PDA

View Full Version : PRS .308 Budget Build

sidewaysil80
08-10-17, 21:33
Wanted to try my hand at PRS type matches, specifically the Peacemaker Long Range Challenge matches. Didn't have anything capable of 1200yds; didn't want to spend a fortune either. Was able to shop around and get some good deals and all in all I'm pretty happy, should be a decent stick.

Factory Remington 700P 5r 24" barreled action
Magpul stock/bottom metal
Seekins rings/base
Nightforce F1 SHV.

It was a pleasant surprise to see the 700P come with a slightly larger factory bolt knob, but more importantly the 40x trigger.

It wouldn't be competitive, but as it sits I can also shoot F-class with it since I dabble in that as well. However if I enjoy the PRS stuff I'll give up that ability and probably add a muzzle break. Maybe get stupid and skim bed it as well.

http://i.imgur.com/wsIyW8Q.jpg

m24shooter
08-13-17, 10:39
Very nice. That trigger and bolt knob are definitely nice bonuses.

08-13-17, 23:50
That'll do to get your feet wet.

I use an FN SPR A3G with 175gr SMKs. I wouldn't take it to a PRS type match because it's a 3+1 hinged floor plate, but for local type stuff it's sometimes ok. I think the SPR barrel is about the same as your Sendero profile and it's really too short and light to be very competitive with a dedicated F/TR gun.

You're gonna have to blow 175 or 185 out of there as hard as you can, 24" just ain't much runway.

A 24"-26" Sendero is my favorite profile though.

Vegasshooter
08-17-17, 09:13
That is a great looking stick. Please keep us posted on how she shoots.
I believe there is a division that has a cost ceiling. Maybe you can start there to get your feet wet. This way you're not shooting against the full blown customs with $5-6k price tags. Just a thought.
That really is a good looking rifle though. ��

misfit47
09-17-17, 12:33
Good looking rifle and great scope!

Lefty223
09-17-17, 13:17
You're gonna have to blow 175 or 185 out of there as hard as you can, 24" just ain't much runway.
Love it! Damn, straight truism, lovely worked to boot!

artoter
09-17-17, 17:36
Great looking rifle OP. Love that stock! ;)