PDA

View Full Version : Colt AR15

Jtrammell
08-31-17, 22:00
I figure I might as well post anyway. I couldn't wait. I was trying to choose between a Colt 6720, 6721 or drive 30 miles to the next town to get a 6920. Another option would be to get recommendations for something better in the $800-1200 range for a "beginner" assembled AR15.

I bought one today and ran a couple hundred rounds through it today, I like it a lot.

Wanna guess which one I chose or do you want me to just tell you and then y'all can tell me I shoulda got the other one yada yada?

Shrillar67
08-31-17, 22:05
6720?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyLate
08-31-17, 22:05
I hope you picked up a 6720, just because I like lightweight barrels. The only thing that really matters is that you like the one you picked.

Anry

Jtrammell
08-31-17, 22:08
Yep 6720 it is.

Jtrammell
08-31-17, 22:11
I read through a lot of threads on here and another forum (that accepted my registration quicker, mods sheesh [emoji12]).

I'm happy with my decision. I'm gonna have to start reloading now, it's too much fun to shoot to spend $.40 per round...

Shrillar67
08-31-17, 22:17
Good choice

Jtrammell
08-31-17, 22:20
How do you, or can you, mount a flashlight on it?

Shrillar67
08-31-17, 22:23
How do you, or can you, mount a flashlight on it?

Best bet is too change the rail a good starter rail is a centurion C4 cut out rail, Daniel defense omega 7inch rail, or Knights armaments RAS rail can find all of them on eBay for very good prices

PaLEOjd
08-31-17, 22:59
Congrats and fine choice!
That carbine will serve you well.

OP, the above post has a few good rai options, all top quality. Just be really careful with the ebay stuff, a lot of fakes and cheap knock offs! Do yourself a favor and buy from a known quality source.
Knights Armament RAS can be had for $150 on their 'factory seconds' selection. They are top quality, lock up solid, and you really can't find a defect that makes it seconds. P&S also made the RAS for .mil and they can be had for less money, so be sure to shop around and don't jump on the first rail you see.
Be sure to check the Equipment Exchange as well, some good deals there.

kirkland
08-31-17, 23:31
RAS is pretty heavy, I'd go for a light rail since you got a light barrel. Or just slap on a Magpul MOE, super cheap, super light weight, can mount a light, and a forgrip if you want.

Shrillar67
08-31-17, 23:33
RAS is pretty heavy, I'd go for a light rail since you got a light barrel.

For sure, lite rail is the best option in my opinion or the Centurion C4

everready73
09-01-17, 07:23
Centurion is the best option, but if you didnt want to spend a lot the Magpul poly handguards get the job done for $25-30. The have mlock slots

Feline
09-01-17, 07:55
I figure I might as well post anyway. I couldn't wait. I was trying to choose between a Colt 6720, 6721 or drive 30 miles to the next town to get a 6920. Another option would be to get recommendations for something better in the $800-1200 range for a "beginner" assembled AR15.

I bought one today and ran a couple hundred rounds through it today, I like it a lot.

Wanna guess which one I chose or do you want me to just tell you and then y'all can tell me I shoulda got the other one yada yada?

This isn't Facebook.

Jtrammell
09-01-17, 08:55
This isn't Facebook.

Well, yo mamma is so....

I'm a memeber of other vBulletin forums and post thousands of times a year.

I don't use Facebook other than my business page. Thank you, thank you very much.

Jtrammell
09-01-17, 08:57
Centurion is the best option, but if you didnt want to spend a lot the Magpul poly handguards get the job done for $25-30. The have mlock slots

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll probably just hold off for a while and restock my piggy bank so I can get something high quality for rail, light etc.

I do prefer the iron sight vs a scope so that should save me some dough.

Shrillar67
09-01-17, 11:23
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll probably just hold off for a while and restock my piggy bank so I can get something high quality for rail, light etc.

I do prefer the iron sight vs a scope so that should save me some dough.

I perfer mine too. I bought a nice Leupold 1.5-4 but have only used it a hand full of times. Irons are great but I'm thinkin on goin with an Aimpoint or Trijicon MRO and co witnessing them and putting the Leupold on an SPR build.

titsonritz
09-01-17, 11:29
Check out IWC for light mount options, another choice would be if you can find a Mossie Midnight Mount (they're suppose to be coming around again).

JSantoro
09-01-17, 11:59
As stated, this isn't Facebook. Being a member of other forums conveys precisely zero legitimacy, viable experience, or amnesty from M4C policies/practices.

Perhaps the other forums to which you are a member are more likely to allow a no-content thread...

...in which you elect to disparage somebody's mother.

This thread was reported by other members, and they were right to do so. Pump your brakes, read the rules, take a look around, get a feel for how we expect threads to run. This *isn't* it.