PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Innovations TAC15 Lower

C4IGrant
10-04-08, 11:09
A customer has sent one of these in for us to put our G&R LPK in it. We noticed two strange things about these billet lowers. The first is that they will NOT accept the Magpul Enhanced TG and the buffer retaining pin hole narrows as you go down and is slightly off center. This makes it VERY hard to get the retaining pin in.

IMHO, I would avoid these lowers as it appears some things are not machined all that well (or correctly).

Item I am speaking of: http://www.tacticalinc.com/ar15-receivers-c-359.html

C4

No.6
10-04-08, 11:29
Thanks for the head up Grant. I was looking at one of these.

Stickman
10-04-08, 12:05
Grant,

Did you contact the company to find out if its a known problem or isolated issue?

C4IGrant
10-04-08, 12:18
Grant,

Did you contact the company to find out if its a known problem or isolated issue?

The trigger guard issue is not a mistake (just how they machine the ears on the TG). The buffer retainer issue could be a fluke (don't know). Since the lower is not a brand I stock and I did not sell it to the customer, I will let them contact the manufacturer.

Billet uppers and lowers (from any manufacturer) tend to always have problem with things not fitting because holes are always machined/drilled to the small size of the spec.

C4

GONIF
10-04-08, 14:52
I have 1 billet lower an Arizona Armory(SunDevil) and every thing was in spec and went together fine. the finish is superb . that said I won't be buying any more billet lowers . the forged lower's are just as good or better and cheaper . no up side to billet for me .