PDA

View Full Version : For some reason this struck me as "Black Pantheresque"

CarlosDJackal
10-06-08, 12:51
Here's the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUEQz5dltmI)

Here's the article (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/06/middle-school-teacher-suspended-obama-frat-spat/)

Middle School Teacher Suspended for 'Obama Frat' Spat

A Kansas City, Mo., middle school teacher was suspended for insubordination after he posted a video of his students chanting Barack Obama slogans on YouTube.

By Jennifer Lawinski

Monday, October 06, 2008

A middle school teacher in Missouri was suspended Monday for putting a video on YouTube of his students chanting lines from Barack Obama speeches and wearing military fatigues.

The video, called "Obama Youth -- Junior Fraternity Regiment," was posted by a YouTube user named "keepitwildtv" on Oct. 2. The school learned the video was on the Internet and took action against the teacher Monday morning.

Joyce McGautha, superintendent of the Urban Community Leadership Academy, a charter school for students in fifth through ninth grades in Kansas City, Mo., said that the video was probably taken last May during the Junior Fraternity's morning meeting at the school.

She would not disclose the teacher's name. "At this time because of the legal action that we'll probably have to take against the teacher, I'm not going to give his name," McGautha said.

Students at the school have 30-minute group sessions four times a week during which they are supposed to work on reading and writing. Once a week they are allowed to have "activities," McGautha said. There are 12 groups at the public charter school.

The Junior Fraternity students studied Obama's economic plan with the teacher, and the superintendent did not know whether the teacher or the students scripted the routine. The group should have also studied John McCain's economic plan, the superintendent said.

In the video, eighth- and ninth-graders wearing military camouflage pants and navy t-shirts chant and perform a routine in the style of a step show, a dance popular among African-American fraternities at universities.

The students enter the room chanting "Alpha. Omega. Alpha. Omega." Then, one at a time, they state things they were "inspired" to do by Barack Obama, including becoming an architect and a sheriff. At the end of the video, the students make statements about Obama's healthcare plan. "Obama's healthcare plan will be able to provide participants the ability to move from job to job without taking their healthcare coverage," one says.

"People are upset that possibly taxpayer money is being used to support one particular candidate," McGautha said, "and now I can understand that. And I didn't condone them. I try very, very hard to remain within the limits of the law. I think this is unfortunate."

She said she was aware of the video, and that many of the school's activities are recorded, but that the teacher had been warned in a letter not to put it on the Internet. If he did, she said, he should seek legal counsel.

The teacher's fate will be taken up by the charter school's board, she said.

"Certain things don't happen in public schools anyway, but there area lot of other ramifications when you take it public," McGautha said.

"As far as [the teacher is] concerned, I think he gets what was supposed to come to him. But I don't think the children should be the victims of his stupidity."

30 cal slut
10-06-08, 13:04
ever been to a "step show?"

JBnTX
10-06-08, 13:05
Yep, it sure does!

Just take your pick, they all fit.

Black Panthers.
Weather Underground.
Students For A Democratic Society. (SDS)
Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP)
Progressive Labor Movement (PLM)
Democrat Party

Obama's favorite kind of people.

All the above could be considered, "Community Organizers"

30 cal slut
10-06-08, 13:07
a bit of a cultural thing, methinks.

"Steppin' or Step Dancing" is a march/dance/body slapping/chanting combination rooted in the African American culture through fraternities and sororities although it is more than just a dance trend. It has been described by some as a display of organizational unity. As part of the African American culture, it is forms of expression, such as Negro Spirituals were a long time ago. It is a language all of its own with its own special message.

JBnTX
10-06-08, 13:11
a bit of a cultural thing, methinks.

It goes farther than that.

That video is clearly militant with cultural undertones.

30 cal slut
10-06-08, 13:17
okay. let's get a bunch of caucasian folk and put together a line-dance video for mccain. :D

JBnTX
10-06-08, 13:28
okay. let's get a bunch of caucasian folk and put together a line-dance video for mccain. :D

If they were dressed in BDU Pants, Combat Boots and chanting "Alpha, Omega".
I would say the same thing about McCain supporters.

Read about Alpha-Omega?

Revelation 1: 8 in the King James Version says,
“I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last.”
This verse referring to God as the “Alpha and Omega”.

Is Obama the Black Community's new God?

Or just their new militant leader?

30 cal slut
10-06-08, 13:35
well, for what it's worth, i found this one a little creepier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2naSzb1psU

:p

JBnTX
10-06-08, 13:39
Clearly some are trying to portray Obama as some kind of Saviour
who will bring about needed change and give new hope to all the
world.

That scares me!

thopkins22
10-06-08, 13:41
If they were dressed in BDU Pants, Combat Boots and chanting "Alpha, Omega".

LOL Your combat boots are shiny gold?

I don't know how to feel about this.

Chances are that they feel so strongly only because Obama happens to be black. Collectivism is just a pretty word for racism in this context.

But, if Obama's success up until this point is inspiring kids to try and become chemical engineers etc...then good for them. Though I would advocate that they not deify ANY politician from any time in history, as it's simply not healthy.

CarlosDJackal
10-06-08, 13:49
ever been to a "step show?"

Nope, I've seen "Stomp" once. Does that count?

I was referring to the militant, "Hitler youth" type undertone with this particular "performance". This is further enhanced by their use of the term "Regiment".

Maybe I should start a "Bananas for the Second Amendment Regiment"? :D

LOKNLOD
10-06-08, 13:53
Well they did put the fat kid in front, human shield perhaps? The whole thing is disturbing on many levels but I think the greek letters are just a catchy sounding chant to go along with the fact that fraternities are the ones who do this stuff all the time. And I've always seen them wearing camo pants and boots, I think they do like to have a military flair to go along with the "steppin'" drills. I'm not jumping to the assumption that these kids are the front men of Obama's New World Order. They're just kids being led by a shitty teacher wth an agenda, who looks like he might be getting what he deserves out of this. He was probably in one of those circle-jerk fraternities when he was in college, and thought it looks cool.

And if they're militant, so be it, at least they're slow moving, noisy, and closely packed. We won't have to lead them much, and they'll be especially susceptible to ambushes and claymores ;)

CarlosDJackal
10-06-08, 14:08
Well they did put the fat kid in front, human shield perhaps? ... And if they're militant, so be it, at least they're slow moving, noisy, and closely packed. We won't have to lead them much, and they'll be especially susceptible to ambushes and claymores ;)

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!! :D

30 cal slut
10-06-08, 14:10

now THAT would be scary.

sign me up for a super-duper-life-endowment membership in BFSA (bananas for the 2A). :D

RogerinTPA
10-06-08, 16:48
Nope, I've seen "Stomp" once. Does that count?

I was referring to the militant, "Hitler youth" type undertone with this particular "performance". This is further enhanced by their use of the term "Regiment".

FYI...the youtube vid is down now. I think it's cultural. Believe it or not, that's typical attire for african american frats during step shows, at least at the university (in Michigan) I went to and several universities I've visited while traveling for ROTC rifle matches during that time period (circa early 80's). Maybe one kid had a brother who inspired and/or organized them to perform in that fashion. If you never saw a step show in person, it could be mistaken for a black militant performance to people not in the know....Just like break dancing contest was looked at as a form of gangbanging to cops until they figured out it was simply a dance competition. ;)

R.P.
10-06-08, 20:39
Yep, it sure does!

Just take your pick, they all fit.

Black Panthers.
Weather Underground.
Students For A Democratic Society. (SDS)
Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP)
Progressive Labor Movement (PLM)
Democrat Party

Obama's favorite kind of people.

All the above could be considered, "Community Organizers"

Don't forget about ACORN.
Did anyone else watch Hannity's America last night? It was about Obama's history of ties to radicalism.

Knownot
10-07-08, 07:30
Sieg Heil!

andre3k
10-07-08, 07:50
Sounds more like some type of junior fraternity than anything along the lines of being extreme. I'm a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. and these types of organizations in high school come and go, mainly at schools with a largely black student body. I think I know why this one has an Obama spin to it, but the idea does seem pretty silly. While in college I did more than my fair share of step shows wearing boots and bdu pants.

I also see the Alpha Omega thing being kinda creepy but I'm pretty sure the teacher that put this whole deal together is in one of the black greek fraternities, the largest being Alpha Phi Alpha, Omega Psi Phi, and Kappa Alpha Psi. Possibly giving way to the Alpha - Omega thing. And members of Omega Psi Phi are known for their gold combat boots.

Bushytale
10-08-08, 01:33
the teacher that organized this is getting slapped down, that's what counts! :p