PDA

View Full Version : 6920 Bolt?

XM15M4Guy
08-29-17, 17:11
Hi all,

I was doing some search on the web and ran across something that caught my interest. The info was stating that the lugs on a genuine 6920 bolt should be slightly chamferred. That got me to thinking and I checked mine...and they do NOT seem to h ave any chamfer at all. I bought the rifle complete NIB. I tried looking it up by the SN on the Colt site and got nothing. Anyone have a way I can confirm I have a 6920 and did not get ripped off?

titsonritz
08-29-17, 17:19
Pictures speak 1000 words or so I'm told.

XM15M4Guy
08-29-17, 17:25
Pictures speak 1000 words or so I'm told.

Will post pics when I get camera access.

ABNAK
08-29-17, 18:14
I have several Colt bolts----in Colt weapons----and unless it's needing a magnifying glass they are squared off.

XM15M4Guy
08-29-17, 18:34
I have several Colt bolts----in Colt weapons----and unless it's needing a magnifying glass they are squared off.

Thanks!

Feline
08-29-17, 18:59
Hi all,

I was doing some search on the web and ran across something that caught my interest. The info was stating that the lugs on a genuine 6920 bolt should be slightly chamferred. That got me to thinking and I checked mine...and they do NOT seem to h ave any chamfer at all. I bought the rifle complete NIB. I tried looking it up by the SN on the Colt site and got nothing. Anyone have a way I can confirm I have a 6920 and did not get ripped off?

The old (perhaps pre-2014/5) Colt bolt lugs were slightly chamfered. New Colt bolt lugs are completely square, and sourced from a different vendor. According to Colt, new bolts are mil-spec and go into .mil guns too. Interestingly new extractors are sourced from a new supplier and marked differently.

08-30-17, 15:11
The bolt lugs on my 6920 are slightly chamfered.

http://i.imgur.com/0zvuW45.jpg

08-31-17, 11:24
I can confirm that M4A1 bolts made prior to ~2015 are lightly chamfered. Newer or commercial ones, not sure.

Feline
08-31-17, 12:23
I can confirm that M4A1 bolts made prior to ~2015 are lightly chamfered. Newer or commercial ones, not sure.

New extractors are marked CE, not to be confused with the Expanse series.... :rolleyes:

Colt made a HUGE mistake with the release of non-Colt .mil spec parts and receivers on the market with the Expanse series. At least one large vendor is selling Colt expanse lowers as LE6920 lowers. Unless you know what to look for, there is a chance you'll get screwed.

Colt: Stick to 692*/694*/696*/65**/etc. guns, and do them properly.

kirkland
08-31-17, 21:17
Hi all,

You're good. I got a few 6920 uppers and extra BCG's and only one of them has chamferred lugs.

Animalhd1
10-09-17, 16:28
My brand new Trooper bolt has the chamfered bolt lugs.

3year old 6920 also chamfered.

xpk23
10-09-17, 17:22
Doesn't seem to be consistency as far as what parts people are getting with the Trooper. For example, my bolt has squared off lugs, and there was no white dot like I've read others mention theirs had.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Feline
10-09-17, 20:44
Doesn't seem to be consistency as far as what parts people are getting with the Trooper. For example, my bolt has squared off lugs, and there was no white dot like I've read others mention theirs had.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Colt is trying to stay afloat, and is building rifles out of whatever they can find in the woodwork... At least its mil-spec.

If you have a problem, ask this guy:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130606085306-06-hartford-courant-custom-1.jpg

He plays COD.

indianalex01
10-09-17, 23:08
Colt is trying to stay afloat, and is building rifles out of whatever they can find in the woodwork... At least its mil-spec.

If you have a problem, ask this guy:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130606085306-06-hartford-courant-custom-1.jpg

He plays COD.

This was a very stupid comment. Show me some proof of this?? Colt hasn't been using the whit dot on bolts for a long while. Post some proof of your statements.

Hammer_Man
10-09-17, 23:20
On the subject of Colt BCGs, I recently bought a Colt branded BCG from Arms Unlimited. I bought one from them, because they were $25 cheaper than Brownell's, and Midway. Anyhow, the markings of the BCG I received do not appear to be the same as the markings of the BCGs I've had in both of the LE6920s that I've owned over the years. Which leads me to question if this BCG is authentic. The 6920 BCGs had a very deep "C" stamped into the body of the carrier, whereas the one I got in the mail has a very faint "C" engraved into it, not stamped. The bolts of the 6920s from what I remember had MPI, and HPT markings, whereas the new one only has "MPC" engraved into it. Lastly the extractor of the new one has "CE" very lightly engraved into it. There are no paint markings, or anything of the sort. I contacted Arms Unlimited, and was reassured that the BCG I bought from them was authentic, however I'm still not sure. I called Colt customer service, and the best answer I got was that the markings vary depending on which machinery was used during the manufacturing processes.

joeyjoe
10-10-17, 00:23
100% legit. I've owned a Colt BCG that looked exactly like the one you have above. i don't like that the markings appear to be variable and I'm not sure what that variability actually means, but your BCG is consistent with other current production Colt BCGs. By the by, Colt bolts have been engraved with MPC ("M" for magnetic particle inspected, "P" for proof load tested, and "C" for Colt) for many years now. Basically, the only thing that is new is the odd CE that has been showing up in the extractor. Dunno what that CE is in reference to??? but i don't like it...haha!

sig1473
10-10-17, 02:38
I have 8x Colt BCGs and they have different "C" marks in the carrier. Some "C"s look stamped as some look electro-penciled. As stated above, all my Bolts are marked MPC with a "C" on the inside of the extractor.

JC5188
10-10-17, 03:06
Older thread that was sorted out, but I’ll play re: markings, parts matching.

Speaking to manufacturing marks and parts generally, and not Colt specifically.

Markings...

Manufacturers are trying to do them as cheaply as possible, or stop them at all. If there is a requirement that it be there, like a .gov contract, then they pay for it. Otherwise it’s an unnecessary cost.

It is common as a company changes process/machinery/suppliers to have mix and match markings and small parts. Look at the history of Colt. Very different guns at times. They are either in spec or not.

Nothing new.

Hammer_Man
10-10-17, 08:32
Thanks for the replies. I feel a bit better about my purchase.

CRX85
10-10-17, 09:59
The extractor on my trooper bolt has a cage code. Bolt is white dot/mpc with the chamfered lugs.

Feline
10-10-17, 10:04
This was a very stupid comment. Show me some proof of this?? Colt hasn't been using the whit dot on bolts for a long while. Post some proof of your statements.

Look at the data. Huge variation among same models produced during similar time. I bet they all run well, despite the different parts/markings.

Feline
10-10-17, 10:04
The extractor on my trooper bolt has a cage code. Bolt is white dot/mpc with the chamfered lugs.

What CAGE code do you see? Any "CE" markings?

CRX85
10-10-17, 10:41
13629. No ce markings

Feline
10-10-17, 11:07
13629. No ce markings

Interesting. Thanks.

CRX85
10-10-17, 13:35
FWIW my stock also has a CAGE code and my bolt carrier is not marked at all. Serial number does start with LE.

JasonB1
10-10-17, 14:18
Colt hasn't been using the whit dot on bolts for a long while. Post some proof of your statements.

I purchased a new Colt BCG in the summer of 2016 and th bolt had the white paint dot. My 6920 purchased new in the fall of 2012 had no paint dot on the bolt.

Feline
10-10-17, 14:36
There's a reason Colt uses white paint..

https://www.easichalk.com/ekmps/shops/a34dc0/images/white-uni-px-30-paint-marker-bold-tip-1436-p.jpg