PDA

View Full Version : Credit cards in the current economic crisis

Slater
10-07-08, 08:18
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27055285/

Looks like they're really starting to nickel-and-dime consumers.

Wolfgang
10-07-08, 10:17
American Express has never been the most consumer friendly card, and their customer service rating is not good at all. Of course, no credit card company is out to be your best friend, but some are worse than others. They are all in it to make money, and when you got the card, you "agreed" to all kinds of stuff, such as the "understanding" that the cycle (due) dates can change and the rate can can change without prior notice. We have a Capital One Business acct, and they have been fair to deal with. The only thing they have recently changed is the cycle date. We always pay the balance off every month, and it's important to know the cycle date so we don't end up being "late" with a payment. Thus far, we have never had to pay any interest, and we cash in our business points. Not only have we never paid interest, but the cash from the points have pretty well paid for our vacation the past two years.

Nathan_Bell
10-07-08, 16:55
I have all of my bills scheduled to come due within a week of one another. Sit down, write a buncha checks and ta-da done! Anything left over after that was fun money. Have had to call Bank of America twice in past 6 months to bitch about them screwing my system up and making it due the first week of the month on the first occasion and then the last week of the month on the second occasion. If you pitch a bitch you can usually get your billing cycle kept in order.

lalakai
10-09-08, 13:37
i think everyone is ignoring the credit card debt issue, and hoping that when it blows up, that it won't "really blow up". The amount of cc debt out there is astronimical, yet i haven't heard anyone mentioning it.

........maybe if we ignore it.................it will go away.

not gonna be pretty when it hits the fan.

Rmplstlskn
10-09-08, 16:02
I'm working on getting them done and gone ASAP... Only a few thousand $ left...

Rmpl

andre3k
10-09-08, 16:41
Haven't used a credit card in a couple of years. Sucks when traveling though, but I don't miss the debt.

LOKNLOD
10-09-08, 16:49
I'm working on getting them done and gone ASAP... Only a few thousand $ left...

Rmpl

You and me, both, brother! Talk about a drain on the finances. If I could stop buying gun stuff I'd be a lot better off, though ;)