PDA

View Full Version : "The Wall", a Comprehensive Interactive Documentary about the Border from USA Today.

Nightvisionary
09-25-17, 16:38
USA Today just released an extremely comprehensive documentary titled, “The Wall”. They interviewed me and several other members of Arizona Border Recon for the documentary. It covers the entire border subject in such depth and from so many aspects that it will probably take me a couple of days to get through all of the videos, interactive maps, and stories. From what I have read and watched so far it appears to be a fairly balanced production. If you have an interest in the subject from any point of view it looks to be a very informative and well produced program. I understand portions of the documentary are also being aired on PBS News hour.

"The Wall" Preview https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pr/2017/09/20/usa-today-network-launches-groundbreaking-project-wall/105808068/

Full Documentary

https://www.usatoday.com/border-wall/

Firefly
09-25-17, 16:50
You're either here legally or you are not.

If not, Y O U H A V E T O G O B A C K

Honu
09-25-17, 20:03
my wife has her green card !
we stood in line paid are dues etc..

people that break the law cut in line then get rewarded sure steams my twinkies for sure !

Dienekes
09-25-17, 20:37
Got the campaign ribbon on this, and it can be summarized quite briefly:

"Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not." Jer. 5:21

Rock on.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-25-17, 21:46
Interesting. "Extremely comprehensive" and USA Yesterday are not usually two things that go together. Usually, the headline is about as informative as the article. Now, either their headline writers are gifted, or they are usually light on content. Nice to see them delving deeper.

Nightvisionary
09-26-17, 01:10
Interesting. "Extremely comprehensive" and USA Yesterday are not usually two things that go together. Usually, the headline is about as informative as the article. Now, either their headline writers are gifted, or they are usually light on content. Nice to see them delving deeper.

The documentary is a joint effort between The Arizona Republic newspaper and USA Today. Their reporters weren't afraid to get dirty and do what it took to get the story. Here is a podcast from the documentary with Rafael Carranza, the lead reporter.

https://soundcloud.com/wallpodcast/vigilantes

Moose-Knuckle
09-26-17, 05:25
The documentary is a joint effort between The Arizona Republic newspaper and USA Today. Their reporters weren't afraid to get dirty and do what it took to get the story. Here is a podcast from the documentary with Rafael Carranza, the lead reporter.

https://soundcloud.com/wallpodcast/vigilantes

As you go through the videos, please sound off in this thread if they misrepresent you guys.

I appreciate you posting this.

Nightvisionary
09-29-17, 02:49
As you go through the videos, please sound off in this thread if they misrepresent you guys.

I appreciate you posting this.

I have watched and read most of it and it is a very well balanced documentary. One portion of it discusses the death of BORTAC Border Patrol agent and Marine, Brian Terry who was killed in a shootout with a Rip crew. It is very critical of the BATF "Fast and Furious" operation that supplied the guns used by the Rip crew and Obama and Eric Holders cover up of the scandal. The portion that covers Arizona Border Recon does a good job describing our vetting process and operations. In the podcast the reporter stated AZBR was very well organized and he was surprised that about half the members present including myself were of hispanic descent which was not what he expected. It was cool to see me, my rifle, and my Trump cigar made it into the preview.

Disclaimer: My views posted are my own and do not represent any official opinion or position of the Arizona Border Recon.

Moose-Knuckle
09-29-17, 05:04
I have watched and read most of it and it is a very well balanced documentary. One portion of it discusses the death of BORTAC Border Patrol agent and Marine, Brian Terry who was killed in a shootout with a Rip crew. It is very critical of the BATF "Fast and Furious" operation that supplied the guns used by the Rip crew and Obama and Eric Holders cover up of the scandal. The portion that covers Arizona Border Recon does a good job describing our vetting process and operations. In the podcast the reporter stated AZBR was very well organized and he was surprised that about half the members present including myself were of hispanic descent which was not what he expected. It was cool to see me, my rifle, and my Trump cigar made it into the preview.

Disclaimer: My views posted are my own and do not represent any official opinion or position of the Arizona Border Recon.

Good to hear it!

I'll tear through it soon.