PDA

View Full Version : Would Be Attacker on Sheriff of King County WA

CLHC
09-10-17, 19:06
Video of an indigent running towards Sheriff and KCSO Chief of Staff with a "deadly weapon" before stopping short.

http://www.seattletimes.com/video/5569495524001/confrontation-between-sheriff-urquhart-and-man-charged-with-assault/

Sheriff stood his ground(?) while his CS backs away and draws his sidearm. Interesting situation here especially with the Sheriff and his demeanor?

Averageman
09-10-17, 19:25
There is a big difference between standing your ground and being oblivious to what's going on around you.
That looks more like befuddled than balls.

Inkslinger
09-10-17, 19:42
There is a big difference between standing your ground and being oblivious to what's going on around you.
That looks more like befuddled than balls.

Exactly. The guy with the blue shirt acted accordingly, the other guy was having a "deer in the headlights" moment.

Vandal
09-11-17, 00:29
Video of an indigent running towards Sheriff and KCSO Chief of Staff with a "deadly weapon" before stopping short.

http://www.seattletimes.com/video/5569495524001/confrontation-between-sheriff-urquhart-and-man-charged-with-assault/

Sheriff stood his ground(?) while his CS backs away and draws his sidearm. Interesting situation here especially with the Sheriff and his demeanor?

Sheriff Urqhart looked lost in that video, like he wasn't sure what to do. Hesitation can get you killed and he froze. I'm not surprised based on the way he runs his office.

Moose-Knuckle
09-11-17, 04:20
I'm surprised more people are not attacked outside court houses.

That guy could have done some damage had he really wanted to. I wonder if he even knew who they were? Possible he's just another homeless schizo doing what homeless schizos do.

At first, I thought he was wearing traditional muslim garb but I guess that was a shirt of some sort he as tied around his waist, hard to tell in that vid.

Bulletdog
09-11-17, 09:13
Did he yell "BOO!!!" when he got close to them. Cause that's what it looked like.

Felony assault? Did he even touch them? Looks like the COP should be charged with felony-not-watching-your-six, or felony-condition-white-in-public.

Bulletdog
09-11-17, 09:14
Did he yell "BOO!!!" when he got close to them. Cause that's what it looked like.

Felony assault? Did he even touch them? Looks like the COP should be charged with felony-not-watching-your-six, or felony-condition-white-in-public.

Averageman
09-11-17, 11:38
I was reminded of those prison yard video's where someone gets shanked.
I'm surprised at his lack of attention and his reaction and reaction time.
Being that these guys regularly interact with former convicts I am surprised he isn't aware of how fast this could have gone bad for him with someone armed with little more than a sharpend spoon.

Moose-Knuckle
09-12-17, 04:50
I was reminded of those prison yard video's where someone gets shanked.
I'm surprised at his lack of attention and his reaction and reaction time.
Being that these guys regularly interact with former convicts I am surprised he isn't aware of how fast this could have gone bad for him with someone armed with little more than a sharpend spoon.

Sheriffs are elected officials, not all of them have prior LE experience. Once they are elected they are allotted amount of time to obtain their peace officer's license. Even if this Sheriff was prior LE, he's been riding a desk for a LONG time at this point so his SA is probably non-existent.

titsonritz
09-12-17, 12:43
There was a whole lot of derp before, during and after with this one. Wandering aimlessly around that intersection, lucky they weren't ran over by some texting idiot.