PDA

View Full Version : New guy with a bushy

bnkrtstk
10-05-08, 07:48
After years of ogling evil black rifles I finally bought one, yes it was pre-eletion motivated but whatever it takes right?

It's just a plain XM-15 with collapsible stock and carry handle for now.
Now I need to find a place near me to shoot it.

WallaS
10-05-08, 09:41
Congratulations!

You might want to read this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7376 and check the things in it on your rifle.

I have owned 3 BM and never had any issues with them, but I do love my Colt SP1 the best as it was the first AR I bought.

I would definitely get all the hi-cap mags you want before the election as well.

ZDL
10-05-08, 09:57
Congratulations!

You might want to read this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7376 and check the things in it on your rifle.

I have owned 3 BM and never had any issues with them, but I do love my Colt SP1 the best as it was the first AR I bought.

I would definitely get all the hi-cap mags you want before the election as well.

Are we going to see a price drop on shooting goods in general if McCain wins?

Low Drag
10-05-08, 10:05
deleted

Low Drag
10-05-08, 10:06
Are we going to see a price drop on shooting goods in general if McCain wins?

Ammo will stay high. Copper, lead and tin have all gone up in price over the past couple years. This is due to increased demand world wide. The same stuff used in the production of ammo is also used in printed circuit boards and electronics.

But hey, if you've got the cash buy a gun! It'll help the economy and tick of the libs.

bushy
10-05-08, 13:18
Congrats on buying the Bushamster. I have owned 3 and have had no problems with mine. They are pretty much interchangable with any accessories any other maufacturer makes for their M4. I bought the carry handle model and opted to take it off and go with a flat top receiver and put an Aimpoint Comp M2 on it and an A.R.M.S. BUIS (Back up iron sight). I agree on stocking up on all the high cap mags you can get your hands on and try to find some ammo deals but it is getting up there or find a buddy to go in with you on larger lots of ammo.

bnkrtstk
10-05-08, 13:33
I picked up (2) magpul pmags, and am waiting on (5) more GI 30 rounders for a total of (8) including the one that came with it. I had a 20 rounder in my gun bag that I found in a vehicle I bought.

I have fired a few others, but truth be told price drove me to the Bushmaster. I found a few cheaper but the felt cheesy.

I picked up 300 rounds and plan on another 300-500 in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the welcome.