PDA

View Full Version : Guns

terreythompson
08-02-17, 21:38
Hey, I'm Terrey Thompson. I just joined this forum to learn more about gun safety and what kind of firearms I should consider buying.

nolt
08-02-17, 22:49
Hi Terry!

You need to acquire a Star Model B 9mm as soon as possible.
You should not point the barrel of the Model B at anything that you do not wish to destroy.
You should not put your finger on the trigger of the Model B unless the Model B is pointed at something that you wish to destroy.

Swear as much as you can make yourself swear.

kh86
08-02-17, 23:22
Uhhhh... go to a range and rent a few. Then come back and spend a dozen hours researching all the different firearms you just shot and compare them to your personal experience. Probably will cost a couple hundred bucks and a weekend but it's worth it.

Welcome to the club pal.

SeriousStudent
08-03-17, 00:06
Hi Terrey, welcome aboard.

What roles do you see the firearm filling for you? Personal defense in the home or office? Fun to shoot at the range? Are you thinking of a pistol or a long gun?

Finance plays a part as well, since we all live within a budget.

And learning safety first is a wise idea. Have you had a chance to become familiar with what are often referred to as the Four Rules of Firearms Safety?

BuzzinSATX
08-03-17, 05:33
Hi Terry,

For the gun safety briefing I give new shooters I take to the range, I always let Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch have the honors, since he does so much more effectively than I could:

https://youtu.be/o6Y7LIJm5gI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk