PDA

View Full Version : MidwayUSA has Aimpoint 3x Magnifiers with twist mount for $432 shipped

JRHorne
07-26-17, 10:31
23 were left, then I ordered, so 22 left as of this posting.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/347364/aimpoint-magnifier-30mm-tube-3x-20mm-with-twistmount-and-spacer-matte

cd228
07-26-17, 13:56
23 were left, then I ordered, so 22 left as of this posting.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/347364/aimpoint-magnifier-30mm-tube-3x-20mm-with-twistmount-and-spacer-matte
21 now. Thanks for the heads up!

scottryan
07-26-17, 14:44
I stopped ordering anything from Midway that is on clearance and basically pulled all my business from them in general.

I have found these clearance products are often inventory clean outs with incomplete factory packaging, blems, overruns, returns, or other nonsense.

The price break they give the buyer doesn't offset this bullshit.

Ordered two clearance Noveske barrels from them and they showed up rolling around loose in a midway cardboard box with no factory Noveske paper or factory black bubble wrap around them. They were immediately returned. They did not refund my original shipping charge and honestly midway has become a bunch of deceptive liars.

They are the wal-mart of the gun world.

cd228
07-26-17, 14:47
I haven't had an issue with them, but I'll take a good look at the item when it gets to me. Thanks for the heads up Scott.

scottryan
07-26-17, 15:01
I also ordered a Samson rail for a project and the rail was obviously a return from another customer. It had installation marks on it. The staples which held the factory plastic blister pack together were removed/missing.

It got sent back and of course my original shipping charge was not refunded. I debated on disputing it with my CC company.

Also, if you order a Colt upper from them, they can't be bothered to place it into another box. They stick the UPS label on the factory blue/white Colt box. Received a number of uppers from them with the front sight ears poking out of the box.

Also ordered a Aimpoint Micro about 5 years ago. They placed the Aimpoint with factory box in a padded envelope instead of a cardboard box. A $700 optic. Luckly, the Aimpoint box was not crushed.

Let me tell you the difference between midway and Brownells.

Brownells: If I have an issue, I can immediately get a manager on the phone which has decision making authority to make a situation right. They look me up on their computer and see how much business I have given them. I don't get the run round. I have never received damaged product from them. They also box everything in a plain box and do not use the factory packaging as the shipping container.

Midway: I call with a issue, and I get a $12/hr college age girl that has no clue about anything, with no authority to make a decision. I get the run around on the phone and they act like I am at fault with no options to resolve a problem they caused. I do not get my original shipping refunded if I return something.

Brownells has their Edge program with free shipping both ways, and their dealer program. I don't know why anyone would order anything from midway.

The next time I have an issue with midway, I will open a CC dispute and keep the item. It seems to be the only action which would get their attention.

cd228
07-26-17, 15:04
Wow that's really bad. I used to order a lot of my reloading supplies from them and I never had an issue. I just got a COLT upper from G and R and it had the COLT Box in another box.

JRHorne
07-26-17, 15:17
I've never had a problem. Ordered the clearance R1 from them like in 2010 or something for $299 and it was just an end of model run, brand new, in box, and all Aimpoint accessories.

Stickman
07-26-17, 15:24
I stopped ordering anything from Midway that is on clearance and basically pulled all my business from them in general.

I have found these products are often inventory clean outs with incomplete factory packaging, overruns, returns, or other nonsense.

The price break they give the buyer doesn't offset this bullshit.

Ordered two clearance Noveske barrels from them and they showed up rolling around loose in a midway cardboard box with no factory Noveske paper or factory black bubble wrap around them. They were immediately returned. They did not refund my original shipping charge and honestly midway has become a bunch of deceptive liars.

They are the wal-mart of the gun world.

I consider you a credible source of information, and that isn't something I say often on the internet. I appreciate your input on this, and will not use them.

CLee0509
07-26-17, 20:07
I bought one from Midway, afterwards I found the same deal on Amazon but says shipping is 2-4 weeks out.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.amazon.com/Aimpoint-Magnifier-Twist-Picatinny-Spacer/dp/B0052SW2JW&ved=0ahUKEwiWsZ-YoqjVAhWLiFQKHYM-DNIQFghCMAA&usg=AFQjCNHml6fJAa-ebc5Af-poC0OgmXV_XQ

Hopefully all is well ordering from Midway. I haven't had any bad experiences but I trust your reviews have been factual. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1_click_off
07-26-17, 21:07
Before I order anything from midway, I ask myself if I care if it gets shipped loose in a bubble wrap envelope, with holes in it. My chargemaster was packaged well though. Any small item I know better be tough.

Wolff springs smashed, reamers reamed themselves out of package, etc. I understand trying to save a buck in shipping. I sometimes order small stuff just to see if it will even make it. It is bad when the Mrs. even notices the poor packaging.

scottryan
07-26-17, 21:57
Before I order anything from midway, I ask myself if I care if it gets shipped loose in a bubble wrap envelope, with holes in it. My chargemaster was packaged well though. Any small item I know better be tough.

Wolff springs smashed, reamers reamed themselves out of package, etc. I understand trying to save a buck in shipping. I sometimes order small stuff just to see if it will even make it. It is bad when the Mrs. even notices the poor packaging.

Exactly my experience.

pinzgauer
07-26-17, 22:26

4 orders recently all thrown in bubble pak envelope. Two of the orders had broken plastic boxes in them.

They threw a $100 box of lapua cases in a bubble pack and shipped it!

Iraqgunz
07-26-17, 22:46
A. We have a place to post stuff like this when appropriate.

B. If you want to start a Sink the Midway Thread, do so in the appropriate area.