PDA

View Full Version : BCM M4 handguard light mount / Sling options

Cincinnatus15
08-30-17, 08:51
I have a BCM 14.5" SOCOM upper that I'm trying to mount a Surefire Fury light to. The upper has standard A2 Carbine length double heat shield handguard which came from BCM. In the past I've used an IWC Light mount and slot in order to mount the Surefire to a Colt 6920. However, the mount is not compatible with the BCM handguards. What other options exist to mount a light with standard handguards. Don't care about aesthetics, functionality/durability is key.

Also, it has a front sling swivel and I'm using a b5 systems sopmod bravo stock. If I were to pick up a blue force gear sling, which attachments would allow the most mobility/comfortability?

Thanks.

bruin
08-30-17, 12:59
Check out the Rosch Works TM1. Affordable, all steel, and flexible for light placement. Otherwise, I'd consider swapping the handguards to Magpul SL and take your pick of M-LOK mounts.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

ggammell
08-30-17, 13:04
Midwest Indistries makes a mount that affixes to the FSB and gives you a rail on either side of the rail to mount a light. It ain't pretty but it works. And it's not expensive.

titsonritz
08-30-17, 13:17
Mossie Midnight Mount (https://battlecomp.com/product/surefire-x300u-mossie-midnight-mount-package/)

I like the standard VCAS (non-QD), just loop it through the slot and call it a day.