PDA

View Full Version : My first HK

artoter
09-12-17, 18:04
I picked this up yesterday, and took it shooting this morning. Wow. It's a great shooting gun.
https://i.imgur.com/mYPLPTn.jpg
Now, I want to save up for the P30 Compact....these HK's are pretty nice. ;)

BrigandTwoFour
09-12-17, 19:23
Looks nice!

The VP9 is still high on my list. I still kick myself for giving up my go-to USP-C years ago.

Wheelhouse
09-12-17, 19:27
Nice - I love my VP9 and would like to get one of these at some point. I'm anxious to see it with the 13 round mag that is supposed to be coming out - should be the perfect length grip for me to get a full grip on.

RND
09-12-17, 19:36
Much mo' better choices in the H&K lineup than VP(sk) series.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-13-17, 00:16
Much mo' better choices in the H&K lineup than VP(sk) series.

Wow, that's quite the statement. For what application would you suggest "mo' better" choices. Maybe an HK45 Tactical for concealed carry?

I imagine the OP purchased this pistol for concealed carry in mind, and if so he made a fine choice.

Feline
09-13-17, 07:47
Excellent choice. Best striker-fired pistol on the market.

Pilot1
09-13-17, 08:34
I've had two USP Tactical .45's both with the intent of getting a can that I never got, so I sold them. Good guns, but after shooting a CZ-97B, I knew I found the .45 I wanted to keep. I think HK reached its pinnacle with the P7, and P9, but I am old school. The newer guns, USP series, P-30, etc are all excellent as well, just not my preference.

RND
09-13-17, 12:03
Wow, that's quite the statement. For what application would you suggest "mo' better" choices. Maybe an HK45 Tactical for concealed carry?

I imagine the OP purchased this pistol for concealed carry in mind, and if so he made a fine choice.

To answer your question, only if it has suppressor-height sights.

Feline
09-13-17, 15:20
Although they make excellent products, HK corporate staff has been infiltrated by the libtards, and some f'ed-in-the-head individuals.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/sep/08/germany-deadliest-company-stop-selling-guns-crisis-regions-heckler-and-koch

Heckler & Koch, the German weapons manufacturer whose guns are estimated to have killed more than 2 million people since the company was founded in 1949, has quietly adopted the most ethical sales policy of any gunmaker in the world.

The company has pledged no longer to sell arms into warzones or to countries that violate corruption and democracy standards, including Saudi Arabia, Israel, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, or any African countries.

Though never officially announced, the new strategy was included in Heckler & Koch’s latest yearly financial report, and confirmed at an annual general meeting in August. A spokesman said that the firm had “withdrawn from the crisis regions of this world”.

“This is a company that had one of the most terrible reputations – in all the podium discussions I’ve done in the last few years, the other arms companies used to say, ‘We’re not like Heckler & Koch, we’re morally better.’ Now Heckler & Koch has come along and said, ‘We’re not delivering to the Middle East anymore’. It’ll be interesting to see what happens now.”

KentuckyWindage
09-13-17, 17:05
Although they make excellent products, HK corporate staff has been infiltrated by the libtards, and some f'ed-in-the-head individuals.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/sep/08/germany-deadliest-company-stop-selling-guns-crisis-regions-heckler-and-koch

Not seeing how this is any different than US companies not selling to California or NY.

SiGfever
09-13-17, 17:51
My USPc .40 is the smoothest shooting forty that I have shot. Just feels damn good in the hand also.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-13-17, 18:03
Excellent firearm. You done good.