PDA

View Full Version : Review: Bay Watch

WillBrink
09-03-17, 09:27
Good silly fun. It works because it does not take itself too seriously and has some fun dialogue. Why they decided to show a dink in it, giving it an R rating, I have no idea. I never cared for the series as it did take itself seriously and if you seen one pretty girl in a bikini running in slow mo on the beach you kinda seen em all. A few of the original cast members pop up also. I actually enjoyed Baywatch more than I expected to, but it's silly light fun with way more profanity than I'd expected. B-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDteZ0YrhSU

pinzgauer
09-03-17, 10:17
Just happened to have watched it, wife picked it up at Redbox.

They should have skipped the relentless dick/sack jokes and scenes and had a better movie. Guess they really wanted the Jr high to college frat house male demographic.

Literally, snip a couple of scenes and they'd have a better movie, PG-13, and end up with a funny reboot of a notable bit of pop culture.

They were not even particularly funny scenes past the first 10 seconds. Should have followed the "something about Mary" approach. Get the laugh, then move on.

Now you need to cover "the circle" and "king arthur legend of the sword". Both interesting movies in different ways.

WillBrink
09-03-17, 10:42
Just happened to have watched it, wife picked it up at Redbox.

They should have skipped the relentless dick/sack jokes and scenes and had a better movie. Guess they really wanted the Jr high to college frat house male demographic.

Literally, snip a couple of scenes and they'd have a better movie, PG-13, and end up with a funny reboot of a notable bit of pop culture.

They were not even particularly funny scenes past the first 10 seconds. Should have followed the "something about Mary" approach. Get the laugh, then move on.

Now you need to cover "the circle" and "king arthur legend of the sword". Both interesting movies in different ways.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?199286-Review-King-Arthur-Legend-of-the-Sword

The Circle got pretty bad reviews I recall and just didn't interest me. Maybe I'll check it out at some point

CPM
09-03-17, 10:57
I haven't seen it yet, but will probably check it out. I'm a heterosexual college graduate in his thirties and I have no idea why, but I find the sight of a penis in main stream movies absolutely hysterical.

pinzgauer
09-03-17, 11:04
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?199286-Review-King-Arthur-Legend-of-the-Sword

The Circle got pretty bad reviews I recall and just didn't interest me. Maybe I'll check it out at some point
What made the circle not-great is it was just half a movie, left you hanging, open ended. But the core points were thought provoking if a bit obvious.

The takeaway is not that one company is evil (obvious target: goofle/apple/Facebook) but that we are willingly and daily giving up privacy for convenience. And carried to an extreme, that is a very subtle and long term risk. So if you walked away swearing "I'm getting off Facebook" you missed the point. It's bigger than that.

Yeah, not a fun movie. But a movie that makes you go "hmm" is sometimes uncommon.

Everyone in the room said "omg, that is so true" at points, more than once, and it had nothing to do with megacorp data mining. Subtle stuff, societal and corporate pressures.

That said, if I had paid more than a buck to see it I'd be annoyed. But for a cheap rental with nothing else to watch... And I'm sure a very large percentage of folks who saw it completely missed the many points and declared it lame

I'll go check out the review of the edgy Arthur