PDA

View Full Version : Quick Pmag question

.357sigger
10-06-08, 19:33
I already know the answer to this but I thought I would ask it any ways....

Should there be any differences in size, fit, and function between a 20, 30 or 30 round pmag w/window? Is there a Pmag rep on this board?

.357sigger
10-06-08, 19:37
I am being vague on this because I want to try and resolve this if it can be discussed with a pmag rep first.

tpe187
10-06-08, 19:52
If you're having an issue, just contact MAGPUL and they will take care of you.

I've had extensive experience with the PMAG, you can look up my screen name for the write ups. I have experienced some that won't drop free, but that was in an especially tight lower's magwell. In that instance, a little sanding in the right place will often fix the problem. In my opinion, the PMAG is worth the effort to make it work in your lower/rifle.

There are so many variations in the dimensions that manufactures use, that you ocassionally get a lower that is really tight with the PMAG. Magpul could have made the mags really loose, but I don't think they would be as reliable.

Again, if you don't want to do anything to the mag, just contact MAGPUL and they will take care of you.

Stickman
10-06-08, 19:57
There is a difference in followers and curve. If you are feeling a difference, that could be it, but there isn't enough info to really make a call.

Shoot NickB an IM if you have questions that need to be answered, he is a Magpul Rep and posts here on a regular basis. Nick is a good guy and will give you straight info. He is also on this board more than any of the other Magpul crew, so he should be able to answer you pretty quick.

.357sigger
10-06-08, 19:59
Thanks guys I appreciate the help...