PDA

View Full Version : Bindon Aiming concept

josey88
10-06-08, 19:16
I am in the process of deciding which scope to get. I am in between the TR20 and the TR20-2 Trijicon scopes. The first has an amber triangle and the Bindon Aim Concept ... the second has a traditional cross hair !!! Since I will be using the rifle mostly to shoot in the Range, 100 and 200 yards, etc , no hunting at all whatsoever, which scope should I get, guys ? I am leaning towards the TR20-2 with the traditional cross lines , but this Bindon concept thing , with two eyes open , is intriguing ...Will this work for the range or for hunting ? As I said previously, I like the TR20-2 but I would really like some input here ... I will apreciate any replies...Thanks josey88

Parabellum9x19mm
10-06-08, 20:03
if the furthest you are shooting is 200 yards, the TR20-2 might be a bit over-scoped for your application.

consider a TR21 perhaps? it would be better for a multi-role gun, from plinking to defense purposes.

josey88
10-06-08, 20:23
Hi, parabellum9x9mm : Yes, I did consider that , but, I am in my late fifties and my vision, while still good, is not what it was 20 years ago , so I thought that I will be needing a little more magnification ...and I will like the capability of 3 or 400 yards too, if I can . Originally my choice was the TR21 . Am I doing the wrong reasoning here ? I would love the TR21, it is even cheaper !!! In truth, I think that 1.5-4x24 is not going to be enough for accurate shooting at 200 yards , at least for me, so that is why the main reason to get more magnification !!! Please,let me know if ,according to your experience on this subjects , am wrong and the TR21 will suffice ... Thanks again

Parabellum9x19mm
10-06-08, 20:46
if you are only shooting small paper targets at 200-400 yards a 3-9 TR20-2 will be a good choice. i would pick the 20-2 over the 20. the mildot will help from going from 200 yards to 300, as the drop is significant.

if your targets are larger you certainly can use a 1-4 TR21....but if its primarily for plinking/grouping, i also prefer more magnification. i'm using a 4-16x for my longer range plinking.

you're probably making a sound choice. i was also considering a TR20-2 (because i love my TR21 so much), but i decided to get a Nikon Monarch instead and i'm quite happy with it.

josey88
10-06-08, 20:54
Well, it is decided , then ... I will get the TR20-2 on a La Rue SPR- LT104 QD mount . So , I was reasoning correctly ... I am happy that my choice is done , and done correctly. Thanks so much, as always , for your great help !!! josey88