PDA

View Full Version : Titan Defense/GSG9 Gen 2 uppers

ABNAK
08-05-17, 08:21
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/TD-416-GSG9-Gen-2-10-4-556-Upper-Kit-Complete-p17662.htm

Nah, not for $1800. The Gen 1's were in the $800 ballpark, but now $1K more? I'm sure they'll eventually sell out but you can find a genuine MR556 upper for about that price. Granted, once you had the barrel cut/re-profiled, nitrided, and the vented gas block installed you'd be well north of $1800, but it'd be a real HK and not a clone.

Only real selling point for these is the famous high round count that range in Las Vegas has gotten out of them.

mbell556
08-05-17, 12:53
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/TD-416-GSG9-Gen-2-10-4-556-Upper-Kit-Complete-p17662.htm

Nah, not for $1800. The Gen 1's were in the $800 ballpark, but now $1K more? I'm sure they'll eventually sell out but you can find a genuine MR556 upper for about that price. Granted, once you had the barrel cut/re-profiled, nitrided, and the vented gas block installed you'd be well north of $1800, but it'd be a real HK and not a clone.

Only real selling point for these is the famous high round count that range in Las Vegas has gotten out of them.

I agree that these uppers are way overpriced. The Gen1s function well but the quality of the materials and workmanship is no where close to the German uppers. IMHO these should be more like $800-$900. The Wolf A! uppers are military quality piston uppers going for $600 in today's market. Maybe the prices will come down. I am definitely not in at the current asking price.

Stickman
08-05-17, 14:24
The sole reason the price is so high is because of who is selling them. hKParts.net has been singled handledly keeping HK prices obscene for a very long time.

glock21xxx
08-05-17, 17:29

I got the notice when they dropped and had mentally prepared for spending about $1k. When I saw the $1800 price tag, I quickly closed the browser. That is a bummer :/

Duffy
08-05-17, 18:59
Not even for the laser engraved GSG symbol? ;)

I'll stick to my DI. These prices will come down when they realize nobody's buying them.

Rayrevolver
08-05-17, 21:03
Here is a Gen 1 that sold on GB:
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/667635190

Stickman
08-05-17, 21:21
Here is a Gen 1 that sold on GB:
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/667635190

Weapons and items used in movies, such as the one you linked to, will always have a higher value than their less famous siblings.

ccosby
08-05-17, 22:14
I was under the impression that Titan Defense went out of business a long time ago. I don't pretend to be on top of all of the Todd Bailey companies but does anyone know what is actually up? I remember reading that HKparts bought the tooling from them to do the flat sales and who knows what else. Maybe they bought the tooling for this too?

Edit: That auction for the coharie one said the rail height is different. I thought the titan defense ones were supposed to be the same as the real hks?

I agree with others the price is way too high.

ABNAK
08-06-17, 08:50
I got the notice when they dropped and had mentally prepared for spending about $1k. When I saw the $1800 price tag, I quickly closed the browser. That is a bummer :/

Pretty much where I was at.

eodinert
08-06-17, 13:53
I was under the impression that Titan Defense went out of business a long time ago. I don't pretend to be on top of all of the Todd Bailey companies but does anyone know what is actually up? I remember reading that HKparts bought the tooling from them to do the flat sales and who knows what else. Maybe they bought the tooling for this too?

That auction on Gunbroker was by a seller called 'TRB developments', or something along those lines... I was curious enough to google, and Todd Bailey's middle initial is in fact R.

I was going to do a 416 clone when the Titan uppers first dropped, but getting a proper lower looked like an expensive pain in the ass. I ended up buying an MR556 (on the EE here) for a good price, right before they started going up again. I SBR'd it, chopped the barrel, and now have the rifle I wanted...and it's a proper HK. Pretty sure I came out ahead going that route, on a couple of levels.

ccosby
08-07-17, 02:51
That auction on Gunbroker was by a seller called 'TRB developments', or something along those lines... I was curious enough to google, and Todd Bailey's middle initial is in fact R.

I was going to do a 416 clone when the Titan uppers first dropped, but getting a proper lower looked like an expensive pain in the ass. I ended up buying an MR556 (on the EE here) for a good price, right before they started going up again. I SBR'd it, chopped the barrel, and now have the rifle I wanted...and it's a proper HK. Pretty sure I came out ahead going that route, on a couple of levels.

I noticed that. Also where they said those were not the same height as the hk which would mean rail issues if you wanted to change it where the new ones are supposed to be the same height as the real hks.

I actually don't think I've ever seen ones marked Coharie Arms instead of titan defense. Those uppers might be very old stock the Todd Bailey had left over.