PDA

View Full Version : Reliable G43 aftermarket parts?

Vegas
08-15-17, 14:39
Hey all,

I have the factory extended slide release/stop on a G19 and was considering one for the 43. So it got me thinking about two questions; is the Vickers part the only decent option for extended slide release and what are other reliable aftermarket parts out there that people are using?

I'm not really looking for other parts but you don't know what you don't know!

Thanks.

RHINOWSO
08-16-17, 07:33
I use the Vickers release, ETS magazines and Pearce magazine baseplates & grip plug (as well as Ameriglo Night sights).

All work really well.

EzGoingKev
08-16-17, 12:49
In my 43 I run a Vickers slide release. I also swapped out the firing pin safety spring with the ones I have for my G19. It softened the trigger pull up a bit.

I tried the Vickers mag release but I liked the factory one better so I took it out.

On the mags I have Taran Tacticals +1 base plate.

ETA - I have a TLR6 light on mine too.

Big A
08-16-17, 12:59
I'm curious if anybody knows the dimensions of the Taran +2 compared to the dimensions of the Vickers and Pearce extension? I've looked at all the respective websites and can't find the specs.

bighawk
08-16-17, 14:47
I'm curious if anybody knows the dimensions of the Taran +2 compared to the dimensions of the Vickers and Pearce extension? I've looked at all the respective websites and can't find the specs.

I own and use both the Taran +2 and the Vickers and much prefer the Taran plates as I cannot get 8 rounds into the Vickers equipped mags.

I can't provide you with exact measurements however they are similar in size but the Taran extensions feel much better in my hand.

bighawk
08-16-17, 15:02
My G43 has the following accessories and all have been running reliably through regular range sessions since installed in May:

-Overwatch precision trigger/bar
-Ghost Edge connector
-Vickers slide stop and mag release
-Streamlight TLR6
-Vickers +2 basepads
-TTI +2 basepads
-Ameriglo night sights
-Bawidamann Gotham G43/TLR6 holster

Vegas
08-16-17, 16:58
My G43 has the following accessories and all have been running reliably through regular range sessions since installed in May:

-Ghost Edge connector

I'm always leery of changing factory trigger parts on a carry gun. How do these change the feel of the gun?

Forget to mention I use the Vickers +2 plates and have had no issues with them, including getting 8 rounds loaded.

bighawk
08-16-17, 17:22
I'm always leery of changing factory trigger parts on a carry gun. How do these change the feel of the gun?

Forget to mention I use the Vickers +2 plates and have had no issues with them, including getting 8 rounds loaded.

The trigger pull was terrible so I used the same parts on the 43 as my daily carry 19 and it shortened, lightened and smoothed out the pull while still retaining a drop safe gun. I'm not concerned about changing out trigger parts on a carry gun (as long as they are designed for carry/duty) with known quality parts as long as the drop safety is retained.

WickedWillis
08-16-17, 17:37

-Ghost Edge connector
-Vickers slide stop and mag release
-Streamlight TLR6
-Vickers +2 basepads
-TTI +2 basepads
-Ameriglo night sights
-Bawidamann Gotham G43/TLR6 holster

Not trying to sway The chat, but how have you enjoyed the TLR6? I have been thinking of grabbing one for a G43

EzGoingKev
08-16-17, 17:48
Glock changed the connector on pistol shipped in Feb 2016 IIRC.

I had the old connector in mine and the trigger pull was too heavy IMO. I swapped it out for the updated part. It has a "-" on it. From what I have read it is better/equal to the aftermarket offerings.

bighawk
08-16-17, 18:08
Not trying to sway he chat, but how have you enjoyed the TLR6? I have been thinking of grabbing one for a G43

The TLR6 is only 100 lumens but its way better than nothing. Switching is easy to turn on/off and is small and light weight.

I carry one of my surefire pocket lights whenever I'm out and about anyways so if I need more light I have it on hand.

Big A
08-16-17, 18:46
Not trying to sway The chat, but how have you enjoyed the TLR6? I have been thinking of grabbing one for a G43I have the TLR-6 on my G26 and my S&W Shield and love it. I will be getting one for my G43. I did a thread about them in the lights/lasers/knives sub forum if you want to search for it.

I say you can't beat it. For $100 you get a light & laser combo for a small carry gun that takes up a space that has to already been accounted for in your holster. My two have done great with no problems. I think it is definitely worth it for a pistol that you may have to defend your use of in a court of law.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

WickedWillis
08-16-17, 18:52
The TLR6 is only 100 lumens but its way better than nothing. Switching is easy to turn on/off and is small and light weight.

I carry one of my surefire pocket lights whenever I'm out and about anyways so if I need more light I have it on hand.

I will be carrying an extra light when I carry it as well like I do with my G19 and XC1. Thank you

I have the TLR-6 on my G26 and my S&W Shield and love it. I will be getting one for my G43. I did a thread about them in the lights/lasers/knives sub forum if you want to search for it.

I say you can't beat it. For $100 you get a light & laser combo for a small carry gun that takes up a space that has to already been accounted for in your holster. My two have done great with no problems. I think it is definitely worth it for a pistol that you may have to defend your use of in a court of law.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I will check out your thread for sure. Thank you for the info!

Vegas
08-16-17, 19:18
The trigger pull was terrible so I used the same parts on the 43 as my daily carry 19 and it shortened, lightened and smoothed out the pull while still retaining a drop safe gun. I'm not concerned about changing out trigger parts on a carry gun (as long as they are designed for carry/duty) with known quality parts as long as the drop safety is retained.Thanks, I may give them a try. I have a couple of options to carry so I could install and run a few hundred to feel comfortable.
Glock changed the connector on pistol shipped in Feb 2016 IIRC.

I had the old connector in mine and the trigger pull was too heavy IMO. I swapped it out for the updated part. It has a "-" on it. From what I have read it is better/equal to the aftermarket offerings.I completely forgot about this I need to check mine. I'm blanking on when I bought it but it was fairly early on.

bighawk
08-16-17, 20:15
Thanks, I may give them a try. I have a couple of options to carry so I could install and run a few hundred to feel comfortable. I completely forgot about this I need to check mine. I'm blanking on when I bought it but it was fairly early on.

I have 3 Overwatch triggers and they are well worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.c
08-17-17, 16:22
Using the following, relatively new G43 owner, apparently a lot in common with bighawk’s setup:

-Ghost Edge connector
-Vickers slide stop
-Streamlight TLR6
-Vickers +2 basepads
-Ameriglo night sights (Defoors)
-Bawidamann Gotham G43/TLR6 holster and mag carrier

I have five mags setup with the Vickers +2. Two of them will not reliably hold 8 rounds, so they are now used for just training purposes. I’m considering Taran Tacticals for the future. Very happy with everything else.

bighawk
08-17-17, 16:31
Using the following, relatively new G43 owner, apparently a lot in common with bighawk’s setup:

-Ghost Edge connector
-Vickers slide stop
-Streamlight TLR6
-Vickers +2 basepads
-Ameriglo night sights (Defoors)
-Bawidamann Gotham G43/TLR6 holster and mag carrier

I have five mags setup with the Vickers +2. Two of them will not reliably hold 8 rounds, so they are now used for just training purposes. I’m considering Taran Tacticals for the future. Very happy with everything else.

While the TTI base pads are expensive I have them for several different guns and they all work perfect so I feel comfortable recommending them to anyone in the market for mag extensions.

Ned Christiansen
08-17-17, 17:44
What I don't get is how is it that no one yet has come out with something more than plus-2's, like howzabout a 14 round mag for reloads?

The accessory I'm waiting for-- no teasing now-- the Comonolli thumb safety for the G43. I think they are having trouble fitting it to the smaller package.

EzGoingKev
08-17-17, 17:56
What I don't get is how is it that no one yet has come out with something more than plus-2's, like howzabout a 14 round mag for reloads?

The company that makes the clear magazines has some high cap ones I believe.

WickedWillis
08-17-17, 18:14
The company that makes the clear magazines has some high cap ones I believe.

ETS makes a 12-rd G43 Mag

https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Glock-43-9mm-12-round-mag-p/glk-43-12.htm

tonyxcom
08-19-17, 00:03
And TTI makes a +3.

TTI's G43 connector is also still lighter than the - connector.

Bogart
10-13-17, 16:34
Sorry for the necro post, but I figured I would ask here instead of start a whole new thread. Has anyone used the Apex flat trigger in their 43? Apex says that it will work, which I dont doubt but I was just seeing if anyone here has used it in their 43. I’d like to put one in mine so that the feel is the same (or at least close) between my 19 and 43.

Oh, and my parts list:
-Talo (Ameriglo) sights
-Ghost Edge connector
-TD/Vickers mag release
-Pearce grip plug
-Galloway Precision rubber grip overlay
-Double Undercut job on trigger guard
-Factory mags, some with factory pinky extensions and some with Vickers +2 (flawless so far, for me)

3ACR_Scout
10-13-17, 22:33
While I really like the Vickers extended slide stop on other Glocks, I found that the G43 version didn't work for me. The smaller grip caused my right thumb to rest on the lever, and I would inadvertently push it up and cause the slide to lock back prematurely (in the middle of a magazine). I switched back to the factory part and haven't had any issues since. I like the Vickers mag release, and I use Pearce +1 and Vickers +2 mag extensions, although I've found the extensions to be slightly finicky with some JHPs.

I also replaced the serated trigger with a factory smooth trigger by swapping out the trigger shoe and then using JB Weld to fill the hole I made by punching out the pin:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/6AidQdym9k7QshDRH7DvF19xS4BPvKQXc5MKW-chhZSzDtSpQSasPeYcB81VTOjAzw8uxCitEsvRK1OvfQ=w1024-h768

I really like the TLR-6. I was concerned about it only being 100 lumens but found that it is sufficient for inside the house or out in the yard. It's not a TLR-1 HL, of course, but it's a great little light for a small carry pistol.

Bogart
11-17-17, 11:46
Received and installed the APEX trigger shoe yesterday. Plan to shoot it this weekend. Function checked it and it appears to be working properly. The APEX shoe in conjuction with the Ghost Edge Connector feels like a winning combo so far; probably better than the full APEX AEK that I’ve got in a 19.

And planning on a TLR-6 soon as well, based on the good things I’ve seen and read on here.

mkmckinley
11-19-17, 07:45
Look into the Crimson Trace Laserguard Pro with white light, much better activation switch than the TLR

Not trying to sway The chat, but how have you enjoyed the TLR6? I have been thinking of grabbing one for a G43