PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat is now doing custom Glock work

TacticalMark
08-15-17, 23:08
Looks like Wilson Combat is now getting into the Glock game. Will be interesting to see some with the sunburst stippling. https://www.wilsoncombat.com/glock-custom-work/#customize

glocktogo
08-16-17, 08:37
Jumping the shark. :(

Nowski87
08-16-17, 09:12
Hey good on them for branching out that's something I always like to see. But I don't see the value there. I priced out what it was going to cost me for the work I would want done on my 19.

It is going to cost me 360.00 to send the frame to Zev and the slide to DP Custom, Wilson is pushing 450.00 and I get less done to the gun. Do like that they only charge to install the Vickers sights if you choose those.

But this just doesn't blow my hair back. I like that there is another quality option out there for people, but there are a lot of companies that can do what they are doing for a bit less and a lot less if you know where to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one
08-16-17, 09:27
All I'm interested in are having the forward slide cuts done. If I can get my remaining guns done I'll be happy.

themonk
08-16-17, 10:16
Stippling is cool. No RMR cut is a deal breaker for me but I would assume I am not their primary audience.

TomMontana
08-17-17, 07:31
The starburst looks great on a 1911. Looks odd on a Glock.

everready73
08-17-17, 07:56
On facebook they said the RMR cuts are coming. Along with a few other things

feesix
08-17-17, 10:27
i dig the stippling but i can never bring myself to send it to have it done.

officerX
08-17-17, 10:32
Nah, I'm good.

Nowski87
08-17-17, 10:47
Why is the rmr cut something that is coming. That should have been there, that's the number one reason guys send their slides out to get cut. I throw this in the category of the Springfield Saint. As in "why is this here and who asked for it?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigten109
08-18-17, 00:47
I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I like my glocks to look...well glocky. Blocky, matte carbon/black. Something utilitarian and sexy about it. Maybe with some functional changes like tapering the front of the slide, or a RDS cut. Biggest change, if you need it, is probably a trigger upgrade. I personally don't like front cocking serrations, press check or not, as its too close to the business end for my comfort IMO

CDR_Glock
08-18-17, 06:20
I think it's overpriced. But, to each his own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hayseed
08-18-17, 06:26
Stippling looks to be laser cut, which in my experience is not always as grippy.

TomMontana
08-18-17, 19:23
Stippling looks to be laser cut, which in my experience is not always as grippy.

Would be funny to put talon grips on top of the stippling.

Zjhagens
08-18-17, 21:33
While I fully support anyone's right to spend their money they please, there's no way I'd spend that kind of month to have all that done to my Glocks. They're a utility gun. If I wanted to spend that kind of money for a pretty gun I'd buy an actual Wilson.