PDA

View Full Version : E-Bikes

WillBrink
09-06-17, 11:11
Just ordered a Rad Rover e-bike which gets great reviews and looks like a ton O fun. Will do a short review once I get to try it out. E bikes in general are becoming very popular for easy to see reasons. My Trek bicycle cost more than this thing, so if it's all it appears to be and the rave reviews true, it's a bargain I'd say.

https://www.radpowerbikes.com/products/radrover-electric-fat-bike?variant=1121017969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=745&v=zb3JhXdNJhU

Another than gets good reviews is the Sonders which has more models and lower prices:

https://sondors.com/

Anyone have experience with a purpose built e bike?

HeruMew
09-06-17, 11:31
I have seen these. I think that this has a lot of benefit of utilization in many utility and recreational roles.

I had seen a company like Rad still on Kickstarter years back, but the concept was epic.

Then one of my favorite youtubers got an electric bike, as sponsership of course, and the thing just looks epic to cruise offroad with, and even smoother just motorcycling your way around town.

Nonetheless, excited to see your honest review.

WillBrink
09-06-17, 11:42
I have seen these. I think that this has a lot of benefit of utilization in many utility and recreational roles.

I had seen a company like Rad still on Kickstarter years back, but the concept was epic.

Then one of my favorite youtubers got an electric bike, as sponsership of course, and the thing just looks epic to cruise offroad with, and even smoother just motorcycling your way around town.

Nonetheless, excited to see your honest review.

As you said, there's a lot of potential benefits to these dedicated e bikes, from allowing people with shot knees to enjoy biking again, to short commutes where you don't wanna be sweaty when you arrive, to off road stuff (gotta try it on the beach!), to recreational stuff one used to kneed a dirt bike for, etc. Im not an early adopter of tech/beta tester type as rule, and watched Sonders from it's first launch. Have now spoken to people with many miles on their Sonders and or Rad, and all report being very happy with them and no major issues of note. The Rad is a tad more $, but looks like a lot more bike, so I went that route.

Co-gnARR
09-06-17, 11:45
There's a comparable bike that's been around Sportsman's Warehouse locally. I think it is marketed as a back country person mover capable of carrying some gear. I ride a Surly fatbike which can be fitted with racks, panniers, etc, and it can be loaded with a weekend's worth of camping gear no problem. I know people are attaching electric motors to them. A local guy started a custom e bike company that seems to be gaining some traction. An e bike would be a cool city scooter for commuting that can serve double duty off road for trail cycling. Much better IMO than the noisy gas powered hipster movers that pollute the air.

BIGUGLY
09-06-17, 11:50
There is a few out west that are using them for hunting, helps to cover a lot of ground and is able to carry some gear. Neat idea if you have a lot of miles to cover when scouting and super quiet.

HeruMew
09-06-17, 12:47
There is a few out west that are using them for hunting, helps to cover a lot of ground and is able to carry some gear. Neat idea if you have a lot of miles to cover when scouting and super quiet.

Especially once you got that Elk Quartered and need to haul off some sets of meat. So long as it has a good range, and can carry well, more power to them.

Thanks for your response, Will. I cringed when I realized I used the "e-word" twice though.

I am way to much of a millennial for my own comfort.

PattonWasRight
09-06-17, 13:46
Sounds like this will make a lot of sense for you, plus be just plain ol' fun getting back onto a bike

I've been thinking about getting an electric skate board ... my balance is still great, but too much wear & tear on my hips make walking distances uncomfortable/pain

Enjoy!

HeruMew
09-06-17, 13:49
Sounds like this will make a lot of sense for you, plus be just plain ol' fun getting back onto a bike

I've been thinking about getting an electric skate board ... my balance is still great, but too much wear & tear on my hips make walking distances uncomfortable/pain

Enjoy!

As much as I dislike them, Boostit boards really are one of the forefront runners of the e-boards.

They look fun, but I hear the battery is only so-so.

Nonetheless, for walking distances, should make it a lot more fun and enjoyable without all the rotation to pump the board forward.

PattonWasRight
09-06-17, 13:55
As much as I dislike them, Boostit boards really are one of the forefront runners of the e-boards.

They look fun, but I hear the battery is only so-so.

Nonetheless, for walking distances, should make it a lot more fun and enjoyable without all the rotation to pump the board forward.

I checked that one out also, things are pretty new/in development with all of them

This is the one I'm watching to see how it goes. Threw in a little money for them via Kickstarter https://www.louboard.com/

titsonritz
09-06-17, 14:01
I'm liking that Radmini, love the way it folds up into a compact package.

HeruMew
09-06-17, 14:12
I checked that one out also, things are pretty new/in development with all of them

This is the one I'm watching to see how it goes. Threw in a little money for them via Kickstarter https://www.louboard.com/

Wow, I really like the sleekness of that one. Really trims down the board and makes it look like something that would actually fit the description of a normal-ish skateboard.

Really enjoy the layout of the controls and the extra accessories options like headlights, spare wheels, extra decks, etc.

Certainly interesting, thanks for sharing, will have to check these out more.

WillBrink
09-06-17, 16:06
Especially once you got that Elk Quartered and need to haul off some sets of meat. So long as it has a good range, and can carry well, more power to them.

Thanks for your response, Will. I cringed when I realized I used the "e-word" twice though.

I am way to much of a millennial for my own comfort.

When I realized it just stands for electric bike it didn't bother me. When it's used as a catch phrase for everything to sell to millennials by putting an "e" in front of it, I want to strangle kittens.

WillBrink
09-06-17, 16:08
I'm liking that Radmini, love the way it folds up into a compact package.

Like everything a trade off. As a quick around town thing that's easy to transport and store, probably works well, but would let you down for much of anything else I'm told.

dwhitehorne
09-06-17, 17:19
The video was interesting when they started riding. He says 20 a few times. Is that 20mph? That guy seems to be flying for the type of ruts on the road. It looks like a blast though. I could definitely see some serious wipe outs in the sand with the way the front tire was pushing. David

WillBrink
09-06-17, 17:54
The video was interesting when they started riding. He says 20 a few times. Is that 20mph? That guy seems to be flying for the type of ruts on the road. It looks like a blast though. I could definitely see some serious wipe outs in the sand with the way the front tire was pushing. David

They are limited to top speed of 20, so that's probably what he means yes. By all accounts, they are a lot of fun and competent on a variety of surfaces. I thought it was interesting they had to deflate the tires a bit to really get the sand traction they wanted.

dwhitehorne
09-06-17, 18:13
Wow 20MPH in the dirt is pretty quick for a bike. David

An Undocumented Worker
09-06-17, 18:51
There's a huge debate raging in the MTB community right now about whether these should be allowed on traditional MTB trails or treated as motorized vehicles and relegated to orv parks and similarly designated areas.

Bulletdog
09-06-17, 19:05
There's a huge debate raging in the MTB community right now about whether these should be allowed on traditional MTB trails or treated as motorized vehicles and relegated to orv parks and similarly designated areas.

Not surprising, but this seems pretty silly. These bikes are similar in size and speed to more traditional bicycles. Why on earth would anyone want to make them ride on motorcycle trails? Can you imagine rounding a corner in 4th gear on a CRF450 and finding one of these 20MPH bicycles right in front of you? I don't see a logical debate here.

Will, Thanks for posting this. I've been interested in these for a while, but I don't know anyone with any experience with them. Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

Hmac
09-06-17, 19:29
Absolutely. Those guys at MTB are having a hissy fit over E-bikes, both on the trails and in general. It kind of reminds me of the whole skiers vs snowboarders that raged for so long. The self-righteousness just oozes out of that debate. I am totally ambivalent to the whole problem that those folks are shrieking about. I just finished up a nice 12 mile afternoon at our MTB rec area and ran into a couple of E-bikers on the lower trails as I was heading for the parking lot. Nice people. I think the things are kind of intriguing, but mountain and road biking is my primary fitness outlet so I won't be getting one anytime soon.

WillBrink
09-06-17, 19:39
Absolutely. Those guys at MTB are having a hissy fit over E-bikes, both on the trails and in general. It kind of reminds me of the whole skiers vs snowboarders that raged for so long. The self-righteousness just oozes out of that debate. I am totally ambivalent to the whole problem that those folks are shrieking about. I just finished up a nice 12 mile afternoon at our MTB rec area and ran into a couple of E-bikers on the lower trails as I was heading for the parking lot. Nice people. I think the things are kind of intriguing, but mountain and road biking is my primary fitness outlet so I won't be getting one anytime soon.

BTW on the fitness aspect I may have invented, peddle on zero assist and a low gear hard as possible for 30 seconds, then on full assist for 1 min and repeat for 10 cycles. Could be an excellent HIIT session I'm thinking and plan to try it.

uffdaphil
09-06-17, 22:56
I like that Rad cargo bike, but am leaning towards the Juiced Bikes U500 with long range battery - 60-75 miles on a charge! And you can ride two up.

https://shop.juicedbikes.com/collections/e-bikes/products/odk-u500-v3

Hmac
09-06-17, 23:11
BTW on the fitness aspect I may have invented, peddle on zero assist and a low gear hard as possible for 30 seconds, then on full assist for 1 min and repeat for 10 cycles. Could be an excellent HIIT session I'm thinking and plan to try it.
I do that on my road bike, but use a heart rate monitor to gauge effort and the cycles. I had bilateral knee surgery a couple of years ago and lost a lot of quadriceps strength, so I add in some high gear cycles as well.

WillBrink
09-15-17, 14:51
Had the Rad e-bike for a few days and so far it's the most fun I have had with my clothes on in a long time! Built like a tank, yet either effortless to peddle if you wanna peddle, or simply use on power alone. For the $, a steal really when you consider all you can do with it. My early impressions are A+ and reading about others with many miles on them, gives me good feels it will hold up well. You really have to try one to "get" how much fun that is.

PattonWasRight
09-15-17, 15:05
I have been tempted by this. Glad u're enjoying. Price is absolutely on par, even under, what bicycles are selling for these days. Do you know how much it is to replace the battery?

jmp45
09-15-17, 15:21
I've been looking into these as an assist for long rides. This design has my attention over all others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLAQTott5a4

WillBrink
09-15-17, 15:33
I have been tempted by this. Glad u're enjoying. Price is absolutely on par, even under, what bicycles are selling for these days. Do you know how much it is to replace the battery?

No clue, so far no one I know has had to. They seem to last a long time.

I've been looking into these as an assist for long rides. This design has my attention over all others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLAQTott5a4

Now that's cool! Looks pricy. If heavily invested in traditional bikes, might make sense. If not, I'd go with a dedicated e bike.

jmp45
09-15-17, 16:19
Dedicated would be a better way. I really wouldn't want to mod our Treks.

Sondors thin looks like a reasonable entry level bike.

https://sondors.com/collections/north-america/products/sondors-thin-us-only-preorder?variant=41262548750

Hmac
09-16-17, 17:12
Wasn't really interested in e-bikes but am a big Yamaha fan and noticed that they're entering the market with their own bike (rather than just selling the motors for other brands). There aren't any bike shops around here that I'd trust to work on one of these things, but I have a great relationship with the Yamaha dealer and a Yamaha e-bike puts a little different spin on it.

There's an IMBA Silver-level mountain bike trail system here and they just received another $4.1 million in trail construction grants. Mountain biking is huge around here, but e-bikes aren't allowed on either the MTB trails or the extensive paved-trail network, nor on any of the snowmobile trails. Not sure where I'd be able to ride the thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=1VqIBglAS9o

WillBrink
09-16-17, 17:29
Wasn't really interested in e-bikes but am a big Yamaha fan and noticed that they're entering the market with their own bike (rather than just selling the motors for other brands). There aren't any bike shops around here that I'd trust to work on one of these things, but I have a great relationship with the Yamaha dealer and a Yamaha e-bike puts a little different spin on it.

There's an IMBA Silver-level mountain bike trail system here and they just received another $4.1 million in trail construction grants. Mountain biking is huge around here, but e-bikes aren't allowed on either the MTB trails or the extensive paved-trail network, nor on any of the snowmobile trails. Not sure where I'd be able to ride the thing.

I assure you'll find plenty of places. I did a 15 mile ride today that felt like 3-4. Averaged 16mph using peddle assist of 3 (goes 1-5) and probably just cruised on the electric for a good portion of that, and it dropped the charge by one bar out like 6. It's built like a tank. Above level 3 assist it's almost too easy, but it's also nice to cruise along when/of you don't feel like peddling. Peddle assist/electrics are clearly the next big thing in cycling. Mine can do either and that's a nice option. The Rad also allows the battery to be removed easily to recharge separate from the bike, an option that does not seem common with other ebikes from what I have seen so far. I also like the hub motor vs using the chain for added power as it puts more stress on the chain and related gear of the assist does so via the chain. I suspect the Yamaha will be a step up from the Rad, but the $ will reflect that.

Hmac
09-16-17, 17:44
I assure you'll find plenty of places. I did a 15 mile ride today that felt like 3-4. Averaged 16mph using peddle assist of 3 (goes 1-5) and probably just cruised on the electric for a good portion of that, and it dropped the charge by one bar out like 6. It's built like a tank. Above level 3 assist it's almost too easy, but it's also nice to cruise along when/of you don't feel like peddling. Peddle assist/electrics are clearly the next big thing in cycling. Mine can do either and that's a nice option. The Rad also allows the battery to be removed easily to recharge separate from the bike, an option that does not seem common with other ebikes from what I have seen so far. I also like the hub motor vs using the chain for added power as it puts more stress on the chain and related gear of the assist does so via the chain. I suspect the Yamaha will be a step up from the Rad, but the $ will reflect that.

I'm afraid I'd miss the workout. My options are to ride the the road (shoulders = dangerous), the extensive paved trail network (no ebikes allowed), or the mountain bike trails (no ebikes allowed). I'd be interested to try the technical challenge of riding the things on the trails. I think it would be fun to blast up those hard climbs (I keep getting passed uphill by the damn kids on the local high school mountain bike team) but that's not going to happen.

jmp45
09-20-17, 17:09
This 9kw e-bike would be a crazy ride. Check it out at about 10:50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIhfwjWuj-I

WillBrink
09-20-17, 17:27
This 9kw e-bike would be a crazy ride. Check it out at about 10:50.

More of a "juz cuz" project than much utility, but at least he didn't start the ride with "hold my beer"

Crazy SOB.

BrigandTwoFour
09-20-17, 19:50
I've been following the trend for a bit. There is definitely a lot of controversy among cycling enthusiasts, both MTB and the lycra-wearing road bike crowd.

My commute to work is a paltry 2 miles in Northern Virginia, which still takes an inexplicable amount of time, and riding my bike when the weather is convenient is a really nice change of pace from gridlock. I feel like an E-bike would offer the same experience while keeping me from getting a bit sweaty while pedaling up hills. I get that the purists out there feel like this doesn't count as real bicycling, but not everyone is that serious. It makes a lot of sense for people who want to use it for transportation.

WillBrink
09-20-17, 20:01
I've been following the trend for a bit. There is definitely a lot of controversy among cycling enthusiasts, both MTB and the lycra-wearing road bike crowd.

My commute to work is a paltry 2 miles in Northern Virginia, which still takes an inexplicable amount of time, and riding my bike when the weather is convenient is a really nice change of pace from gridlock. I feel like an E-bike would offer the same experience while keeping me from getting a bit sweaty while pedaling up hills. I get that the purists out there feel like this doesn't count as real bicycling, but not everyone is that serious. It makes a lot of sense for people who want to use it for transportation.

I aint gonna lie, don't give a damn what purists think and it's generally purists on any topic that are the greatest resistance to change, change for the better. E bikes takes cycling to another level of flexibility and options and until you spend some time with one, you can't really understand it.

Hmac
09-20-17, 20:21
I aint gonna lie, don't give a damn what purists think and it's generally purists on any topic that are the greatest resistance to change, change for the better. E bikes takes cycling to another level of flexibility and options and until you spend some time with one, you can't really understand it.
The problem is, they're don't. At least not in the current regulatory environment. They could, but they are illegal to ride on the vast majority of bicycle trail systems in the US.

It will be interesting to see how the MTB set deals with this going forward as e-bikes become more commonplace. I note, for example, that Yamaha (has been making e-bike motors for for other brands for awhile) will be entering the e-bike market this year with a Yamaha-branded machine. I think that signals the beginning of a rapidly increasing number of players in the e-bike market in this country.

You're right...the MTB folks are generally livid about e-bikes. I've weighed in on a couple of those discussions on one of the MTB forums and keep trying to get an answer to the question..."what's the problem with e-bikes on mountain biking trails?" The only semi-rational explanation I've heard is "Twice the average speed with the same downhill speeds (more or less) means at least twice the climbing speed. Higher speeds lead to more negative interactions with other users." IOW, they don't really have a good argument. They're just offended by the evolution of the sport away from pedaling, like they've been doing since the early 19th century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiWOKCdFU_g

WillBrink
09-20-17, 21:36
The problem is, they're don't. At least not in the current regulatory environment. They could, but they are illegal to ride on the vast majority of bicycle trail systems in the US.

It will be interesting to see how the MTB set deals with this going forward as e-bikes become more commonplace. I note, for example, that Yamaha (has been making e-bike motors for for other brands for awhile) will be entering the e-bike market this year with a Yamaha-branded machine. I think that signals the beginning of a rapidly increasing number of players in the e-bike market in this country.

You're right...the MTB folks are generally livid about e-bikes. I've weighed in on a couple of those discussions on one of the MTB forums and keep trying to get an answer to the question..."what's the problem with e-bikes on mountain biking trails?" The only semi-rational explanation I've heard is "Twice the average speed with the same downhill speeds (more or less) means at least twice the climbing speed. Higher speeds lead to more negative interactions with other users." IOW, they don't really have a good argument. They're just offended by the evolution of the sport away from pedaling, like they've been doing since the early 19th century.

I didn't get the ebike for trails so it's a non issue to me at this time.

Hmac
09-20-17, 21:59
I didn't get the ebike for trails so it's a non issue to me at this time.

None of my comments are aimed at you. In my world, e-MTB is the focus of interest and one that is a key area for promoting sales, if they ever become legal. I do know that the MTB’rs and Lycra crowd don’t care even the slightest bit about your e-bike if you’re not riding on bicycle-specific trails.

WillBrink
09-21-17, 16:09
People that want an ebike that can fold up and be easy to transport, etc but is not some little toy thing, the RadMini Folding Fat Tire Bike should be top of the list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLhrpY-og14

Outlander Systems
09-21-17, 16:25
Will, I've been riding an Analog Fat Bike for a minute.

And **** the purists bro.

What's the verdict so far? What's the battery range, in your estimation?

WillBrink
09-21-17, 17:09
Will, I've been riding an Analog Fat Bike for a minute.

And **** the purists bro.

What's the verdict so far? What's the battery range, in your estimation?

Verdict so far is win win. It's built like a tank (approx 70lbs), rides like it weighs nothing, and can go over just about anything and places other bikes simply can't like deep sand, mud, etc between the big fat tires and extra juice the bike can deliver as needed. It can be as easy or as hard as you want, and looks cool to boot. I have done 20+ miles and the battery about 2/3 full, so the estimated 30-50 miles (depending on conditions) estimated ranges seems about right to me, but have not had enough time to do detailed tracking of that. End of the day, it's a blast to ride and that's what one should get from their riding experience in my view, and it delivers that in spades for me.

As with a lot of things, no purists should comment without actually spending time on one before passing judgements.

Outlander Systems
09-21-17, 17:20
Will, Roger that.

Thanks. This is now officially on my short list.

Hmac
09-21-17, 18:18
As with a lot of things, no purists should comment without actually spending time on one before passing judgements.

Yup...as with a lot of things.

Anyway, no "purists" in this thread.

Mr. Goodtimes
09-21-17, 22:27
This isn't meant to be offensive towards anyone, just my objective opinion.

I'm a "purist" I suppose. I've been mountain biking most of my adult life. Prior to starting medic school I was riding around 150 miles a week on trails.

I've spent time on an e bike and found it interesting, however, to me I find it a bit ridiculous for the average person. If your seventy and it's the only way you can pedal a bike, it makes sense. If you're 40 with no chronic health problems, you should be on a regular bike if you're riding recreationally and fitness is any part of that equation. S

- Healthy, mobile people should be riding a regular bike.

- E bikes are heavy and not as nimble as a regular mountain bike.

- Around here if you can't physically pedal a regular mountain bike then you may as well just buy a dirt bike because the E bikes are banned from a lot of the mountain bike trails as they are heavier and more destructive than a regular mountain bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmac
09-21-17, 22:44
I stand corrected.

tb-av
09-21-17, 22:53

On the beach??

Hmac
09-21-17, 23:05
On the beach??

http://www.fatbmx.com/uploads4/2013Q4/wk49/pinupfattires.jpg

I’ve never ridden on the beach, but a fat bike in the snow is a blast.

Mr. Goodtimes
09-22-17, 05:27
On the beach??

Anywhere. Fat bikes are the shit for beach riding. They're also great on the trails.

Outlander Systems
09-22-17, 07:25
Agreed. I ride around drained lakes in the winter on a fatty.

No way I could do it on a trad MTB.

Anywhere. Fat bikes are the shit for beach riding. They're also great on the trails.

Hmac
09-22-17, 07:56

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMy full-suspension Farley is all I ride on the trails these days.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-22-17, 08:12
My full-suspension Farley is all I ride on the trails these days.

$3,500-$5,000 for a Trek? Holy crap, I just realized that my Mountain bike is 25 years old.

My friends saw me riding my mountain bike after we graduated from college, and they all just assumed I had gotten a DUI.

tb-av
09-22-17, 08:44
Wow, I had no idea you could pedal a bike on the beach. I was actually surprised that eBike was running where it was.

WillBrink
09-22-17, 09:02
This isn't meant to be offensive towards anyone, just my objective opinion.

I'm a "purist" I suppose. I've been mountain biking most of my adult life. Prior to starting medic school I was riding around 150 miles a week on trails.

I've spent time on an e bike and found it interesting, however, to me I find it a bit ridiculous for the average person. If your seventy and it's the only way you can pedal a bike, it makes sense. If you're 40 with no chronic health problems, you should be on a regular bike if you're riding recreationally and fitness is any part of that equation. S

- E bikes are heavy and not as nimble as a regular mountain bike.

- Around here if you can't physically pedal a regular mountain bike then you may as well just buy a dirt bike because the E bikes are banned from a lot of the mountain bike trails as they are heavier and more destructive than a regular mountain bike.

Why? Two, for me, has nadda to do with mountain biking and will likely never take it on a MB trails. I get a lot of exercise as it is, and as mentioned, can make it as difficult or as easy as I want/need, and the big tires and assist allows me to go places I wouldn't or couldn't. I think it's simply a matter of taking into account what the person wants from the experience, and other factors. You want commute to work but don't want to be sweaty when you get there for example. Then when you want to get some more challenging exercise you use low or no assist, making it as or far more difficult than a normal bike. I have been doing something of HIIT routine with it for example. I do not feel the term "should" applies here. As always, tools in the tool box and options. For me, the ebike opens up a whole bunch of options and experience I can't get form a regular bike.

WillBrink
11-07-17, 10:28
Some follow up. Now that I have had some time, I'm more enthusiastic about them than ever. I have come to realize they are not just a bike with a battery attached, but a unique mode of transportation, neither bicycle, not scooter, nor motorcycle. I can only comment on mine, but there's no going back for me. I'm going further and fast than I normally would on a bike, and most importantly to me, having a blast doing. Like it or not (And many don't per article below...), they will be a major mode of transportation for many in the neat future.

Good article covers a lot of ground on current issues, debates, etc. My one comment to this article:

Author says: "It didn’t help that I was on an e-bike. Everyone hates e-bikes." meh. Maybe in NYC the do, I can't say. Everywhere I go I get Qs, complements and "man, gotta get one of those!" responses once I tell them how much fun they are, etc they are. NYC (where I grew up...) has a very specific bike culture to go along with that cities unique culture in other areas. Like say guns, many in NYC may not be pro gun, where as someone in TX, FL, or NH, pro gun and so forth dependent on existing culture and other factors. No doubt many bike purists don't like them, and frankly I don't give a damn. NYC also hates the bike messengers (ask me how I know...) and yet they are all over the place, or at least they were when I was there.

Article:

Everyone hates e-bikes
E-bikes could be the future of urban transit, but no one wants to let them on the road.

https://theoutline.com/post/2447/everyone-hates-e-bikes

WillBrink
11-27-17, 09:45
Good article in the NYT:

"E-bikes can enhance the cycling experience for all kinds of riders, from novices to committed commuters who want to extend their routes without arriving at the office soaked in perspiration, said Murray Washburn, the director of global marketing for Cannondale. The technology also encourages owners to ride more often, safe in the knowledge that they can get a boost should they encounter steep hills or become fatigued far from home.'

Cont:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/23/business/e-bikes-electric-bicycles.html?referer=http%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F