PDA

View Full Version : New G19 with Austrian Proof Marks - Collectible?

Eurodriver
09-02-17, 21:20
Picked this up on a whim today for 4 bills. Nobody doesn't need another G19.

On closer inspection I got it home and noticed this. Google says, I think, that it's an Austrian proof mark. Manuf. date is 2009. Anything special about it?

https://i.imgur.com/Q3oGem0.jpg

Shoots nice. Put 500 rounds through it today. No malfunctions. Dropped it in some mud/water. Lots of holster draws. Seems to be a really solid gun.

https://i.imgur.com/PKrWZ00.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/aKzxCFS.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/8YrT9xs.jpg?1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8RcXq_lS6I

HeruMew
09-02-17, 21:46
Looks awesome!

Never seen that before. Glad to hear its running well and for that kinda cash. Wish I could find a new 19 at that cost local.

Oh! And thanks for sharing! Hope someone has some good info for you.

feesix
09-02-17, 21:49
i had one before, that is a nice deal. i believe these were imported during obama craze to help with the shortage we had in the states. could be wrong though. also its a k prefix, its right before glock started to have problems with the btf issue.

Kain
09-02-17, 22:16
Naw, no good, known issues abound, send it up here, I'll give you 3 bills for it and dispose of the death trap for you. Which three bills would you like, car bill, phone bill, electric bill, gas bill? :jester::jester::jester::jester:

P.S.
When did a paper pusher become such an impressive photographer? You holding back on us Euro?

RHINOWSO
09-02-17, 22:45
i believe these were imported during obama craze to help with the shortage we had in the states.
I remember the same.

davidjinks
09-03-17, 07:35
Some of the earlier 17 and 19's that came into the U.S. had proof marks on them. During the early days of the O admin there were some more that came into the U.S. as well.

If you're a collector, then they have whatever value you deem is appropriate.

Gen 1/2 Glock 17's with proof marks I have seen as high as 1K. That's NIB, untouched and factory stock.

Gen 2/3 Glock 19's have been upwards of 700 and as high as 800. NIB, untouched and factory stock.

As a collector of earlier Glocks with proof marks, I won't pay more than 7 bills NIB factory stock.

firefighter37
09-03-17, 07:41
Some of the earlier 17 and 19's that came into the U.S. had proof marks on them. During the early days of the O admin there were some more that came into the U.S. as well.

If you're a collector, then they have whatever value you deem is appropriate.

Gen 1/2 Glock 17's with proof marks I have seen as high as 1K. That's NIB, untouched and factory stock.

Gen 2/3 Glock 19's have been upwards of 700 and as high as 800. NIB, untouched and factory stock.

As a collector of earlier Glocks with proof marks, I won't pay more than 7 bills NIB factory stock.
I have a G21 Gen 3 with Austrian proof marks, I haven't seen any others like it.

davidjinks
09-03-17, 08:08
There are also 21SF with proof marks. I've never ventured out of the 9MM realm with Glocks though.

I have a G21 Gen 3 with Austrian proof marks, I haven't seen any others like it.

DaBigBR
09-03-17, 15:42
These came in, as previously stated, as relief during the early Obama mess. More interesting than the proof marks are the Glock import markings on the underside of the trigger guard. I bought one when they were first brought in for $425 or $450. Collector value? Who knows. I'm guessing probably not.

Eurodriver
09-03-17, 16:28
Collector value? Who knows. I'm guessing probably not.

Same. I'm not exactly treating it like a collector's piece anyway. However, it is good to know this gun was produced prior to all the late Gen3 issues that seemed to be such an issue on the internet. The finish on the slide is also very different from my 2 pin Gen3 and Gen 4.

P.S.
When did a paper pusher become such an impressive photographer? You holding back on us Euro?

If you use a gun like its supposed to be used your pictures always turn out "real" because nothing has been faked! :)

AwaySooner
09-03-17, 17:11
Mine has mark on slide and frame. Shot mine quite a bit, the slide finish is holding up well after all these years.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4377/36869113831_b87eeec32f_c.jpg

09-03-17, 20:14
I'd pick one up if I saw it. I've always liked proof marks.

PaLEOjd
09-04-17, 00:23
Nothing really collectible about the Austrian proof marks, but they are nice to have.
It's not all that often they are available here in the U.S., especially at that price, great find! The good thing about that pistol is it has the better, non-dipped extractor and it isn't the MIM part. Should be strong, consistent ejection. It also has the better, more durable frying pan look, teflon type finish.

The statement in an above post is correct, they were imported here from Austria during the panic. They were not originally made for the U.S. but Glock Smyrna couldn't keep up with demand so Glock Austria shipped pistols to Smyrna in an attempt to meet the crazy panic demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST911
09-04-17, 10:01
Picked this up on a whim today for 4 bills. Nobody doesn't need another G19.

On closer inspection I got it home and noticed this. Google says, I think, that it's an Austrian proof mark. Manuf. date is 2009. Anything special about it?

In a word, no. Shoot it well, wear it out.

T2C
09-04-17, 10:03
In a word, no. Shoot it well, wear it out.

That will require about 100,000 rounds of ammunition.

ST911
09-04-17, 10:09
That will require about 100,000 rounds of ammunition.

Sounds like a plan...

Beat Trash
09-04-17, 11:37
Glock brought in 10,000 guns from Austria to try and put a band aid on the shortage of supply during one of the Obama panic buying periods. For a while, the internet was abuzz trying to determine which Glock 19 was better, the Austrian proof mark guns or the US proof marked guns. Short answer was unless you stopped to look at the proof marks to see which one you were shooting, there really wasn't a difference.

Does your gun have any collector value? That would depend on how good of a salesman you are, and how gullible your potential buyer is. Personally I wouldn't mind having one just for the, "That's cool" factor. But If I did own one, I'd shoot the crap out of it anyways.

sundance435
09-05-17, 10:38
I bought an Austrian G19 during the "craze", though I wanted a G19 anyway, and I don't recall paying any more for it than a regular 19. As others have said, there's no big price disparity on them now for collecting value, but I think generally you can sell them for at least $50 more than you would a typical used G19. An unfired copy might bring $100-$200 more.

Feline
09-05-17, 16:09
These are known as Obama Glocks, and yes, they're collectible. Fetch between $250-400 above MSRP NIB.