PDA

View Full Version : Hillary's "What Happened": Well, Amazon's Reviewers are TELLING her

Doc Safari
09-13-17, 14:49
Below is a sampling of one-star reviews of Hillary Clinton's new book "What Happened" as published on Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/What-Happened-Hillary-Rodham-Clinton/dp/1501175564/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1505331871&sr=1-1&keywords=what+happened+hillary+clinton

Top customer reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars
Plenty of blame to go around, but none for the candidate herself?
ByGlennman8on September 13, 2017

Format: Hardcover

Clinton blames everyone but herself in this memoir of a failed Presidential candidate. I guess this is what happens when the losing candidate tries to publish a book complaining about losing an election. I don't think I've seen this before in my lifetime. Don't bother buying it now, the book is garbage, just terrible. BUT, if you have a passing interest in reading it, just wait a few months, the half price book stores will be flooded with them. I'd bet they'll even have some autographed copies there. Yes. It's that bad.

3 comments
|
202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
I read this book hoping to gain some key insight ...
ByD. Mackon September 13, 2017

I read this book hoping to gain some key insight into the Clinton campaign, but instead all I got was a muddled mess of excuses for the supposedly most qualified candidate ever to run for president losing to someone who had never run for any office. Throughout the book, Hillary can't comprehend the pulse of the everyday American and at one point inexplicably interprets the message of 1984 by George Orwell as being "people have to trust their leaders more". Did she even read that book? If she had, maybe she'd understand why people weren't keen on her.

15 comments
|
400 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
Should be titled, "WAAAAHHH IT'S NOT MY FAULT"
ByJasminon September 13, 2017

Seriously, if I wanted to hear about how someone's failure is on everyone but them, I'll talk to my 3 year old when she breaks something. Oh wait, my 3 year old even knows how to accept her failures as her own.

9 comments
|
119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
One Star
ByK. Sayreon September 13, 2017

A book full of excuses as to why she lost

Comment
|
124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
Siri is the narrator I think
Byalex lon September 13, 2017

|
Verified Purchase

I got the audiobook and its haunting.

Comment
|
97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
Worth the time
ByReal Audiophileon September 13, 2017

This book is worth the time if you are looking for a comedy. I just got through this train wreck and realized it is a book of excuses. Very painful to read. Wait until it hits the .99 cent bin in a week or two.

review image

11 comments
|
278 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
One Star
ByLinda Eon September 13, 2017

Go Home to Bill

3 comments
|
100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
One Star
Byanomon September 13, 2017

sad book of excuses

Comment
|
127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
Absolutely the worst book I've ever heard it's basically Hillary just deluding ...
ByAlex Sonnenfeldton September 12, 2017

Format: Audible Audio Edition
|
Verified Purchase
I paid $25 and struggled to *listen* for 20 minutes. Absolutely the worst book I've ever heard it's basically Hillary just deluding and speaking nonsense nonstop.

27 comments
|
1,748 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
Anything and everything but herself .. 'Covfefe'
ByRJ Parker, Ph.Don September 12, 2017

Format: Kindle Edition
|
Verified Purchase
It's pathetic and immature that Clinton can't accept personal responsibility for her loss. She was a terrible candidate and had a hard time defeating Bernie. Only for the super-delegates in California, Bernie would have beaten her.

But, according to Hillary, 'What Happened' was ...

Suburban women didn't like her
The Russians interferred
The FBI and James Comey
Facebook
Twitter
Wikileaks
Bernie Sanders
TV Executives
Cable News
Fake News
The Democrats
The Republicans
Low informed voters
The 'Deplorables'
Content farms in Macedonia
Obama winning two terms
Bad polling numbers

But of course Donald Trump didn't play any part in her losing. She simply did not connect with people. To her it was like she had an entitlement because of her name.

My take: the level of rationalizing this woman is capable of just defies credulity. Like a drug addict who refuses to admit his addiction, Hillary could very well go to her grave unable to admit that her problems were largely caused by her.

ABNAK
09-13-17, 15:00
And yet half this damn country voted for the hag. Go figure.....:rolleyes:

Doc Safari
09-13-17, 15:02
More. Some of these are quite funny

Top customer reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars
Such a sad book, a bunch a gibberish
Bypatrick Hardyon September 13, 2017

Such a sad book, a bunch a gibberish. Can't believe I bought this and made the Clintons even richer.

2 comments
|
67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
Most qualified person in the country loses....wha happened????????
ByAbigail Adamson September 12, 2017

It was fascinating learning how the "most qualified person in the country" is a victim of the same Russians she sold 25% of our Uranium mines to. I never realized this powerful pants suit aficionado would lose only because of other white women, Bernie Sanders, Barack Obama, Jill Stein, James Comey, poor voter data, voter suppression, sexism, racism, the New York Times, that G-dforsaken electoral college, bad polling, voter ID laws, gullible Americans, and most of all, fake news. To think this strong, dynamic, deep thinking, selfless humanitarian could have been our POTUS brings actual tears to me eyes. My only solace is that now she and her loving life partner Bill can now spend more quality time together. I hear a close personal friend has offered them a second honeymoon on his private Little Saint James island, it's well deserved!

1 comment
|
137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
Worked Well
ByDirtBirdon September 11, 2017

I have a table with a short leg. This worked perfectly.

3 comments
|
138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
What happened?
ByIsaacon September 11, 2017

What happened is she can not take responsibility for many of her own actions and blames her failure on sexism.

Ironically, it's things like this that cause people on the fence go to the other side just to spite her.

4 comments
|
103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
Time travel science fiction ...better than Star Trek
ByBernie Sanderson September 11, 2017

This is the best science fiction book I have read in years. I love the alternative universe part! The space aliens pretending to be Russian Hackers is especially creative. Skip the love scenes with Bill...that's a little out there.

1 comment
|
104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
One Star
Byjameson September 11, 2017

don't bother with this garbage. buy Dangerous instead it's much better. but maybe not as funny.

Comment
|
44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
One Star
Byapalegreenhorseon September 11, 2017

A sad, delusional, badly written hallucination. What an ugly waste.

1 comment
|
60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

1.0 out of 5 stars
One Star
ByAmazon Customeron September 10, 2017

Terrible book of lies.

Comment
|
78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No
Report abuse

See all verified purchase reviews (newest first)

Write a customer review

26 Inf
09-13-17, 15:27
Doc Glockster posted: More. Some of these are quite funny

Sorry dude, typical fake news headline, there aren't more.

First, did not vote for Hilary, would not have voted for Hilary under any circumstances I could foresee.

Second, realize I'm shouting into the echo chamber.

Amazon shows 444 reviews, 95% five star; 1% four star; 1% three star and 3% one start. Not really an epic slamming by any means.

Overwhelmingly folks who would buy HC's book are true disciples. Apparently among those true disciples are 2% (four and three star votes) honest enough to admit that the book, and apparently the author herself, are not perfect.

So that leaves us with the 3%, or 13 of 444 folks who may have bought the book out of morbid curiosity to see what the Great Sataness had to say.

So it is surprising and noteworthy to you that they ripped her?

Doc Safari
09-13-17, 15:33
Doc Glockster posted: More. Some of these are quite funny

Sorry dude, typical fake news headline, there aren't more.

First, did not vote for Hilary, would not have voted for Hilary under any circumstances I could foresee.

Second, realize I'm shouting into the echo chamber.

Amazon shows 444 reviews, 95% five star; 1% four star; 1% three star and 3% one start. Not really an epic slamming by any means.

Overwhelmingly folks who would buy HC's book are true disciples. Apparently among those true disciples are 2% (four and three star votes) honest enough to admit that the book, and apparently the author herself, are not perfect.

So that leaves us with the 3%, or 13 of 444 folks who may have bought the book out of morbid curiosity to see what the Great Sataness had to say.

So it is surprising and noteworthy to you that they ripped her?

I read from some other sources that Amazon deleted some 900 reviews, a lot of which were posted before the book was even released. The ones I posted above are the remaining ones. So there were indeed some fake ones. That's beside the point. The point is that people hate this bitch so intensely that they couldn't wait to savage her new book.

glocktogo
09-13-17, 15:41
If anyone savaged her book, it's she herself with all the interviews about who is to blame except for her. Why would any sane person want to read a book filled with incessant whining? :confused:

ggammell
09-13-17, 17:32
Hillary could very well go to her grave unable to admit that she was dead.

Fixed it for you.

Doc Safari
09-13-17, 17:35
Fixed it for you.

"Hillary could very well go to her grave unable to admit that she was dead."

That's some funny shit right there.

LoboTBL
09-13-17, 18:30
"Hillary could very well go to her grave unable to admit that she was dead."

That's some funny shit right there.

https://youtu.be/Jdf5EXo6I68?t=50s

Dienekes
09-13-17, 18:32
Well, this ain't it.

But worth a listen anyway:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xOwSaSl_PGk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOwSaSl_PGk&app=desktop

bighawk
09-13-17, 18:36
Amazon appears to be deleting negative reviews..

titsonritz
09-13-17, 18:52

ABNAK
09-13-17, 18:53
I gotta admit, that was pretty damned funny!

titsonritz
09-13-17, 18:59
Who would buy a book written by that toad let alone think it was going to anything other than a hunk of shit?

NYH1
09-13-17, 19:17
NICE! ;)

NYH1.

TMS951
09-13-17, 20:16
I sat and read a number of reviews earlier for laughs. Good stuff.

I have seen multiple sources across the web claiming 1 star reviews are being taken down. Nothing to indicate if these reviews were from verified purchases or not. (Not to say that matters to validity of reviews but does to amazons deleting reviews or not.)

Grand58742
09-13-17, 20:28
I sat and read a number of reviews earlier for laughs. Good stuff.

I have seen multiple sources across the web claiming 1 star reviews are being taken down. Nothing to indicate if these reviews were from verified purchases or not. (Not to say that matters to validity of reviews but does to amazons deleting reviews or not.)

Yeah, but you can bet a lot of those 5 star ratings aren't valid either.

"Greatest book I ever read and kept me wanting more" or some silly nonsense. That's pretty much meaning "I didn't read the book, but felt like leaving a five star rating since she was MY candidate and should have been President."

Pilot1
09-13-17, 20:33
Amazon = Jeff Bezos, far left, mega billionaire. FAR LEFT. He also owns the Washington Post. Need I say more?

VARIABLE9
09-13-17, 20:52
Can I buy it from Amazon, then return it as Defective for not telling the truth?

Kain
09-13-17, 20:57
Can I buy it from Amazon, then return it as Defective for not telling the truth?

I am pretty sure B&N has a 14 day return policy, never used it, mind you, but that is an option if you want to read it. Of course I'd question your sanity for wishing to do so, but that is your own sanity, I have to do my best to retain what little I have left.

26 Inf
09-13-17, 21:10
That was great. Off to listen to the actual Gordon Lightfoot.

MountainRaven
09-13-17, 23:20
And yet half this damn country voted for the hag. Go figure.....:rolleyes:

No. Less than twenty percent of the country voted for her.

Moose-Knuckle
09-14-17, 04:34
So this happened at Hillary's blame game manual signing . . .

:lol:

“Hi, it’s so great to see you. Thanks for having me,” said Loomer. “So the American people would really like to know what happened to your 33,000 emails?”

“Hahahah,” Clinton said back.

“What happened in Benghazi?” asked Loomer.

“Go read the book,” answered Clinton.

“What happened to the millions of dollars that was supposed to go to the people in Haiti?” Loomer asked, referring to the millions of dollars in earthquake relief donations the Clintons were reportedly in charge of. “What happened to Seth Rich?

What happened to your health Hillary?”
“You know what, I’m so sorry you believe things that are untrue,” Hillary replied. “Read the book.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=qwsLK3HdZKk

flenna
09-14-17, 04:48

That song was great, awesome. I find it hard to believe that she can write a blame everyone book and then go on a whining book signing tour and people line up for it. But I guess as long as she sticks to the few blue counties out there the suckers will make it a success, or at least pad her pockets even more.

ABNAK
09-14-17, 04:52
No. Less than twenty percent of the country voted for her.

Okay, half of those who voted did so for the hag. Better?

MegademiC
09-14-17, 05:51
Okay, half of those who voted did so for the hag. Better?

Is it not true that absentee ballots are not counted unless necessary?

Pilot1
09-14-17, 06:05
It seems Amazon is purposely deleting a lot of the negative reviews.

NYH1
09-14-17, 09:00
I saw on the new this morning that she wants to change the electoral college. Hey, you can't win....change the rules baby!

NYH1.

flenna
09-14-17, 09:21
I saw on the new this morning that she wants to change the electoral college. Hey, you can't win....change the rules baby!

NYH1.
Regardless of what CNN and Harvard professors say, our Founding Fathers were genius and visionary. The reason they created the electoral college is so that New York, Chicago and Los Angeles alone don't elect our president.

Bulletdog
09-14-17, 09:26
If anyone savaged her book, it's she herself with all the interviews about who is to blame except for her. Why would any sane person want to read a book filled with incessant whining? :confused:

Why would any sane person want her to be the POTUS?

It seems we have a large number of insane people walking around our country.

skywalkrNCSU
09-14-17, 09:31
As Kev would say, this is just DELISH. The dems are super pissed at Hildog going on her giant loser tour and even clowns like Piers Morgan are railing against her

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4880156/PIERS-MORGAN-happened-Hillary-loser.html

Doc Safari
09-14-17, 09:31
I fully agree with Amazon deleting bogus reviews. Part of the appeal of ordering from Amazon is that you have some confidence the reviewers are genuine experiencers sharing their honest impressions. Bogus reviews threaten the integrity of the whole reviewing process.

However...I enjoy reading the funny reviews regardless if they are real or not. The woman inspires such hatred that it often manifests itself in hilarious ways.

And I agree that it's not just the overtly negative reviews that might be suspect; anyone giving such a piece of trash five stars is likely a fanboy or girl reviewing her candidacy and not her book.

chuckman
09-14-17, 10:07

NYH1.

There is a group that is trying to end-run the Constitution by enabling change of the EC at the state level. It's not gaining a lot of traction, but it's there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact

Ak44
09-14-17, 11:51
Well shes making money off the book so I guess it's a consolation prize.

NYH1
09-14-17, 12:30
Regardless of what CNN and Harvard professors say, our Founding Fathers were genius and visionary. The reason they created the electoral college is so that New York, Chicago and Los Angeles alone don't elect our president.
Right.

NYH1.

There is a group that is trying to end-run the Constitution by enabling change of the EC at the state level. It's not gaining a lot of traction, but it's there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact
We'll see how it go's I guess.

NYH1.

Well shes making money off the book so I guess it's a consolation prize.
Well the "clinton fraudation" prolly aint what it was....gotta make a buck somehow!

NYH1.

glocktogo
09-14-17, 13:09
As Kev would say, this is just DELISH. The dems are super pissed at Hildog going on her giant loser tour and even clowns like Piers Morgan are railing against her

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4880156/PIERS-MORGAN-happened-Hillary-loser.html

There hasn't been a more whiny, self-pitying, deluded load of literary claptrap than Hillary's new book...

and:

Hillary ran a diabolically elitist and blinkered campaign that basically boiled down to this mantra: 'Trump's disgusting, his supporters are a basket of deplorable idiots, I'm a brilliant woman, my husband used to be President, and I have lots of rich, famous friends – so vote for me.'

Awesome! LOL

Firefly
09-14-17, 15:43
And thus the 21st Century Bell Jar is committed to literature

Averageman
09-14-17, 16:03
Bill and Hillary are the modern version of Thurston and Luvy Howell.

ralph
09-14-17, 16:28
Bill and Hillary are the modern version of Thurston and Luvy Howell.

Except Thurston and Luvy were pretty much harmless, Bill and Hillary? They'll have you killed if you get in the way, or know too much...

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-14-17, 18:47
She lost to a black guy who knows nothing and an orange guy who says he knows everything. Gore says hurricanes are causing more hurricanes, so hurricanes stop for ten years.

There is a God, and he's got my kind of sick sense of humor.

Someone has to ask her if the deal she made with Bill to stay with him for him helping her run for POTUS was worth it.

platoonDaddy
09-14-17, 19:09
Jake had only 8, Hillary had 43

https://youtu.be/QZqfxoCYfxw

tb-av
09-14-17, 21:53
She lost to a black guy who knows nothing and an orange guy who says he knows everything. Gore says hurricanes are causing more hurricanes, so hurricanes stop for ten years.

There is a God, and he's got my kind of sick sense of humor.

Someone has to ask her if the deal she made with Bill to stay with him for him helping her run for POTUS was worth it.

LOL,,, and that all may be the only truth she knows in her miserable life.