PDA

View Full Version : The story behind the stripped Colt Mexico marked lowers

ralfabco
08-15-17, 19:12
Anybody know the details of the stripped Colt Mexico marked lowers

renov8
08-15-17, 21:32
Ask the fan boys over on the other AR15 forum...they are all going bonkers over all of the lowers AU is selling. I guess its a great op if you are into building clone rifles.

It appears Colt lost out on the deal when a Spanish/Swiss company was awarded the agreement for arms...I believe it was Astra. I believe these lowers were result of the lost contract. Once they were marked with the Mexican Govt rollmark, they are pretty much useless to anyone else.

Kdubya
08-15-17, 22:11
There was just a thread (sort of) on these Mexican marked colts. I say sort of because it was centered around complete 6920 carbines with the Mexican markings (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?198240-Colt-LE6920-with-Mexican-Defense-markings-on-Gunbroker). Still, I'm guessing the story behind them is still the same. The hotlink I embedded will give you 15 pages of reading material.

Ask the fan boys over on the other AR15 forum...they are all going bonkers over all of the lowers AU is selling. I guess its a great op if you are into building clone rifles.

It appears Colt lost out on the deal when a Spanish/Swiss company was awarded the agreement for arms...I believe it was Astra. I believe these lowers were result of the lost contract. Once they were marked with the Mexican Govt rollmark, they are pretty much useless to anyone else.

I find this ^^^ to be pretty funny. If the true colt fanboys are on another forum I certainly don't want to go there. The pony pride here is strong enough :)

Now, I didn't read much of the thread I linked above. So I didn't know that (if true) these popped up as a result of a lost deal. First the US contract, now Mexico, and a soft civilian market. Seems like Hartford could use a win.

Iraqgunz
08-15-17, 23:35
It's pretty simple. Buy said guns, strip them down and part them out. Nothing new here at all.

Buckaroo
08-16-17, 00:30
It's pretty simple. Buy said guns, strip them down and part them out. Nothing new here at all.

This is my first assumption

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

MistWolf
08-16-17, 01:37

This seems to be a common theme. Folks are buying Colts, breaking them down and selling off the parts piecemeal

renov8
08-16-17, 05:21
There is fandom, and then there is blind fandom...one is reasonable and the other is just hype...at least that is the way I see it. Gun forums don't help the issue, only make it more hysterical to read.

Stickman
08-16-17, 15:55

During the AWB, I used to call those companies scabs.

Not sure if Grant will get a chance to check this thread, but for some reason I had thought Colt wouldn't allow dealers to part out the weapons. Obviously that doesn't stop the dealers who open an account under a different name, or the guys that do it as individuals.