PDA

View Full Version : Surefire x300u VS inforce apl glock

BigTex2000
08-25-17, 15:43
So I see everyone and their mom has a light on their pistol now and most of them have the surefire x300u. I see that a seemingly smaller group prefers the inforce apl glock (sometimes the compact version) and says that it has better ergonomics.

Between the two, which one do you prefer and why?

voiceofreason
08-25-17, 16:20
some people like the basic Streamlight TLR1 based on cost

boombotz401
08-25-17, 16:43
I prefer the buttons on the inforce...however I use an x300 for reliability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

militarymoron
08-25-17, 17:17
I also prefer the paddles on the INFORCE, but I also use the X300 as I already have holsters for it.
Try shooting an X300-equipped pistol with one hand, and an APL.

MegademiC
08-25-17, 20:26
It wasn't mentioned, but the tlr1 has been durable and easy to use for me. If I was a police officer, I may go for the hl version(or the surefire), but the regular is more than enough light for inside the home (or out to 50 yds, haven't tried more).

Good light, especially considering the price point. I have not used the other choices.

graffex
08-26-17, 08:48
It wasn't mentioned, but the tlr1 has been durable and easy to use for me. If I was a police officer, I may go for the hl version(or the surefire), but the regular is more than enough light for inside the home (or out to 50 yds, haven't tried more).

Good light, especially considering the price point. I have not used the other choices.

HL version is what I prefer and run.

big_pErm
09-01-17, 06:39
I know the x300 is supposed to be uber reliable but it sticks out way too far. 95% will never abuse the pistol to worry about reliability issues with the streamlight or inforce. Save the cash and buy mags, ammo, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nick84
09-01-17, 07:59
+1 for the streamlight TLR-1. I found it on sale, and got a great buy on light that has shown no signs of failure in the several years I've had it. That being said, I only keep a light on my nightstand gun, so no carry and not much abuse.

whatthepuck
09-01-17, 10:48
For everyman (i.e.-non battlefield conditions) uses, the savings you get by going with the apl over x300 is a no-brainer. For what it's worth, I think the actuation paddles on the apl are best in class. A trl1 won't let you down either.

MisterHelix
09-01-17, 10:56
The Surefire X300U-A is my choice. Buy once, cry once, I figure.

Yeah, they are expensive. But in the great scheme of things...not that big of a deal.

Vegasshooter
09-07-17, 15:04
I may look at lights a bit differently than some. As a LEO, and a full time trainer, I've had 15 + years of time with gun lights. Also, seen what does and doesn't work. When I've used/needed my light, my Surefire has NEVER not come on, or failed. Not once. I've had low batteries that made it dimmer, but it has worked every time. I'm not discounting that other lights may work, I believe the Streamlight is a decent light. For me, everytime: Surefire. Currently running 3 different X300U-B. I really like the screw option on the B series. Absolutely no play, never shoots loose.

09-07-17, 19:46
I've had the screw on my X300U-B shear off in the middle of a 1911 transition class at work. The light fell off during a course of fire. Finished the class without it and promptly called Surefire when I got home. Rep said he's dealt with one or two. They sent me replacement hardware and I was good to go after. And if you're wondering, I did not over torque the screw.

Nowski87
09-07-17, 19:58
I'm no operator or a face shooter by any means but I do keep a light on my gun all the time. Honestly you just have to try them out if you can and see what works for you. I like Surefires but the actuation method doesn't work for my short thumbs so I use a streamlight also having 800 lumens is nice too. The down side is that it is on the big side and heavy compared to the Inforce.

I'm going to give the Inforce a shot when I can to lighten my load a bit. I just wish it was brighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk