made from high quality nylon material and are long lasting.
https://www.chartertactical.com/

MegademiC
04-12-22, 06:57
Thanks for the tip on the Kore belt- have not seen it before. It has a unique method to adjust its length, allowing for a very precise fit and accommodating a changing waist size. This seems like a huge plus for someone whose may be losing weight, or who sometimes carries IWB and sometimes doesn't. Haven't seen any other belts (other than Velcro) that offer this type of flexibility. Any other comments on this belt?

Nexbelt is similar. Both are great for normal-looking leather belts that can handle a gun... but you have to get the gun-specific models, obviously.

gaijin
04-12-22, 12:07
Assuming like most here I have DRAWERS full of holsters/belts.

Current favorite is a “Blue Alpha EDC Belt”, 1 1/2” that folds onto itself and fastens with Velcro. Easy to cinch down properly.

https://www.bluealphabelts.com/product/low-profile-edc-belt/

matemike
04-12-22, 15:34
honestly, have belts changed much in 5 years?

UTShooter71
04-13-22, 10:26
Howdy,
I use a Vedder reinforced belt (brown), a Hank's belt (black) and reinforced instructor belts (black & FDE). All are good to go.

L-2
04-13-22, 22:04
Don't buy this as a gun belt.

https://tinyurl.com/4b2zy9nz

Here's Timberland belt, which had its buckle break on me yesterday. While the belt material was good, reversible between black or brown, the buckle has a pressed-in spring-loaded pin both holding the buckle together and allowing the buckle to be merely twisted around to be reversed. The pin broke/fractured.

In retrospect, it would have been better and stronger, but less convenient, to use a design which would allow the buckle to be totally removed and reinstalled.

I don't remember where I bought this belt. It could have been Costco or one of those discount stores like "TJ Maxx". I'm back to using several other belts I own such as Magpul's "Tejas" belts:
https://magpul.com/apparel-gear/accessories/belts.html

pag23
04-14-22, 06:18
Magpul Tejas belt. The thread was looking for a concealed carry belt. It won't look like you are on a camping trip if you wear a leather belt.

This....plus they go on sale time to time

Tanner
04-14-22, 12:04
I just use whatever leather/ fabric belt I've used/had for years, never used a specific 'duty' or specific belt ever.

Baldness
04-16-22, 21:45
I just used whatever belt I had for about 10 years then I got a belt from beltman it did wonders it’s worth the 80 bucks or so I paid for sure that belt is still going strong had it for about 6 years now

ggp2jz
04-18-22, 11:58
https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop/specialist-pro

Really comfortable especially with aiwb

WickedWillis
04-18-22, 13:53
Assuming like most here I have DRAWERS full of holsters/belts.

Current favorite is a “Blue Alpha EDC Belt”, 1 1/2” that folds onto itself and fastens with Velcro. Easy to cinch down properly.

https://www.bluealphabelts.com/product/low-profile-edc-belt/

I've been rocking the 5.11 belt for years, but it's starting to not hold as well. Just ordered one of these. I carry for sometimes 12 hours a day so minimal is better. Thank you

04-18-22, 17:33
I have been using Blue Alpha Hybrid EDC belts for a couple of years. Great belts.

lowprone
04-18-22, 21:09
I have the Beltman models for 1911 and Glock 9/40 frame size, it is not just a belt, but a holster sewed to a belt.