PDA

View Full Version : Review: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

WillBrink
08-21-17, 09:07
Yet another King Arthur movie cuz we needed yet another and Hollywood can't find another legend or topic. Director Guy Ritchie is obviously a fan of the Lord Of The Rings series as the movie opens with huge war elephants attacking the castle and a tall tower with a flame on the top is the symbol and center of the evil that. Visually it feels like LOTR and I expected to see Samwise Gamgee show up. Having said that, it's a unique take on the King Arthur legend, some great CGI, fun dialogue, cool battle scenes, and generally mindless good fun all around, albeit a tad long. Unlike LOTR, you will not be thinking about this movie a few weeks later... B-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIM4-HLtUM0

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-21-17, 10:13
Good actors, Good director, solid material. I was hoping for more. I'll wait for it to come on NEtflix

WillBrink
08-21-17, 10:25
Good actors, Good director, solid material. I was hoping for more. I'll wait for it to come on NEtflix

My take is anything at C+/B- rating worth a rental. It's a fun rental to kill a few hours but will not be on your best movies of the year list no.