PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Sionics "Enhanced Trigger"?

^Rb
08-28-17, 12:10
Hey guys -

Not much feedback on these, so figured I'd ask here: anybody have experience with this unit?

https://www.westernsport.com/product/sionics-enhanced-trigger/

Little background: I have ALG ACT's in 3 of my guns, the Palmetto Nickel-Boron trigger in another, and they've all been pretty good to me. I recently had a nightmarish experience with the Velocity 3.5# drop-in unit, so would like another single stage trigger to replace it and came across the Sionics trigger.

C-grunt
08-28-17, 19:09
Ive had one for a while now. I think I got one of the first ones out. I like it a lot. Very similar to the ACT.

everready73
08-28-17, 19:57
No experience with the Sionics but they put out high quality stuff. Would think it would be very comparable to the ALG ACT and BCM PNT. Out of curiosity, what issues did you have with the velocity trigger? I have read generally good things about them and was considering getting one

SeriousStudent
08-28-17, 20:08
I have four. They have all worked very well, and out of the box feel like a trigger that has had a couple of thousand rounds through it. Smoothly broken in, if that makes sense.

I feel they are a good deal for the money. All my new builds I do for myself or friends have either a Sionics trigger, or a Geissele SSA-E if it is a precision rig.

SteveL
08-28-17, 20:08
I've had one in a gun for a little while now and have had no issues. It's very similar to the BCM trigger.

IKnowNotEverything
08-28-17, 20:22
Trigger is good to go. Very crisp, nice reset. I actually shot mine side by side with a BCM PNT and they are quite comparable. Sionics felt slightly heavier w/ a more positive reset. BCM feels a touch lighter, w/ a very slight amount of creep. It is a good, serviceable trigger.

I would purchase with confidence.

MisterHelix
08-28-17, 20:27
I just finished installing a Sionics enhanced trigger in a lightweight 5.56 build. I've only put 30 rounds on it, but it seems comparable to the ALG ACT to me, which would make sense. They're both PTFE coated single stage triggers. As previous posters noted, slightly heavy, but clean.

I'd buy one again if I didn't want to drop the coin on another SSA. The Sionics is an excellent value if purchased with their LPK.

AndyLate
08-28-17, 21:26
I have a BCM PNT, but somehow I am convinced the ALG ACT, the PNT and Sionics enhanced trigger are very similar and they are all good to go. It may be the only time that "as good as" really fits.

My PNT is very good, minimal creep, smooth and very positive reset. I am reminded just how nice it is whenever I shoot it after some time away.

Andy

Furbyballer
08-29-17, 06:47
More of the same from me. Very good trigger and comparable to the ALG trigger. I have one in my sionics 11.5in sbr and will probably grab another one when I find out when they will be releasing their dedicated suppressed 11.5in barrels (if they every do).

RichinVA
08-29-17, 08:17
What was the issue with the Velocity?

kenny256
08-29-17, 11:46
Mine is very nice, super smooth and great take up.

It's my preferred single stage even compared to my ACT

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JRHorne
08-29-17, 12:08
I have one that came as part of my Sionics build kit from Western Sport. Haven't shot it yet, but I have heard great things. My biggest complaint is it being silver. Wish it was black. I will probably just rattle can it and be done with it.

MegademiC
08-29-17, 12:59
As mentioned, feels like a very broken in milspec trigger, with less pretravel. The pull weight feels a little lighter as well.

^Rb
08-29-17, 13:04
Thanks for the feedback guys -- sounds like she's good to go so I'll go ahead and order one!

Out of curiosity, what issues did you have with the velocity trigger? I have read generally good things about them and was considering getting one

What was the issue with the Velocity?

Mechanically, there was nothing wrong with it -- it felt great. My biggest issue was safety -- unintended double- and even triple- taps were wayyyy too easy with the 3.5-lb to the point where I didn't feel comfortable with it. In all fairness, I'm just a regular guy (there are FAR BETTER shooters on this message board), so admittedly my trigger discipline/technique could see some improvement.

sundance435
10-03-17, 13:39
The Sionics trigger is a somewhat noticeable improvement over mil-spec. For me, I notice less take-up and crisper break, but it's not going to perform like a Geissele. As a "factory" option or a cost-friendly alternative to stock? Definitely worth it.

jataylor11
10-03-17, 15:16
The ones I have gotten in LPK's feels much nicer than my milspec's. Nice and smooth!