PDA

View Full Version : Who makes good kydex for M&P9 2.0?

MeanStreaker
09-18-17, 15:01
Hey everyone, I haven't bought a new holster in a few years, and am in need of an OWB for a new 2.0 carry gun. I'm out of the loop as to where to look. Can you help me out?

I went to Raven Concealement as I've worn one of their Phantoms happily for many years... but they don't make any for the 2.0 and say their original M&P holsters aren't compatible.

Also, any thoughts on using the same holster for carrying both the standard 4.25" M&P9 2.0 and the new 4" M&P9 2.0 Compact? Obviously there would be a little empty space in the bottom of the holster, but if the rig uses the trigger guard for retention, it shouldn't be a big deal, correct?

Thanks.

tn1911
09-18-17, 15:55

Here's my MP 9 2.0 in a RC for a non 2.0, fits perfectly.

SeriousStudent
09-18-17, 20:10
Dark Star Gear is my go-to for Kydex, JRC Holsters for Moodex.

Up1911fan
09-18-17, 21:22
JMCK.

Nightstalker865
09-19-17, 04:42
Bravo Concealment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SavageBrew84
09-19-17, 08:18
+1 for Bravo. I've got several of their holsters and as good as the older ones are, they've refined their process quite a bit which has enabled them to reduce prices as well. Not to mention they can get them shipped out incredibly fast. I got two holsters from them a couple of weeks ago for $78 I think. No need to spend $100+ dollars on some kydex that cost $2.

https://www.bravoconcealment.com

26 Inf
09-19-17, 12:48
+1 for Bravo. I've got several of their holsters and as good as the older ones are, they've refined their process quite a bit which has enabled them to reduce prices as well. Not to mention they can get them shipped out incredibly fast. I got two holsters from them a couple of weeks ago for $78 I think. No need to spend $100+ dollars on some kydex that cost $2.

https://www.bravoconcealment.com

I'm always on the lookout for good holsters, so I explored their store.

Very limited weapon selection on their new models and I couldn't find a single LH OWB holster for 1911, Glock 17, M&P 9 or M&P Shield 9 - I did not look at more because those are pretty common OWB. IWB wasn't any better.

Disappointing.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-19-17, 15:00

Very limited weapon selection on their new models and I couldn't find a single LH OWB holster for 1911, Glock 17, M&P 9 or M&P Shield 9 - I did not look at more because those are pretty common OWB. IWB wasn't any better.

Disappointing.

Same here, with SS recommending them, I set out to buy one. Unfortunately, they don't make any for the 2.0 45. Shame!

Nick B
09-19-17, 16:56
Www.Vedderholsters.com .

Zirk208
09-19-17, 18:18

Disappointing.

Bravo Concealment went from making everything, to making nothing, but providing good shipping times in the meantime. They completely eliminated all of their left-handed models in the process and cut me out entirely.

I think C&G is next on my list for kydex holsters.

SavageBrew84
09-21-17, 09:06
I agree, after what appears to be a fairly large reboot of their manufacturing process, they do have a very limited amount of options as opposed to a couple of years ago when you could get damn near any handgun in left or right hand. I realize they might not have exactly what you're looking for now but the longer they have their equipment and the more gun blanks they produce, the lower the cost will get and the faster they can ship them out. I guess all I'm saying is, don't rule them out completely because at the moment they don't have a specific setup that it unique to what you need. Some of the companies out there are still charging $65 for a holster with handmade kydex belt loops which is absolutely ridiculous.

orionz06
12-12-17, 07:53
Dark Star Gear is my go-to for Kydex, JRC Holsters for Moodex.

Thread necro, thanks for the mention. The M&P holster isn't on the site at the moment but will mirror the G17 Orion pricing and will have a $20 discount for a few weeks as a new release. It works with a 1.0 FS (4.25"), 1.0C, 2.0FS (4.25"), and 2.0C, with and without thumb safety. We do not have the optic cut figured out yet as we need to gather dimensions and slides from the various folks working on them to ensure things fit will while leaving as much material as we can.

DocH
12-12-17, 07:57
Panther Concealment, Jacksonville, Fl. Check the website. Made to order by your specs.

The_Watcher
12-12-17, 13:21
Thread necro, thanks for the mention. The M&P holster isn't on the site at the moment but will mirror the G17 Orion pricing and will have a $20 discount for a few weeks as a new release. It works with a 1.0 FS (4.25"), 1.0C, 2.0FS (4.25"), and 2.0C, with and without thumb safety. We do not have the optic cut figured out yet as we need to gather dimensions and slides from the various folks working on them to ensure things fit will while leaving as much material as we can.When can we order? I am ready yesterday. Thx

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

orionz06
12-12-17, 13:23
When can we order? I am ready yesterday. Thx

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Email. They're not on the site yet.

skipper49
12-12-17, 21:50
I’ve had my JMCK, OWB 2, for a couple of weeks now. It has far exceeded my expectations. I bought a couple of M&P 2.0 Compacts, with manual safeties, and wanted a full body shield with an indention to hold the safety in the “on” position. I not only got that, but also has a built in “ramp” that gently guides the safety “on”, as you reholster, in the event you neglected to manually engage it.
The entire holster is more than I expected, and it really works for ME. My M&P rides close and secure, with two retention adjustment screws.
Two thumbs up to Tony and the OWB 2.

Skip

snichols28
12-22-17, 16:32
ColoradoHolster.com now has them in all of the new 2.0 frame sizes!

https://i.imgur.com/CAghvjQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8F0C3vI.jpg

Damn_yankee
12-26-17, 05:45
http://knightfallcustoms.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RWH24
12-27-17, 01:03
Hey everyone, I haven't bought a new holster in a few years, and am in need of an OWB for a new 2.0 carry gun. I'm out of the loop as to where to look. Can you help me out?

I went to Raven Concealement as I've worn one of their Phantoms happily for many years... but they don't make any for the 2.0 and say their original M&P holsters aren't compatible.

Also, any thoughts on using the same holster for carrying both the standard 4.25" M&P9 2.0 and the new 4" M&P9 2.0 Compact? Obviously there would be a little empty space in the bottom of the holster, but if the rig uses the trigger guard for retention, it shouldn't be a big deal, correct?

Thanks.

DeSantis Speed Scabbard Holster 002