PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 Trigger Reset

Vegas
09-25-17, 01:50
Hey all,

So recently I picked up a lightly used Gen 4 Glock 17. I have a little time with Glocks but most of my handgun shooting has been with Sig P series guns with SRT's installed. For the 17, I just installed a Ghost Edge connector which I feel is a nice improvement. Without going to a full drop in set up, is there anything that can shorten up the reset?

Thanks in advance.

ggammell
09-25-17, 07:20
An extra power trigger spring will snap it back a little faster. Not shorter but it might have the same effect.

TexHill
09-25-17, 09:35
You can either have a New York trigger spring or a Gen 5 trigger mechanism housing installed. Either one should shorten the reset. You'll have to have someone who is a certified Glock Armorer order the parts from Glock for you.

I took the Glock Armorers course last week and we got to install New York triggers into Gen 4 guns as well as disassemble and learn to work on the new Gen 5 pistols. I specifically asked our instructor if the Gen 5 trigger pack would work in the previous generation 17 & 19, and he said it would.

The only problem with going the Gen 5 trigger pack route is that you're going to have to wait until those spare parts are available.