PDA

View Full Version : Older Colt 6920's with the LE Restricted markings - Really worth a premium price?

Beat Trash
09-28-17, 09:08
I'm starting to get the impression that some are willing to pay a premium price for a Colt 6920 with the Restricted markings that were stamped on the side of the lower receiver. The markings that stated the gun was restricted for LE/Mil sales only.

I am not trying to discuss if there is any difference in the gun itself vs. a non-restricted marked gun.

I ask as I have a pair of 6920's bought in 2006 with the restricted markings that I want to sell off. I started to ask around at work if anyone was interested in buying one and a co-worker said that the restricted guns were bringing a slight premium.

Anyone have any input?

Feline
09-28-17, 09:10
I'm starting to get the impression that some are willing to pay a premium price for a Colt 6920 with the Restricted markings that were stamped on the side of the lower receiver. The markings that stated the gun was restricted for LE/Mil sales only.

I am not trying to discuss if there is any difference in the gun itself vs. a non-restricted marked gun.

I ask as I have a pair of 6920's bought in 2006 with the restricted markings that I want to sell off. I started to ask around at work if anyone was interested in buying one and a co-worker said that the restricted guns were bringing a slight premium.

Anyone have any input?

They bring a premium (+$200-300). The market is soft right now. Try to hang onto them until the next election.

Beat Trash
09-28-17, 09:16
Thanks, that's what I was wanting to know.

squid8286
09-28-17, 12:33
Some people get all worked up about them. I could take one or leave it, except for one thing. If I'm not badly mistaken, they have the oddball .174 hammer and trigger pins in them, which limits what aftermarket triggers you can use. That would be a reason for me not to buy one.

Stickman
09-28-17, 16:18
Really worth a premium price?

To some people it is worth a few hundred, or even more.

Iraqgunz
09-28-17, 17:24
There is no such thing as a .175 FCG. There is .155 (MILSPEC) and .170 (Colt oddity). There is also no rhyme or reason as to markings and FCG's. I have seen LEO marked AR's with two different FCG's.

Some people get all worked up about them. I could take one or leave it, except for one thing. If I'm not badly mistaken, they have the oddball .174 hammer and trigger pins in them, which limits what aftermarket triggers you can use. That would be a reason for me not to buy one.

Iraqgunz
09-28-17, 17:24
It's been discussed here before. Ultimately, like everything else AR related it is worth what someone is willing to pay of it.

Anyone have any input?

09-28-17, 21:29
To me? No. I really dislike those markings.

Colt used the .170" pins until '08 IIRC. Not a problem as Big G makes triggers for 'em.

Hammer_Man
09-28-17, 23:30
Personally I think the markings are cool, but I wouldn't pay anything extra over a LE6920 without them. Your target market would be die hard Colt collectors, and I think your best avenue to reach them would be Gunbroker, or Armslist.

misfit47
09-29-17, 05:35
To some they are as others have said.

BBossman
09-29-17, 08:32
There is no such thing as a .175 FCG. There is .155 (MILSPEC) and .170 (Colt oddity). There is also no rhyme or reason as to markings and FCG's. I have seen LEO marked AR's with two different FCG's.

I've seen them both ways as well. When it comes to products in the civilian market, Colt's "standard" is whatever they assemble and ship to distributers.

Jay H
09-29-17, 11:43
Tens of thousands of "LEO" marked 6920s out in the wild. I can see paying a bit more but not more than $100