PDA

View Full Version : Found a legal Saiga S12, now another question

Hallboss
10-06-08, 23:56
After your help and a lot of research I found Cadiz Gun Works. They make a CA legal S12, but after my excitement of actually finding a way to get one finally wore off, my responsible self had a question.

Is the Saiga S12 really worth $1000 price tag for a fully converted version? Is it a better shotty than a 1100/1187?

I have wonder because I can build a full on tactical 1100/1187 or two 870's for the price of a converted S12. Not to mention the more money I save, the more I can throw at my AR-carbine or maybe even start the construction of a 24" long range AR.

By the way, the purpose of my next shotty is for three gun matches.

thanks

warpigM-4
10-07-08, 00:31
well 1000 sounds high to me ,but I got mine unconverted for 300 and did the conversion myself for less than 100 bucks.Now I have seen others converted for around 800.it is a fine weapon ,I have never had any sort of problem with my S12.Now being in Ca you might have to pay for what ever they did to make it legal .yes there are better shotguns out there but none get the looks and questions like my S12 does.
it all boils down to HOW BAD YOU WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!:D

Hallboss
10-07-08, 01:28
Pretty damn bad actually...:D. Plus the handling of it is probably like comparing my 590 to my AR carbine huh?

And yes the company that does the conversions their S12's are around 800, but then add, the shortened barrel, the gas work, all the CA paperwork and the bullet button, makes it around $1000. I guess it's worth it, if the gun out handles a long gun style shotty.

Thanks.

Olav
10-07-08, 04:07
After your help and a lot of research I found Cadiz Gun Works. They make a CA legal S12, but after my excitement of actually finding a way to get one finally wore off, my responsible self had a question.

thanks

What was necessary to convert it to CA legal? A pinned 10 round mag?

shooter521
10-07-08, 12:34
What was necessary to convert it to CA legal?

I don't know how CGW does it, but Henderson Defense installs a shield or guard that prevents the mag from being released without using a tool.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9323/siaga12maglockbok5.jpg

Hallboss
10-07-08, 12:50
From what I understand, that is what Cadiz does.

warpigM-4
10-07-08, 19:02
Pretty damn bad actually...:D. Plus the handling of it is probably like comparing my 590 to my AR carbine huh?

And yes the company that does the conversions their S12's are around 800, but then add, the shortened barrel, the gas work, all the CA paperwork and the bullet button, makes it around $1000. I guess it's worth it, if the gun out handles a long gun style shotty.

Thanks.
it will out handle a long shotty.it is just like toting a AK ,to me its easier to controll it due to the military design .fast target sight in .easy to reload (I have 1 russian 8rd mag and about 5 five round mags.it will eat anything you put in it.I would say go for it!!!!!!!
here is mine with my Daughter

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h86/PFC-JB/Picture035.jpg

Hallboss
10-08-08, 00:41
Thanks. You guys are making it extremely hard to say no and considering my wife said, "If you want it, get it" that doesn't make it any easier. Of course she says that because she wants the Mossy 590 all to herself.

N4LtRecce
10-31-08, 16:26
Dude, GET IT! I just bought the last one at my local shop. Plus, I doubt they're going to get any cheaper.

mtk
10-31-08, 17:59
Thanks. You guys are making it extremely hard to say no and considering my wife said, "If you want it, get it" that doesn't make it any easier. Of course she says that because she wants the Mossy 590 all to herself.

Then why are you still here asking questions?

Give that woman a kiss on the cheek and go gun shopping!

And bring her home a 590 of her own, too. ;)

Hallboss
10-31-08, 18:20
Well I have to say, this is the first time I have fallen to panic. With everyone saying Obama is going to win this election, I started researching his stand on firearms. Even though you can't believe what you read, I have to assume that some of the thousands of reports I read have to be true. And all of them read he is against guns and backs all legislation that place constrictions on firearms.

So I bought 2 S12's and another AR lower. One converted through CGW for 650 and the other I had to search more for and paid 550 unconverted.

mtk
10-31-08, 20:30
You still didn't buy the wife that 590 she wanted....

Hallboss
11-01-08, 00:36
She already stole mine, I would have to buy myself another one...hehehehehe