PDA

View Full Version : Proper mounting aimpoint + larue mount

rtlltj
10-07-08, 12:41
I know this question is pretty noob but I just wanted to make sure since this is my first aimpoint and larue mount. Do I mount the aimpoint to the larue mount before attaching the larue mount to the upper receiver or is it easier to attach the mount first and then attach the aimpoint? I realize that once I have everything tightened that I can just quick release my mount but I'm just wondering what the easiest way is for the initial mounting and centering of the aimpoint. Thanks

Treehopr
10-07-08, 12:55
I know this question is pretty noob but I just wanted to make sure since this is my first aimpoint and larue mount. Do I mount the aimpoint to the larue mount before attaching the larue mount to the upper receiver or is it easier to attach the mount first and then attach the aimpoint? I realize that once I have everything tightened that I can just quick release my mount but I'm just wondering what the easiest way is for the initial mounting and centering of the aimpoint. Thanks

It'll be easier to mount the Aimpoint in the Larue before attaching it to your weapon. You can always leave the top two screws slightly loose if you need to adjust it after mounting it to the upper.