PDA

View Full Version : H&K wants to become an "ethical" firearms company...

Slater
09-22-17, 09:35
They must be making a helluva lot of profit elsewhere:

"This means that H&K has become the first arms company in the world to have a more moral arms export policy than its own government (the German Economy Ministry declined to offer a statement or interview partner in time for this article) - and will not be selling weapons to Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, and even Turkey (despite its membership in*NATO), or any African country.

Not only that, the company has even agreed to "seriously discuss" the possibility of setting up a "victims' fund" for families who had been killed with H&K weapons - which would also be unprecedented among the world's gun-makers. Details about how that would work remain unclear, however."

http://www.dw.com/en/heckler-koch-quietly-becomes-worlds-most-ethical-gun-maker/a-40316221

WickedWillis
09-22-17, 11:15
They are trying to go full PC on this. You can't do both imo. You cannot make some of the best fighting weapons in the world, and then apologize when they are used for their intended purpose, right or wrong. The responsibility lies with the consumer imo, not the manufacturer.

The moral export I guess I understand, but they have also deemed the US civilian market as not a good place to sell some of their firearms also. I don't know.

skywalkrNCSU
09-22-17, 11:19
If only the US would stop doing arms deals with nations that support terrorism

jpmuscle
09-22-17, 11:29
Lot of guilt goings on over there evidently.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Kain
09-22-17, 11:37
So, they getting all Alfred Nobel on us.

Didn't they stop "selling" weapons to conflict zones before? Also, does this increase availability of their guns to me? cuz if this means more for me I am all for it.

Alex V
09-22-17, 11:38
When I read about this they mentioned that sales of firearms to Israel would also stop.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/09/12/hk-announce-will-no-longer-sell-weapons-country-among-others/

Heckler & Koch, the German weapons manufacturer whose guns are estimated to have killed more than 2 million people since the company was founded in 1949, has quietly adopted the most ethical sales policy of any gunmaker in the world.

The company has pledged no longer to sell arms into warzones or to countries that violate corruption and democracy standards, including Saudi Arabia, Israel, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, or any African countries.

Kinda feels wrong to me on that one...

Slater
09-22-17, 11:42
Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Pakistan and others have manufactured the G3 rifle (and maybe other guns?) under license. Wonder how that is supposed to work out?

VARIABLE9
09-22-17, 11:47
"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." Doc Holliday

Moose-Knuckle
09-22-17, 12:46
When I read about this they mentioned that sales of firearms to Israel would also stop.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/09/12/hk-announce-will-no-longer-sell-weapons-country-among-others/

Heckler & Koch, the German weapons manufacturer whose guns are estimated to have killed more than 2 million people since the company was founded in 1949, has quietly adopted the most ethical sales policy of any gunmaker in the world.

The company has pledged no longer to sell arms into warzones or to countries that violate corruption and democracy standards, including Saudi Arabia, Israel, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, or any African countries.

Sounds islamophobic, anti-Semitic, and racist to me.

Izhmash is truly the world's multi-cultural arms dealer. Taste the rainbow H&K! :cool:

Firefly
09-22-17, 14:07
Kinda weird to accept "responsibility" of the misuse of their guns but they aren't going out of business.

Besides, screw Saudi Arabia and Turkey.

I will say this....more people using AKs and other grossly obsolete guns make life easier down the road.

JMO

Moose-Knuckle
09-22-17, 14:12
I will say this....more people using AKs and other grossly obsolete guns make life easier down the road.

JMO

Especially their G3 and it's imported variant the HK91.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-22-17, 14:28

Like not helping a rape victim because you don't want more violence.

Let's see a US gun maker try to collect money from the people saved by their guns used by good guys, rather than give cash to victims of bad guys. Being killed with a machete is so much better.

Alex V
09-22-17, 14:31
Sounds islamophobic, anti-Semitic, and racist to me.

Izhmash is truly the world's multi-cultural arms dealer. Taste the rainbow H&K! :cool:

I just wouldn't group Israel with the other countries on the list. That's all I'm sayin'

Slater
09-22-17, 14:34
I suggest a "kinder and gentler" approach. Every VP9 sold comes with a voucher for a free first aid kit.

SteyrAUG
09-22-17, 14:35
Guess they can always go back to making sewing machines.

Moose-Knuckle
09-22-17, 14:39
I just wouldn't group Israel with the other countries on the list. That's all I'm sayin'

Oh, I know I was having some at H&K's expense. German arm's company refusing to sell arms to the Israelis, the kind of stuff you just can't make up.

I wonder if BMW, VW, etc. will stop imports to nations that have citizens killed by their cars via drunk drivers?

Firefly
09-22-17, 14:42
Especially their G3 and it's imported variant the HK91.

No new G3s are coming from HK. The MSG-90 and PSG-1 are essemtially NOS or made to order. Really they want you to buy G28s or 417s.

Turkey can. and does, make all the Legacy stuff they want. Which is why they can instagram all these kewl MP5 clones and ammo and give stuff to youtube shills and wont see a dime from me.

I'm not saying I agree with HK but I don't disagree either. SWA/ME is a shithole and I wouldn't want my stuff, were I a gun manuf. to have dudes in black PJs, cutting off heads, and toting my stuff either.

Alex V
09-22-17, 14:43
Oh, I know I was having some at H&K's expense. German arm's company refusing to sell arms to the Israelis, the kind of stuff you just can't make up.

I wonder if BMW, VW, etc. will stop imports to nations that have citizens killed by their cars via drunk drivers?

The yuppies in Hoboken will have a shit fit...

Moose-Knuckle
09-22-17, 14:47
I'm not saying I agree with HK but I don't disagree either. SWA/ME is a shithole and I wouldn't want my stuff, were I a gun manuf. to have dudes in black PJs, cutting off heads, and toting my stuff either.

Pretty much why the CIA is the world's biggest importer/exporter of AKs and RPGs. There's a Lord of War quote in here somewhere.

Firefly
09-22-17, 14:53
Pretty much why the CIA is the world's biggest importer/exporter of AKs and RPGs. There's a Lord of War quote in here somewhere.

That is a bold, bold claim that is in need of serious fact checking.

Also, actually the PSG1 is no longer catalogue. MSG-90 and G28 are but the MSG90 really long in tooth

PattonWasRight
09-22-17, 15:32
I just wouldn't group Israel with the other countries on the list. That's all I'm sayin' Israel is an imperialist state oppressing the Palestinians, dontcha' know? All the trendy liberals are calling Israel a terrorist state.

Slater
09-22-17, 15:34
Heck, the Israeli Army don't even wear a modern, self-respectin' camouflage uniform.

PattonWasRight
09-22-17, 15:39
Heck, the Israeli Army don't even wear a modern, self-respectin' camouflage uniform. And what's with their funky hats? ;-)

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-771bcd41ad3c8218b987d6691682e78f-c

Spiffums
09-22-17, 18:57
Did their CEO invent a powered suit of armor or something?

ralph
09-22-17, 19:15
This is so much derp on HK's part, I don't know where to begin..I mean, if Hk was looking for a way to run themselves out of business they just may have found it..Let's see..we'll restrict who we sell to,cause..guilt. Victims fund...Just as soon as they start one, "victims" will start showing up with their hands out..and once the pay outs start, the lines of "victims" will continue to get longer, they'll never stop demanding payment until HK runs out of money..(let's not forget, Germany now has a couple million "victims" who recently showed up from Syria, and I'm sure they'll be there to collect) The level of stupidity shown here by HK is just astounding. Mark my words, this new policy will result in HK eventually going out of business, as political correctness is apparently more important than running a company with world wide sales at a profit..

PattonWasRight
09-22-17, 20:04
This is so much derp on HK's part, I don't know where to begin..I mean, if Hk was looking for a way to run themselves out of business they just may have found it..Let's see..we'll restrict who we sell to,cause..guilt. Victims fund...Just as soon as they start one, "victims" will start showing up with their hands out..and once the pay outs start, the lines of "victims" will continue to get longer, they'll never stop demanding payment until HK runs out of money..(let's not forget, Germany now has a couple million "victims" who recently showed up from Syria, and I'm sure they'll be there to collect) The level of stupidity shown here by HK is just astounding. Mark my words, this new policy will result in HK eventually going out of business, as political correctness is apparently more important than running a company with world wide sales at a profit.. Yeah, good points. They are making their own 'slippery slope' and per the points you make, don't know how they can ever get any traction to survive as a arms manufacturer. Unless their goal is to now make toasters or something.

SteyrAUG
09-22-17, 21:35
This is so much derp on HK's part, I don't know where to begin..I mean, if Hk was looking for a way to run themselves out of business they just may have found it..Let's see..we'll restrict who we sell to,cause..guilt. Victims fund...Just as soon as they start one, "victims" will start showing up with their hands out..and once the pay outs start, the lines of "victims" will continue to get longer, they'll never stop demanding payment until HK runs out of money..(let's not forget, Germany now has a couple million "victims" who recently showed up from Syria, and I'm sure they'll be there to collect) The level of stupidity shown here by HK is just astounding. Mark my words, this new policy will result in HK eventually going out of business, as political correctness is apparently more important than running a company with world wide sales at a profit..

HK has always been a little "cunty" about who they sell "weapons of war" too. Prior to the 1986 ban, they had already restricted dealer samples to only SOTs with a demo letter. Of course Colt pulled the same shit more or less, you could order a M16A2 without a letter, but it if transferred to a private individual that would be the last Colt you'd ever get. Colt also voluntarily neutered their rifles a year before the Clinton ban required them to do so.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-22-17, 23:02
I have stuck up for HK quite a bit over the years. But if they are going to lump Israel in this group then I am totally done with them. Maybe I’m overreacting but this is annoying the piss out of me.

MegademiC
09-22-17, 23:09
So they are extending their US firearms policy to the Middle East.

Neat!

Moose-Knuckle
09-23-17, 04:10
That is a bold, bold claim that is in need of serious fact checking.

Story broke three years ago . . .

Arms Cache Most Likely Kept in Texas by the C.I.A.
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/05/us/arms-cache-most-likely-kept-in-texas-by-the-cia.html?mcubz=1

ralph
09-23-17, 09:26
HK has always been a little "cunty" about who they sell "weapons of war" too. Prior to the 1986 ban, they had already restricted dealer samples to only SOTs with a demo letter. Of course Colt pulled the same shit more or less, you could order a M16A2 without a letter, but it if transferred to a private individual that would be the last Colt you'd ever get. Colt also voluntarily neutered their rifles a year before the Clinton ban required them to do so.

True.. but Colt never as far as I know, decided to shoot themselves in the foot with a "victims"fund.. (they did in plenty of other ways)Considering the huge number of potential "victims" that have managed to worm their way into Germany within the last few years, the minute the payouts from such a scheme start, HK, as a viable company is on borrowed time.After all, if one sticks his head into a noose, they should'nt be suprised if the slack gets pulled up...

SteyrAUG
09-23-17, 12:18
True.. but Colt never as far as I know, decided to shoot themselves in the foot with a "victims"fund.. (they did in plenty of other ways)Considering the huge number of potential "victims" that have managed to worm their way into Germany within the last few years, the minute the payouts from such a scheme start, HK, as a viable company is on borrowed time.After all, if one sticks his head into a noose, they should'nt be suprised if the slack gets pulled up...

Yeah, the victim fund is bizarre. I do suspect it will be very hard to qualify and most of that "fund" will be spent on a team of lawyers who are hired to disqualify cases.

Pilot1
09-23-17, 12:35
I smell German government PC pressure.

Honu
09-23-17, 15:04
seem to remember HK had some issues with arms smuggling into Bosnia and other conflict zones and also quite a few others on avoiding taxes or something?

Slater
09-23-17, 15:34
HK seems to be expanding their presence in this country:

https://hk-usa.com/heckler-koch-expand-columbus-georgia/

Jellybean
09-23-17, 20:17
...Not only that, the company has even agreed to "seriously discuss" the possibility of setting up a "victims' fund" for families who had been killed with H&K weapons - which would also be unprecedented among the world's gun-makers. Details about how that would work remain unclear, however."

No shit Sherlock.

So.... exactly how would anyone determine which victims from conflict zones around the world were specifically shot with HK weapons...
I'm sure accounts from "eyewitnesses" will be pinpoint reliable, because when you're being shot at you can totally identify exactly what make, model and manufacturer of gun the shooter is using.
This would be like Izhmash[sp?] setting up a victims fund- "well he was shot with an AK, so it MUST be yours!" It'll be a rehash of the "everything is an AR/AK" over here, only it'll be "those deadly HK rifles..."
Good grief....
I swear... that whole country is losing its collective mind... :rolleyes:

NYH1
09-23-17, 20:55
I thought H&K was an "ethical firearms company". Wasn't it's ethical when Rob O'Neill shot bin laden in the face with his 416, he was a Saudi after all! Ethical, payback....one in the same right? :cool:

NYH1.

RetroRevolver77
09-24-17, 01:10
HK makes good firearms. I have several.

7n6

ClearedHot
09-24-17, 02:47
I thought H&K was an "ethical firearms company". Wasn't it's ethical when Rob O'Neill shot bin laden in the face with his 416, he was a Saudi after all! Ethical, payback....one in the same right? :cool:

NYH1.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2Eomq3UAAE5u2I.jpg

yoni
09-24-17, 06:43
HK never sold more than a handful of sniper rifles to one unit in Israel in it's best time.

Much better rifles are available today, so no loss.

I will keep my P7's. My MP5's are clones.

This is just the German government latest PC pressure on German companies. But I am sure they are nearing their end and soon it will get ugly as the common people rise up to rid themselves of the muslim threat.

NYH1
09-24-17, 10:48
Maybe HK should move to another country. One where they could sell their products in said country. Maybe sell a lot more products so they could lower their prices, which would equate to more sales. Just my $0.02.

NYH1.

SteyrAUG
09-24-17, 13:16
HK never sold more than a handful of sniper rifles to one unit in Israel in it's best time.

Much better rifles are available today, so no loss.

I will keep my P7's. My MP5's are clones.

This is just the German government latest PC pressure on German companies. But I am sure they are nearing their end and soon it will get ugly as the common people rise up to rid themselves of the muslim threat.

I don't think they have that resolve anymore. They will end up as occupied as France with several muslim neighborhoods and a mosque on every corner to "prove" they are no longer nazis. Anyone who does otherwise will be branded a "neo nazi" and arrested.

ralph
09-24-17, 18:56
Maybe HK should move to another country. One where they could sell their products in said country. Maybe sell a lot more products so they could lower their prices, which would equate to more sales. Just my $0.02.

NYH1.

I thought they were expanding their operations here in the U.S...What happened to that?

Moose-Knuckle
09-25-17, 03:51
Anyone who does otherwise will be branded a "neo nazi" and arrested.

Well we're half way there.

WickedWillis
09-25-17, 11:46
I thought they were expanding their operations here in the U.S...What happened to that?

It's being built as we speak.

VIP3R 237
09-25-17, 12:44

NYH1.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4378/37057596010_234e44ce2c_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/YsDSe9)

NYH1
09-25-17, 22:05
I wouldn't hold my breath.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4378/37057596010_234e44ce2c_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/YsDSe9)
I was being facetious. Couldn't you see me smiling and winking through the interweb! :) ;)

NYH1.