PDA

View Full Version : Glock "Marksman" Barrels

Straight Shooter
08-23-17, 23:05
Can someone explain the differences between a standard Glock barrel and the new Marksman Barrels in the Gen 5?

TAZ
08-24-17, 09:41
From what I've read the standard are polygonally rifled while the new "Marksman" are standard land-groove rifling. Not sure why they are calling it "Marksman" as that tends to imply more accuracy. Maybe they are better barrels, but we won't know till folks get their hands on them and wring them out.

Defaultmp3
08-24-17, 09:57
Allegedly, the Gen5 barrels have a target crown, while the M series barrels do not.

El Cid
08-24-17, 10:04
The folks I know with Glock 19M's and 17M's have noticed an improvement in accuracy with the new barrels. From the flyer I saw posted the Gen 5 looks to be the M series with different slide markings.

mayonaise
08-27-17, 15:03
From what I've read the standard are polygonally rifled while the new "Marksman" are standard land-groove rifling. Not sure why they are calling it "Marksman" as that tends to imply more accuracy. Maybe they are better barrels, but we won't know till folks get their hands on them and wring them out.

They are still polygonal barrels. Just improved accuracy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmoore
08-27-17, 17:57
Gen 5 are cut, at least everything I've read or seen so far says so. Will know for sure when someone gets one to examine.
Several PDs have been running factory cut barrels for a while, purportedly to improve ID by the CSU types. Improved accuracy is an added side benefit. I know when I comepare Glock bullets on the comparison scope, it's a real bi*** to run a rifling comparison with the poly barrels.

John