PDA

View Full Version : Gen4G19 magwell/grip plugs

MegademiC
09-04-17, 21:19
I'm looking for a list of mag funnels or grip plugs that have a good, smooth transition from backstrap to the rounded notch in magwell. If there is anything about particular option you know of that has something a magazine can catch on - let me know so I can cross that off the list, I have too many options right now and need to narrow it down.

Background:
I've spent what I consider enough time practicing reloads with the g23/19 - time for a hardware fix. Side to side placement is fine, but there is about 1mm of room for error between dead stopping the mag with the front ledge hitting the magwell, or the rim of the top round catching the rounded notch in the rear of the magwell - leading to a round stripping from the mag and the mag hitting the deck.

Main point:
I need something that creates a funnel from the back of the backstrap into the rounded notch inside the magwell - SMOOTHLY. I want to try a magpul mag funnel, but the "mag funnel" part is secondary and I cant tell how smooth the rear transition is. That said, I'm not opposed to a mag funnel (zev or agency) as long as it doesn't print much more than a stock gun.

Thanks All!

ggammell
09-05-17, 06:56
RCS Freya probably hits it. Looks like the smoothest transition from grip heel to magwell out there. If you use backbstraps on your glock you're out of luck though. I used the large backstraps and went with the Agency magwell. It seems like the only low profile magwell that can accommodate the glock backstraps. It's pretty low profile. I haven't carried it yet but I don't see it making a significant difference in printing.

Bogart
09-05-17, 08:31
Before you try any of the pricier magwells you may want to look at the Glockmeister grip plugs. I use them in my Glocks and they close that notch in the inside of the grip perfectly and don't come loose at all. But you can't use any backstraps. They're $7. May be $4 if their Labor Day sale is still going.

MegademiC
09-05-17, 17:13
Okay, thanks. The Freya is out as it extends the rear too much (looks like it turns it into g17 grip length?. I was looking at the agency, zev, magpul, and whatever grip plugs are out there but didn't know if there was something else. Might have to try the glockmeister plug.

I use no backstraps.

Evan_O
09-05-17, 23:31
The glockmeister plugs are the heat! I run them in all my gen4 and one gen5 Glocks. Exceptionally good price for probably the best backstrap plug on the market.

Bart Noir
09-06-17, 19:26
Go look at the Magpul website. They have just started advertising a magwell for the Gen 4 G17, and it adds very little length to the grip. They say other models will follow and I will be waiting for the G19 version. I saw this on The Firearm Blog in a very recent entry.

Bart Noir