PDA

View Full Version : Llama .45 pistols

Hal Plummer
09-09-17, 20:18
I just purchased a nib one for $400.00
and have never shot it yet . Good bad or otherwise ? It feels very smooth and tight . Please comment your experiences please

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feline
09-09-17, 20:27
Seriously?

AR-n-Ky
09-09-17, 20:38
Well I had a friend that had one for years and it served him well.

It was reliable, fairly reasonable accurate . So I guess that they made some good ones.

At the time it was all he could afford and it worked, so it was at least better than a sharp stick.

I don't know if it would be something I would trust as a defensive weapon, but if it proved it's self, and it was all that I had.....

What's that saying? It's better than a sharp stick....

I wouldn't have a problem with one as a range toy, so if that's the roll it's playing, who really cares. Have fun with it.

Arik
09-09-17, 20:55
Overpaid by $399.

Seriously though they were of mixed quality. Some we're ok some not so much goes for most Spanish guns (Lima, Star, Astra).

There was a whole cottage industry around Llama Astra and Star firearms in Ebar Spain. Many small companies made parts. Some were semi profe some were mom and pop shops. Quality varied from shop to shop, heat treatment varied.

If you want one just as a collection....cool! Otherwise I wouldn't take them seriously.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MegademiC
09-09-17, 21:42
Seriously?

This. You already bought it, why ask. Tell us about it.
But more importantly, this is the ar general discussion forum. This belongs in the handgun subforum.

Hal Plummer
09-09-17, 21:43
Thanks everyone for your comments

Iraqgunz
09-09-17, 22:04
Next time, try looking at where you are putting your post.

Thanks everyone for your comments