PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation needed: Plain Jane Glock slide milling for RMR

toasterlocker
07-29-17, 19:10
I don't have much interest in all sorts of crazy designs or lightening cuts, I just want a place to stick an RMR on a spare Glock 23 I have laying around.

Any particular company recommended for this? Doing it right is most important, but of course if all else is equal I would love to know of a place that doesn't overcharge and has a reasonable turnaround.

Wake27
07-29-17, 19:28
ATEi is recognized as the gold standard and recently introduced an $80 generic RMR cut. Besides that, there's L&M precision, Jagerworks, and Fire 4 Effect. Those are the four that pay attention to.

Jagerworks is probably the best bang for your buck and may have the shortest turn around time as well. They don't charge to assemble/disassemble the slide or install and align new irons or the red dot.

ggammell
07-29-17, 20:19
ATEi. You don't have to get all kinds of other stuff done.

MegademiC
07-29-17, 21:37
I don't have much interest in all sorts of crazy designs or lightening cuts, I just want a place to stick an RMR on a spare Glock 23 I have laying around.

Any particular company recommended for this? Doing it right is most important, but of course if all else is equal I would love to know of a place that doesn't overcharge and has a reasonable turnaround.

I just researched and asked the same thing. Seems aeti fit/pro cut is "doing it right". It's my edc so I'm doing that. Range gun, I'd go with the $80 cut most likely. The pro cut has some advantages.

dougwg
07-31-17, 09:11
If it's just an RMR cut I usually turn them under a week and many times the same day.

sL1m
08-01-17, 05:54
How much lead time if we add a refinish, ie. black nitride?

AKS-74U
08-01-17, 10:16
If it's just an RMR cut I usually turn them under a week and many times the same day.

Will you stipple a G17 frame that's already had the finger grooves shaved down? It's my carry gun, and I'm nowhere near good enough at stippling to do it myself.

ggammell
08-01-17, 12:13

I think it's about 2 weeks from the time they receive to the time they ship it back.

toasterlocker
08-01-17, 22:48

I was actually looking at the site and thinking I would probably go with you guys. Don't want to go super cheap, definitely would want the bare metal covered up after the RMR cut.

Not sure if my reading comprehension is impaired or what, but I was having trouble figuring out which option was what I was looking for. Can you send a link to the appropriate page to use or tell me which option in the drop-down menus I'm looking for?

dougwg
08-02-17, 08:02

2 weeks.
But keep in mind that I have to send batches to the refinishing.

dougwg
08-02-17, 08:03
Will you stipple a G17 frame that's already had the finger grooves shaved down? It's my carry gun, and I'm nowhere near good enough at stippling to do it myself.

Yes, no problem

dougwg
08-02-17, 08:04
It would be best to call, Nina can walk you through it.

ggammell
08-02-17, 08:14
Doug-

Since you're monitoring this thread a quick question about your fitted cut. Have you ever measured the height over bore of the RMR on a 9mm Glock? Pure curiosity.

dougwg
08-03-17, 08:09
Have not

Wake27
08-04-17, 10:23
Doug, for the universal RMR cut, do you need the RMR with the slide? I'd rather wait to get the RMR until the slide is on its way back.

dougwg
08-05-17, 11:17
Doug, for the universal RMR cut, do you need the RMR with the slide? I'd rather wait to get the RMR until the slide is on its way back.

Nope, only with the pro cut.

Wake27
08-05-17, 20:48
Nope, only with the pro cut.

Aweosme, thanks. I'm sending you my slide on Monday. I'm tired of trying to make the ATOM/DP Pro combo work the way I want. Now I just have to decide if I want the less reliable RMR or the stupid settings RMR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dontshakepandas
08-07-17, 13:53
I went with the Unity Tactical slide just to be a little more future proof, but if I was having something milled I would have gone with ATEI. I believe they are one of only a few companies that actually machine the recoil lugs for the RMR into the slide.