PDA

View Full Version : Larue LT-104

lrdchaos
09-27-17, 16:14
What's the general consensus on the LT-104 mount? I'm considering this mount in 34mm if anyone has one for sale as well?

tmwtrfwler
10-02-17, 07:43
have a couple. they hold zero. works great IMHO. That said i'm no hard core user rather a guy who goes to the range and farts around.

MegademiC
10-02-17, 11:22
I like them. Some people swear by them, some people hate them.

Make sure it's tight, it will mark your upper. If that doesn't bother you, you will be happy with it. They are pretty light.

docsherm
10-02-17, 12:28
That is the only scope mount that I use.

WTF?Shane
10-02-17, 14:31
I'm not a big fan of the locking system, but it works. I bought it because everyone recommended it.

If you have limited mounting space on your receiver and long eye relief, you might need the extended version.

hdrolling
10-02-17, 15:47
What's the general consensus on the LT-104 mount? I'm considering this mount in 34mm if anyone has one for sale as well?

Depends on what you want it for?

Long range shooting (500-1000) I would rather have a mount with built in 20 MOA , lower (0-499) standard mount works.

There is also other mounts that have interchangeable rings so if you decide on a new scope but don't want to pay for an entire new mount you can just get the replacement rings.

bp7178
10-02-17, 20:38

That carries a lot of weight.

I've had bigger zero shift from cleaning my barrel than from removing and installing the mount.

voiceofreason
10-08-17, 11:01
look for them used. lots of 'em and they don't really wear out

mgrs
10-13-17, 18:16
look for them used. lots of 'em and they don't really wear out

Usually $150-175 on the secondary market if you can do without the LT swag you'd get with a new order.

The one thing I'd watch out for is wear on the bottom of the mount where it meets the rail. It indicates the user let it fall out of adjustment and it slid back and forth under recoil on the rail. I imagine over time it could affect how well the mount engages. I picked up a used one once that had worn through most of the annodizing on the underside. It was tougher to get tight on most receivers. It's crucial to keep these mounts properly adjusted.

GTF425
10-13-17, 19:45

Until I happened upon a Geissele 1.93 mount for a steal, same.

I have never had a LaRue lose zero or shoot loose. Had an LT mount with an ACOG on it thrown out of a turret after we hit an IED and it was still zeroed after.

Not as hardcore as dumping it in a plastic barrel, but close.

Eurodriver
10-13-17, 21:28
Until I happened upon a Geissele 1.93 mount for a steal, same.

I have never had a LaRue lose zero or shoot loose. Had an LT mount with an ACOG on it thrown out of a turret after we hit an IED and it was still zeroed after.

Not as hardcore as dumping it in a plastic barrel, but close.

Are you familiar with how tough those barrels are? I'm sure that landing on the ground after being thrown out of a turret is not quite the same as being tossed in a plastic barrel at weird angles.

Mr. Goodtimes
10-13-17, 22:28
As is evidenced by the video below, a barrel can be an exceptionally harsh environment.

https://youtu.be/aD8OO-DDLFU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torquetard
10-19-17, 15:09
My front lever backs out a smidge after half a mag or so, no matter how its adjusted, but doesnt seem to affect zero. Its nothing amazing but not bad. I'd rather have another ADM or Geissele though.