PDA

View Full Version : Deleted

davidjinks
08-17-17, 22:29
Deleted

AKDoug
08-18-17, 01:23
To each their own. I can't imagine carrying a pistol that size and weight for my lifestyle. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My Gen4 G19 has been flawless for 5K rounds so far and it's far more accurate than my Gen3 G19 it replaced.

Nightstalker865
08-18-17, 04:16
Beretta's are just workhorses. Congrats on the 92A1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDR_Glock
08-18-17, 06:18
I had the 92 FS Inox, twice. I didn't care for the sights but now I see the option for Tritium has enticed me.

Great catch.

It wouldn't be my choice for a carry, as I'm primarily a Glock and revolver man, but as a range gun, I'm intrigued.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

VARIABLE9
08-18-17, 08:41
That was like reading a Penthouse Forum letter.

I922sParkCir
08-18-17, 13:54
To each their own. I can't imagine carrying a pistol that size and weight for my lifestyle.

I feel you, but a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster carries a full size 92 surprisingly well.

davidjinks
08-18-17, 17:54
Deleted

davidjinks
08-18-17, 17:56
Funny, I was naked when I typed that.

rauchman
08-18-17, 18:00

Awesome, and....... agree. Love the 92 series. I'm in NJ, so there is a "process" to go through to get permits. Have some in "process" right now, and an M9A1 is going to be purchased.

ETA: My wife has a 1994 92FS with all steel parts that was purchased at the onset of the Crime Bill in '94. D spring, Elite hammer and aluminum grips transform this pistol. The trigger is very smooth, and I like it better in DA than SA. Can't say that about any other DA/SA pistol. It's got a few thousand rounds on it, and it may be my fav' pistol, across a range of Glocks, Sigs, Walthers, HK's and others. I picked up a Vertec Inox a couple of years ago. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the grip, but it's a nice shooting pistol as well. With the M9A1, I'm going to use the Vertec slide on the M9A1 frame for what I consider to be for me, the perfect 92.

Agree, the 92 combines accuracy, easy handling, a graceful shape that aids in concealment and great ergos (for me). I'm glad to see a resurgence in the pistol.

Feline
08-22-17, 20:42
Langdon just came out with a M9 Langdon Special. It's a sweet gun, but I'll take the M9a3 over it.

Spin Drift
08-22-17, 20:55
Op, sounds like a long and winding road. But, now you really know what is out there, hands-on experience. Shit's priceless, and didn't come cheaply.

Sold my Italian made Inox, it's either going to be a Wilson or, this from Grant: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=JS92M9A3GM&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26searchstart%3D9%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DBERE

VARIABLE9
08-23-17, 16:28
Funny, I was naked when I typed that.
Good to know.

Pilot1
08-23-17, 18:23
They are excellent, very reliable, and easy to shoot. I have a 92FS, 85FS, and 87BB. They all are accurate, and reliable. I do prefer my CZ's, but not my that much. The Berettas get shot a lot, and I sometimes carry the 85FS. The Berettas are a solid choice.

davidjinks
08-23-17, 20:10
Deleted

S500yards
08-24-17, 09:05
Lots of love here as well for the 92. I think if I carried openly mine would come with me more often. Couldn't quite swing IWB unfortunately, though i really wish I could. Really a sweet shooter

ramairthree
08-24-17, 14:00
Classic, solid full sized service pistol.

Even the compact is not all that compact though.

davidjinks
08-24-17, 17:56
Deleted

ramairthree
08-25-17, 05:29
Yes.
I love the 92.
When it was issued to my Ranger Bn I was a 60 gunner and was slotted a sidearm.
It came at a time when white SOF had beat up old rattling 45s, with crappy magazines, water sponge leather flap holsters, and a propensity to rust.

The AMU came and gave a two week M9 MTT.
Our shiny new sexy pistols with huge capacity magazines were accurate and reliable. We for new holsters. Sure, we all bitched about NATO and 9mm. But Mel Gibson and Bruce Willis were rocking them in cool movies, LE was on them like a fat kid on cake, and it was sweet.

Now, frankly, it is a dead platform.
Not that the full sized, Centurion, and Compact are not capable full sized service pistols.
But the fixed sight and XXL trigger guard are dated.
The mag release and XXL trigger guard do not allow for a true compact or subcompact frame.
The design was not successfully able to function with a true compact or subcompact barrel length/slide.
The trigger pull in stock form is pretty robust.
As was the grip.

While some issues have been addressed, such as a rail, dovetail front sight, reliable but improved spring combinations, scalloped rear radius or vertec or thinner panels or short reach trigger for grip size, etc. The fact remains that you cannot have a full range of long slide, service, compact, and subcompact guns with magazine compatibility,
Like you can with virtually every other platform.

Glock, 6906/5906, and CZ are examples of older platforms that are capable of this,
While there is also a plethora of newer Springfield, M&P, etc. Options that are also.

Fordtough25
08-25-17, 12:50
While I carry a Glock 90% of the time I do enjoy the crap our of my 92! It's easy to shoot well, fits my hands great, its smooth, good mags, just a good all around pistol. But for me it's like my 1911, super fun to shoot/enjoy but rarely carried.

1986s4
08-26-17, 11:52
Yes.
I love the 92.
When it was issued to my Ranger Bn I was a 60 gunner and was slotted a sidearm.
It came at a time when white SOF had beat up old rattling 45s, with crappy magazines, water sponge leather flap holsters, and a propensity to rust.

The AMU came and gave a two week M9 MTT.
Our shiny new sexy pistols with huge capacity magazines were accurate and reliable. We for new holsters. Sure, we all bitched about NATO and 9mm. But Mel Gibson and Bruce Willis were rocking them in cool movies, LE was on them like a fat kid on cake, and it was sweet.

Now, frankly, it is a dead platform.
Not that the full sized, Centurion, and Compact are not capable full sized service pistols.
But the fixed sight and XXL trigger guard are dated.
The mag release and XXL trigger guard do not allow for a true compact or subcompact frame.
The design was not successfully able to function with a true compact or subcompact barrel length/slide.
The trigger pull in stock form is pretty robust.
As was the grip.

While some issues have been addressed, such as a rail, dovetail front sight, reliable but improved spring combinations, scalloped rear radius or vertec or thinner panels or short reach trigger for grip size, etc. The fact remains that you cannot have a full range of long slide, service, compact, and subcompact guns with magazine compatibility,
Like you can with virtually every other platform.

Glock, 6906/5906, and CZ are examples of older platforms that are capable of this,
While there is also a plethora of newer Springfield, M&P, etc. Options that are also.

I do like the large trigger guard but you are right of course about the downside, never thought of that...

CWM11B
08-26-17, 21:10
Op, sounds like a long and winding road. But, now you really know what is out there, hands-on experience. Shit's priceless, and didn't come cheaply.

Sold my Italian made Inox, it's either going to be a Wilson or, this from Grant: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=JS92M9A3GM&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26searchstart%3D9%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DBERE

I have both. If it is a choice of one, I would go with the Wilson.