PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Glock slide options?

jpmuscle
08-14-17, 12:37
So, I'm looking to put together gen 3 based 19 utilizing an aftermarket frame. Cost wise it's cheaper just to buy a new gen 3 19 for the slide and components but I'm open to the possibility of a non factory glock alternative if for no other reason than to get one that's actually in spec.

I don't like Gucci glocks and want something simple. Black PVD, DLC coated or whatever, maybe more aggressive side and top serrations, but no RMR cut, fluting, or skeletonizing.

Recommendations on quality barrels would be appreciated too. Something drop-in with a threaded barrel option but with better accuracy potential than factory.

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ggammell
08-14-17, 14:06
I'll through my vote for a KKM barrel. Hey offer extended threaded for just about every Glock. I noted a significant increase in accuracy from the stock version.

No input on slides.

Tequila45
08-14-17, 14:54
I like the looks of the https://www.landersweaponsystems.com/frame war hammer slide. It's not busy or excessive like the agency or salient "Gucci" glocks. can be had with or without RMR cut. Price and turn around isn't bad either. Scroll down to the war hammer slide.

HardToHandle
08-14-17, 15:20
Sprinta Precision - http://www.spintaprecision.com/glock-parts/

No experience with them, but Ihave been thinking about a very simple non OEM side.

I have used a Suarez slide in the past on a G19 G4 for an RMR. That slide was a little louder than I like in the engraving, but otherwise superb in fit and function. No windows or other silliness. Not sure who his manufacturer was.

Wake27
08-14-17, 16:33
I'll through my vote for a KKM barrel. Hey offer extended threaded for just about every Glock. I noted a significant increase in accuracy from the stock version.

No input on slides.

Agreed. I spent a while debating between all of the aftermarket barrels out there but KKM always seems to be the standard against which all others are measured. Reminds me of the G SSA. The only thing I wasn't sure about was their weird thread pitch but when I asked, they told me they used it because it allows their comp as closer fit to the barrel. They do also offer the standard 1/2x28 thread. My next choice would have been one of the simpler Agency offerings than Brownells recently started carrying. I'm not aware of too many aftermarket slides that don't have an RMR cut.

jpmuscle
08-14-17, 20:22
Copy all on KKM.

Fwiw my big reasoning for going with a complete aftermarket slide, as opposed to sending a OEM slide out, is to avoid BTF issues. My current glocks are intermittent with the issue but not enough for me to chase the fix down a rabbit hole.

Wake27
08-14-17, 20:40
Copy all on KKM.

Fwiw my big reasoning for going with a complete aftermarket slide, as opposed to sending a OEM slide out, is to avoid BTF issues. My current glocks are intermittent with the issue but not enough for me to chase the fix down a rabbit hole.

Its not cheap but Unity's ATOM slide does have an optic plate that just uses the standard rear iron dovetail. You'd have the empty forward dovetail to deal with aesthetically, but I read somewhere that their slides have modified ejection port dimensions that Randy Lee from Apex Tactical said would help with the BTF. Not sure if that is true since I only remember seeing it once, but I want to say it was from a decent source.

el_chupo_
08-14-17, 21:44
I have been considering the same thing recently, and toying with the idea of sending my gen 3 slide out for milling, or going to an aftermarket to avoid the hassles of a spare frame that will inevitable grow into another full build...

They are somewhat local to me, but I have been looking at Maple Leaf (http://www.mapleleaffirearms.com/) for the milling. They are not too costly, so paired with an OEM slide I am way below the cost of any of the big name slides. I was eyeballing the Scout cut, with the idea of asking them not to cut all the way through on the side windows. same option with the War Hammer cuts mentioned above, and even if you throw in something like a basic Alpha Wolf slide from Lone Wolf, you are below the base costs for most big name bling slides.

And I know nothing about them other than seeing them the other day, but Midway is carrying a cheap slide, at about $175, with basic front and rear serrations. And it seems really cheap compared to everyone else, but I dont know if that is realistic pricing for a slide (If you are dropping in a $150 barrel and a $80 parts kit, you are close to a $400 slide package), and the others are just charging a premium for the extra profits. Seems like a reasonable cost for a basic slide.

But along your thoughts in the original post - if you can find a police trade in gen 3 22 or 23 for $330-350, and sell the frame off for $75 or $100, that might be the way to go. You know, if you dont mind a conversion barrel and .40 on the slide...

jpmuscle
08-14-17, 22:31
Its not cheap but Unity's ATOM slide does have an optic plate that just uses the standard rear iron dovetail. You'd have the empty forward dovetail to deal with aesthetically, but I read somewhere that their slides have modified ejection port dimensions that Randy Lee from Apex Tactical said would help with the BTF. Not sure if that is true since I only remember seeing it once, but I want to say it was from a decent source.
Interesting. I'll have to look deeper into that.

I have been considering the same thing recently, and toying with the idea of sending my gen 3 slide out for milling, or going to an aftermarket to avoid the hassles of a spare frame that will inevitable grow into another full build...

They are somewhat local to me, but I have been looking at Maple Leaf (http://www.mapleleaffirearms.com/) for the milling. They are not too costly, so paired with an OEM slide I am way below the cost of any of the big name slides. I was eyeballing the Scout cut, with the idea of asking them not to cut all the way through on the side windows. same option with the War Hammer cuts mentioned above, and even if you throw in something like a basic Alpha Wolf slide from Lone Wolf, you are below the base costs for most big name bling slides.

And I know nothing about them other than seeing them the other day, but Midway is carrying a cheap slide, at about $175, with basic front and rear serrations. And it seems really cheap compared to everyone else, but I dont know if that is realistic pricing for a slide (If you are dropping in a $150 barrel and a $80 parts kit, you are close to a $400 slide package), and the others are just charging a premium for the extra profits. Seems like a reasonable cost for a basic slide.

But along your thoughts in the original post - if you can find a police trade in gen 3 22 or 23 for $330-350, and sell the frame off for $75 or $100, that might be the way to go. You know, if you dont mind a conversion barrel and .40 on the slide...

I have both a Polymer 80 G19 and G17 frame ordered (in addition to having a complete gen3 17) so I'm thinking the plan is to go with a non-OEM slide for the 19. I'm going to email a few companies and see what they have to say about the corrected slide geometry. The lone wolf ALPHA seems to be the most cost effective. I'm honestly really torn on doing the whole RMR thing but I think it may be beneficial to pick up a slide already milled for it so if I want to I have the option down the road. I just don't see the benefit of putting $$$ into OEM slide given the potential for issues though.

KE Arms ALPHA, BRAVO, and Charlie models look pretty good and LE pricing through brownells is excellent so they might be contenders.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/slide-parts/slides/charlie-glock-slides-prod97897.aspx?psize=48&avs%7cManufacturer_1=KE%2bARMS%2bLLC

jpmuscle
08-14-17, 22:34
Sprinta Precision - http://www.spintaprecision.com/glock-parts/

No experience with them, but Ihave been thinking about a very simple non OEM side.

I have used a Suarez slide in the past on a G19 G4 for an RMR. That slide was a little louder than I like in the engraving, but otherwise superb in fit and function. No windows or other silliness. Not sure who his manufacturer was.

The Suarez looks pretty good aesthetically and for the price. I'll email them and see if I could order one without the loud logo. Does theirs include a cover plate for the RMR cutout by chance?

ETA: NM I saw that it includes a cover for a small price. If I can get it without a logo it may be a winner.

Wake27
08-14-17, 23:06
I'll have spotty comms for a little bit but I'll be putting a complete gen 4 ATOM slide up for sale in a few weeks. Not sure if generations matter for the slide but if not and you're interested, I can give you some more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA - never mind, looks like gen3 to 4 may not be a good idea. You have me interested in the Polymer80 stuff though, if only they'd release a gen 4.

militarymoron
08-14-17, 23:25
I posted these pics in the Glock thread, but here's my G19 on the polymer80 frame. I kept the slide stock, because while I like some of the machine work done by some companies, I just couldn't justify the expense as it's almost completely cosmetic. I thought about adding front serrations but installing the TangoDown/Vickers slide racker eliminated that need completely. While it was tempting to get a more cool-looking slide, I was concerned about any added machine work affecting a smooth draw stroke or re-holstering, as well as messing with the weight of the slide. It's been 100% reliable so I don't want to potentially mess with that.

No RDS planned for this one; I have an RMR on my G17. I really like shooting this one with irons and the TBRCi comp.

I'm using a Surefire/Zev barrel (got it when the price was lower on BCM), and have been very impressed with it. Most definitely tighter groups than my OEM barrel, and I'm actually shooting it slightly better than the KKM I have in my G17. I bought it after reading this Glock barrel review: https://primaryandsecondary.com/forum/index.php?threads/glock-precision-barrel-test-1-ransom-rest-oem-kkm-s3f-zev-wilson.1727/

http://i.imgur.com/RgXKijJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uEvvwNx.jpg

jpmuscle
08-14-17, 23:40
MM,

Thank for posting. I love everything about that. Honestly I have high hopes for these frames. They offer really everything I've ever wanted out of Glock pistol.

Also, oddly enough this is the first I've seen of the racker lol

el_chupo_
08-14-17, 23:45
The Suarez looks pretty good aesthetically and for the price. I'll email them and see if I could order one without the loud logo. Does theirs include a cover plate for the RMR cutout by chance?

ETA: NM I saw that it includes a cover for a small price. If I can get it without a logo it may be a winner.

Even better than a plate, and saves $35. Only one logo on top, nothing on the sides: https://suarezinternational.com/suarez-v5-si-319-slide-for-gen-3-glock-19-black-melonite/

I posted these pics in the Glock thread, but here's my G19 on the polymer80 frame. I kept the slide stock, because while I like some of the machine work done by some companies, I just couldn't justify the expense as it's almost completely cosmetic. I thought about adding front serrations but installing the TangoDown/Vickers slide racker eliminated that need completely. While it was tempting to get a more cool-looking slide, I was concerned about any added machine work affecting a smooth draw stroke or re-holstering, as well as messing with the weight of the slide. It's been 100% reliable so I don't want to potentially mess with that.

No RDS planned for this one; I have an RMR on my G17. I really like shooting this one with irons and the TBRCi comp.

I'm using a Surefire/Zev barrel (got it when the price was lower on BCM), and have been very impressed with it. Most definitely tighter groups than my OEM barrel, and I'm actually shooting it slightly better than the KKM I have in my G17. I bought it after reading this Glock barrel review: https://primaryandsecondary.com/forum/index.php?threads/glock-precision-barrel-test-1-ransom-rest-oem-kkm-s3f-zev-wilson.1727/

http://i.imgur.com/RgXKijJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uEvvwNx.jpg

That looks awesome. If a gen 4 slide would fit, that would be exactly my option, but my 19 is a gen 4, so it will stay as it is for now. I am considering doing a full build 19 on a P80 frame, that is where my slide looking has come into play, just having a hard time justifying the almost a grand for a fancy slide, bbl, sights, and small parts kit. That Suarez looks pretty good, and simple to boot.

jpmuscle
08-15-17, 00:03
Yea, the amount of coin some folks drop is just crazy. Just no my cup of tea.

I like the idea of a non-OEM slide assuming the geometry is correct but it may just be simpler to get a blue label gen3 19 to start with.

MegademiC
08-15-17, 07:14
So, I'm looking to put together gen 3 based 19 utilizing an aftermarket frame. Cost wise it's cheaper just to buy a new gen 3 19 for the slide and components but I'm open to the possibility of a non factory glock alternative if for no other reason than to get one that's actually in spec.

I don't like Gucci glocks and want something simple. Black PVD, DLC coated or whatever, maybe more aggressive side and top serrations, but no RMR cut, fluting, or skeletonizing.

Recommendations on quality barrels would be appreciated too. Something drop-in with a threaded barrel option but with better accuracy potential than factory.

Thanks!

No comment on slide. Kkm for drop in barrel. They are rediculous (at least it seems so far).

militarymoron
08-15-17, 08:11
MM,
Thank for posting. I love everything about that. Honestly I have high hopes for these frames. They offer really everything I've ever wanted out of Glock pistol.

Also, oddly enough this is the first I've seen of the racker lol

The only drawback to the polymer80 frame is that the trigger guard is wider and outside the envelope of the OEM frame, so it won't fit many Glock holsters that use the trigger guard to retain the pistol. That's a big fail IMHO and they should have designed it to be 100% Glock-holster compatible. It works with all my holsters that use the weapon light to retain the pistol, so I just dedicated my P80 frame for weapon light use. You also have to swap the X300 lock plate from the U plate to the Picatinny one. I just swap back to my OEM frame for use with non light holsters.

Here's the link to the Vickers Tactical slide racker: https://tangodown.com/shop/vickers-tactical-slide-racker-gsr-03/
I don't press check using the front of the slide; I always press check from the rear as I've always found that easier. Try out the slide racker before you purchase a slide with front serrations; you may find out that they're unnecessary and save yourself some money.

jpmuscle
08-15-17, 11:45
The only drawback to the polymer80 frame is that the trigger guard is wider and outside the envelope of the OEM frame, so it won't fit many Glock holsters that use the trigger guard to retain the pistol. That's a big fail IMHO and they should have designed it to be 100% Glock-holster compatible. It works with all my holsters that use the weapon light to retain the pistol, so I just dedicated my P80 frame for weapon light use. You also have to swap the X300 lock plate from the U plate to the Picatinny one. I just swap back to my OEM frame for use with non light holsters.

Here's the link to the Vickers Tactical slide racker: https://tangodown.com/shop/vickers-tactical-slide-racker-gsr-03/
I don't press check using the front of the slide; I always press check from the rear as I've always found that easier. Try out the slide racker before you purchase a slide with front serrations; you may find out that they're unnecessary and save yourself some money.

That's messed up about the frame. My 17s live with a wml on them but I guess for a 100$ frame I can live with modding the trigger guard as needed though I suppose.

Exiledviking
08-16-17, 01:50
Last time I was looking around for Glock slides I saw the Briley was going to be making Glock slides. From what I've read and seen Briley makes quality stuff.

CleverNickname
08-16-17, 17:02

If you don't want to put an optic on your slide, just get one of their 95% slides: https://suarezinternational.com/95-slides-for-glock/

No serrations or logos.

bighawk
08-16-17, 17:25
I recommend looking at Suarez slides, I've got two and they have been absolutely amazing.

jpmuscle
08-16-17, 17:49
I recommend looking at Suarez slides, I've got two and they have been absolutely amazing.Pics man pics lol.

bighawk
08-16-17, 18:18
Pics man pics lol.

Only pic I have of either one but both are setup exactly the same one G19 this is the G17

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/ec3b6e64256bf8c437725e86086e5bce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t15
08-16-17, 18:50
Copy all on KKM.

You are very right to go strainless aftermarket. After countless hours on forums and some experiments with my own Glocks, I was able to track my btf issues to extraction tension caused by out of spec slides. In every case, every extractor functioned perfectly in my stainless slide. Additionally, when increasing tension using different sized spring loaded bearings, the aftermarket slide would fail to return to battery from too much tension. While the OEM slides improved in performance from this mod.

+1 for Suarez slides and barrels. Wait for a sale/newsletter. Cannot recommend their triggers or firing pin however.

jpmuscle
08-16-17, 19:13
You are very right to go strainless aftermarket. After countless hours on forums and some experiments with my own Glocks, I was able to track my btf issues to extraction tension caused by out of spec slides. In every case, every extractor functioned perfectly in my stainless slide. Additionally, when increasing tension using different sized spring loaded bearings, the aftermarket slide would fail to return to battery from too much tension. While the OEM slides improved in performance from this mod.

+1 for Suarez slides and barrels. Wait for a sale/newsletter. Cannot recommend their triggers or firing pin however.Good stuff. Suarez looks to be the most cost effective too when you do the barrel/slide combo.

EzGoingKev
08-16-17, 22:53
Polymer80 sells their own slide that has matching front and rear cocking serrations. They PVD coat it black or FDE.

http://www.polymer80.com/pistolparts/p80-g19-gen3-standard-slide-with-fde-or-black-coating-options

Biggy
08-16-17, 23:44
To each their own, but the Glock can be a money pit to get it the way you want it. And sometimes,
making it less reliable.

jpmuscle
08-17-17, 01:45
To each their own, but the Glock can be a money pit to get it the way you want it. And sometimes,
making it less reliable.No doubt. My growing KAC collection is a picture proof. Talk about a money pit. Hell, in contrast this glock build even if I opt for doing the RMR thing is still less than just a KAC upper lol.

el_chupo_
08-20-17, 21:56
Dont know how new it is, but just saw Brownells is offering a US made 17-4 with black nitride slide for $229, with RMR cut. They say they will have a non RMR slide too, but right now you have RMR cut with front vertical serrations over the top of the slide, or front serrations with a window on top, a la G34/35.

jpmuscle
08-21-17, 02:09
Dont know how new it is, but just saw Brownells is offering a US made 17-4 with black nitride slide for $229, with RMR cut. They say they will have a non RMR slide too, but right now you have RMR cut with front vertical serrations over the top of the slide, or front serrations with a window on top, a la G34/35.Nice find. I hadn't seen that offering. But at that price point it may be worth a look just because. They have blank slides in the white too so that'd work well for a full custom build. I wonder who their sourcing them from.

el_chupo_
08-26-17, 22:47
Nice find. I hadn't seen that offering. But at that price point it may be worth a look just because. They have blank slides in the white too so that'd work well for a full custom build. I wonder who their sourcing them from.

I asked in chat, they would not disclose manufacturer. If it came with a RMR cover I might just go that route, but anything other than Suarez (with that weird bump) is $40-70, and that puts me at the price of the others I am looking at.

I got in my compact P80 frame and had it almost done, waiting on the frame build kit from Midway. Now I have to actually decide on a slide...

I found Shadow Systems/Shadow Gunworks on Aim surplus, and really like the simplicity of their "Carry" and "Enhanced Carry" slides. I am sort of hung up between those and a Suarez. I like the angled cuts, and no model number on the side of the Shadow, but Suarez has a good reputation. Price is a wash, and I dont see myself running a RDS on either of these guns any time soon.

Barrel will probably be something simple, I cant imagine any fancy color looking good on a gray frame and black slide with no cut-outs. Also dont want to wait 30-60 days on a KKM for nitrided barrel. Also not sure if it is 50% better than a SilencerCo barrel.

el_chupo_
09-01-17, 19:23
Brownells just introduced the non RMR version of the slide (at least, I saw it yesterday), but AIM surplus is doing 20% off, so a Shadow Systems Enhanced Carry slide and threaded barrel is on the way to me.

there is a listing on slick guns/gun deals that has a Zev slide at $390 as well.

EzGoingKev
09-01-17, 19:27
Midway has slides from a company called Swenson for $169.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/237417/swenson-slide-glock-19-gen-3-stainless-steel-melonite

I do not know anything about them/that company.

jpmuscle
10-02-17, 00:42
Well, took a little bit to collect the parts but it's done minus the RMR.

Does it look cool? Yes.

Would I do another one with a zev slide? No. Reason being the serrations are not as sharp as I would prefer and in all honesty are they really needed? Nah, probably not. This project was more for T&E purposes running an RMR to see if I want to invest in milling a couple factory blocks to run them. Time well.

Also, sucky part is with this slide it's hit or miss with my ALS holsters.

Poly 80 frame took some work to make happen. Had some pretty substantial clearance issues with the factory locking block / slide fitment. But after working with a needle file and some dremel polishing it came together. Same with the ameriglo sights. Needle file took care of it too. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171002/ec414d4e11fafab638709cdf3d86973a.jpg

EzGoingKev
10-02-17, 06:51
Poly 80 frame took some work to make happen. Had some pretty substantial clearance issues with the factory locking block / slide fitment. But after working with a needle file and some dremel polishing it came together. Same with the ameriglo sights.
I have always put some grease on my Ameriglo rear and they go right it. It looks like you used a brass punch. I use a sight pusher tool.

militarymoron
10-02-17, 11:24
I built a polymer80 compact frame with the Brownells slide (window, no RMR cut) for a friend yesterday. A couple of things - as I found out from my own polymer80 frame, the trigger guard is wider than the OEM G19 frame and will not allow it to fit any of my holsters that retain the pistol via the trigger guard. I use my X300-compatible holsters that retain off the light itself.

The brownells slide is the same width as the OEM slide, but not as rounded off on top. The cuts are angular and more shallow than the OEM radius, so the corners stick out more. It wouldn't fit into my kydex holsters or ones like the g-code. However, I had an old Serpa holster sitting around for a G20/21, which is wider than a G19/17. I tried it and it fit the pistol with the wider polymer80 frame AND the brownells slide like a glove. So, for those of you looking for non-light holsters that fit the polymer80 frame, you might try fit-checking it in a G20/21 holster. I'd be interested to see if it works with other non-serpa holsters.

nimdabew
02-21-18, 19:28
Bump. Glock 17 length slides purpose built for Glock 19 frames. RMR cuts available. I don't own a Glock, but this piqued my interest.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/slide-parts/slides/extended-slide-for-gen3-glock-19-nitride-prod115607.aspx

Splash piece for the slides where I first saw the product.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/02/21/brownells-glock-17-length-slides-for-glock-19-pistols/amp/

WickedWillis
02-22-18, 12:18
Bump. Glock 17 length slides purpose built for Glock 19 frames. RMR cuts available. I don't own a Glock, but this piqued my interest.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/slide-parts/slides/extended-slide-for-gen3-glock-19-nitride-prod115607.aspx

Splash piece for the slides where I first saw the product.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/02/21/brownells-glock-17-length-slides-for-glock-19-pistols/amp/

Very smart move by Brownells imo. I feel like having more of these custom 19L's start popping up and selling well, it makes Glock release a factory version lol

militarymoron
02-22-18, 12:25
Very smart move by Brownells imo. I feel like having more of these custom 19L's start popping up and selling well, it makes Glock release a factory version lol

It's like a mini G34, lol. This configuration makes more sense to me than the 19X.

Sam
02-22-18, 15:46
I built a polymer80 compact frame with the Brownells slide (window, no RMR cut) for a friend yesterday. A couple of things - as I found out from my own polymer80 frame, the trigger guard is wider than the OEM G19 frame and will not allow it to fit any of my holsters that retain the pistol via the trigger guard. I use my X300-compatible holsters that retain off the light itself.

The brownells slide is the same width as the OEM slide, but not as rounded off on top. The cuts are angular and more shallow than the OEM radius, so the corners stick out more. It wouldn't fit into my kydex holsters or ones like the g-code. However, I had an old Serpa holster sitting around for a G20/21, which is wider than a G19/17. I tried it and it fit the pistol with the wider polymer80 frame AND the brownells slide like a glove. So, for those of you looking for non-light holsters that fit the polymer80 frame, you might try fit-checking it in a G20/21 holster. I'd be interested to see if it works with other non-serpa holsters.

Hey brother, how long did it take you to build the gun? Did you use a press to mill off the extra plastic or did you use some other hand held tool, like a Dremel?

militarymoron
02-22-18, 15:55
Hey brother, how long did it take you to build the gun? Did you use a press to mill off the extra plastic or did you use some other hand held tool, like a Dremel?

I didn't use a press or the milling bit that comes with the kit. I used a small coping saw to cut off the majority of the plastic (rails), then a file. For the center portion (recoil spring channel) I used a dremel with sanding bit. The first time it took me about two hours from start to finish. The 2nd time it took me a little over two hours to finish two frames as I already had my process down. I did use the two drill bits in the kit for the holes.

1911-A1
02-22-18, 17:55
It's like a mini G34, lol. This configuration makes more sense to me than the 19X.

I still think they might be pulling a G42/G43 maneuver on us. They release the opposite of what people want, and then when sales cool down, they release the real product and double their sales. Maybe I just want to believe a G19L is on the horizon...

Sam
02-22-18, 17:57
I didn't use a press or the milling bit that comes with the kit. I used a small coping saw to cut off the majority of the plastic (rails), then a file. For the center portion (recoil spring channel) I used a dremel with sanding bit. The first time it took me about two hours from start to finish. The 2nd time it took me a little over two hours to finish two frames as I already had my process down. I did use the two drill bits in the kit for the holes.

Thank you my friend. :)

militarymoron
02-22-18, 18:37
Thank you my friend. :)

Anytime, sir! :)

nimdabew
02-22-18, 21:27

Being 100% honest, I am not a glock guy, but I would go find a Gen 5 19 just to build this with an RMR since cutting an original slide would be about 200ish anyways. It would pair nicely with my glock mag SBR.