PDA

View Full Version : Jack The Ripper's Letter

WillBrink
09-25-17, 13:55
His first letter. I didn't know he sent letters on his activities but it's apparently the 129th anniversary. Look into the mind of perhaps the most famous serial killers of all time:

25 Sept. 1888

Dear Boss,

I keep on hearing the police have caught me but they wont fix me just yet. I have laughed when they look so clever and talk about being on the right track. That joke about Leather Apron gave me real fits. I am down on whores and I shant quit ripping them till I do get buckled. Grand work the last job was. I gave the lady no time to squeal. How can they catch me now. I love my work and want to start again. You will soon hear of me with my funny little games. I saved some of the proper red stuff in a ginger beer bottle over the last job to write with but it went thick like glue and I cant use it. Red ink is fit enough I hope ha. ha. The next job I do I shall clip the ladys ears off and send to the police officers just for jolly wouldn't you. Keep this letter back till I do a bit more work, then give it out straight. My knife's so nice and sharp I want to get to work right away if I get a chance. Good Luck.

Yours truly
Jack the Ripper

Dont mind me giving the trade name

PS Wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it No luck yet. They say I'm a doctor now. ha ha

https://www.casebook.org/images/dearboss1_big.jpg

https://www.casebook.org/images/dearboss2_big.jpg

Firefly
09-25-17, 14:01
I always thought if they had a stakeout squad with some chick with a snubnose Colt Single Action and dudes hiding out with Spencer rifles that Jack the Ripper wouldnt have been a thing

Doc Safari
09-25-17, 14:21
Every time you turn around there is a new theory on who could have been Jack the Ripper. I've even heard it was a team of guys trying to stir up terror for some political cause.

If you think we will ever know who Jack the Ripper was, you are wrong.

I'm of the opinion there are too many suspects and too many theories to ever get at the truth.

To paraphrase a Rolling Stones song, "I shouted out 'Who was Jack the Ripper?' When after all, he was you and me."

WillBrink
09-25-17, 14:24
Every time you turn around there is a new theory on who could have been Jack the Ripper. I've even heard it was a team of guys trying to stir up terror for some political cause.

If you think we will ever know who Jack the Ripper was, you are wrong.

I'm of the opinion there are too many suspects and too many theories to ever get at the truth.

To paraphrase a Rolling Stones song, "I shouted out 'Who was Jack the Ripper?' When after all, he was you and me."

Well we can say he had nice handwriting at least. I thought that Stones quote was about Kennedy. Don't recall Jack in there. Will have to listen for it next time.

titsonritz
09-25-17, 14:32
Well we can say he had nice handwriting at least. I thought that Stones quote was about Kennedy. Don't recall Jack in there. Will have to listen for it next time.

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

I stuck around St. Petersberg
When I saw it was a time for a change
I killed the Czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the Blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
What's puzzling you is the nature of my game, oh yeah

I watched with glee as your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the Gods they made

I shouted out
"Who killed the Kennedys?"
When after all
It was you and me

So let me please introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
And I laid traps for troubadours
Who get killed before they reached Bombay

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game, oh yeah

Pleased to meet you
But what's puzzling you is just the nature of my game

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails just call me Lucifer
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint

So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse?
Or I'll lay your soul to waste, um yeah

Pleased to meet you
But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game, oh baby

Oh yeah
Tell me baby, what's my name
Oh tell me honey, can you guess my name?
Oh oh oh oh
Tell me honey, what's my name
Oh, just the sweetest, tell me what's my name?
Tell me, sweetie, what's my name
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah

(Oh oh oh)

Can papa get a holler now?

Songwriters: KEITH RICHARDS, MICK JAGGER
© Abkco Music, Inc.
For non-commercial use only.

I think what DocG is saying is you could substitute a lot of names in place of the Kennedys.

Doc Safari
09-25-17, 14:46

That was my artistic license. "Sympathy for the Devil" always came across to me as an indictment of the evil that mankind is capable of. I thought the modified lyric fit.

SteyrAUG
09-25-17, 16:06
Yeah, between this guy and Zodiac, I don't think we will ever know for sure. All we have is theory and conjecture.

titsonritz
09-25-17, 16:09
The Vorlons got Jack.

WillBrink
09-25-17, 16:38
I think what DocG is saying is you could substitute a lot of names in place of the Kennedys.

That was my artistic license. "Sympathy for the Devil" always came across to me as an indictment of the evil that mankind is capable of. I thought the modified lyric fit.

One does not take artistic license with Stone's songs! :shout:

Spiffums
09-25-17, 21:05
There is a new show on about HH Holmes and how he might have been Jack the Ripper. I started to watch it but it didn't really seem to get into the whole Jack the Ripper thing. Just some great great grandkid looking for "proof".

darr3239
09-25-17, 22:23
That's an interesting show. A lot of things starting lining up with H H Holmes and the Ripper on the last few episodes.

Doc Safari
09-26-17, 09:25
One does not take artistic license with Stone's songs! :shout:

So, no "Jumpin' Jack the Ripper Flash?" :jester: