PDA

View Full Version : Posting photos used to be so easy. Now it's impossible.

masakari
09-29-17, 16:45
I can't figure out how to post photos on forums anymore. Photobucket doesn't work. Imgbb doesn't work. Flickr doesn't have a forum code option, I can't figure it out.
What the hell? This used to be so easy, now I can't. I've been trying for 2+ hours.
Please help.

usmcvet
09-29-17, 17:23
A thumb tack used to be al it took. I am frustrated too. I thought people suggested Flickr here in GD. Stickman covered it in a thread. Photo Bucket pissed me off. It still works ok from a computer, but I stopped using it from my phone almost a year ago. Virtually all of my old posts used PB, and I am not going to pay what they are asking. Hopefully, we will get an answer soon.

JC5188
09-29-17, 17:28
I can't figure out how to post photos on forums anymore. Photobucket doesn't work. Imgbb doesn't work. Flickr doesn't have a forum code option, I can't figure it out.
What the hell? This used to be so easy, now I can't. I've been trying for 2+ hours.
Please help.

If you use your phone or iPad, get tapatalk. I can download from library OR snap a real time pic and post it

"I've just got like, this 5.56 okay? And it's 55 grain ball. And everybody I've ever seen shot with it, it dicks them up."

---Clint Smith
Thunder Ranch

masakari
09-29-17, 17:35
If you use your phone or iPad, get tapatalk. I can download from library OR snap a real time pic and post it

"I've just got like, this 5.56 okay? And it's 55 grain ball. And everybody I've ever seen shot with it, it dicks them up."

---Clint Smith
Thunder Ranch

Yes, I use Android exclusively. I don't own a computer.
So if I download the Tapatalk app, I can upload through that?

Problem is, I am on many forums... I don't know if they are all compatible, or even how that works.
I would love to just be able to copy links like I have for the last 15 years.
In the world of computers, they always seem to ruin something that works great.

usmcvet
09-29-17, 17:36

---Clint Smith
Thunder Ranch

I’ve started watching all of Clint’s videos on YouTube. I love his no BS methods. Are you posting direct to m4c? Isn’t there a very small limit of what you can post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

masakari
09-29-17, 17:36
A thumb tack used to be al it took. I am frustrated too. I thought people suggested Flickr here in GD. Stickman covered it in a thread. Photo Bucket pissed me off. It still works ok from a computer, but I stopped using it from my phone almost a year ago. Virtually all of my old posts used PB, and I am not going to pay what they are asking. Hopefully, we will get an answer soon.

If you can find that thread about Flickr... I can't figure it out.

usmcvet
09-29-17, 17:37
I’ll look. It’s in Stickmans Sub Forum.

usmcvet
09-29-17, 17:40
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?190621-Stickman-non-AR15-pic-thread-(firearms)&highlight=Stickman+Post+photos

masakari
09-29-17, 18:25
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?190621-Stickman-non-AR15-pic-thread-(firearms)&highlight=Stickman+Post+photos

Where does he explain how he does this? The pictures seem to be from Tumblr, but I don't see a forum option there either.

usmcvet
09-29-17, 18:26
I posted the wrong one. I’m struggling with Tapatalk! Look from my laptop.

P2000
09-29-17, 18:40
I ditched Photobucket, deleted everything and closed the account. Now using imgur. It is fast and easy. Easier than Photobucket ever was.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

masakari
09-29-17, 19:01
I ditched Photobucket, deleted everything and closed the account. Now using imgur. It is fast and easy. Easier than Photobucket ever was.

I tried it and there's no way to get forum links, at least not on my phone (Samsung Galaxy).

P2000
09-29-17, 19:18
From the imgur app, go to your pic and do a long press on it, Click share direct link, then click save to clipboard. Then go in Tapatalk in m4carbine, start your post, click the little arrow deal on the left, then the arrow thing on the right, then the icon that looks like [/] . Then paste your code. It's a lot easier on a desktop but still works on Android phones. Desktop gives a forum link button.

usmcvet
09-29-17, 19:19
From the imgur app, go to your pic and do a long press on it, Click share direct link, then click save to clipboard. Then go in Tapatalk in m4carbine, start your post, click the little arrow deal on the left, then the arrow thing on the right, then the icon that looks like [/] . Then paste your code. It's a lot easier on a desktop but still works on Android phones. Desktop gives a forum link button.

Thanks

26 Inf
09-29-17, 19:39
Testing

Nightvisionary
09-29-17, 19:44
Why don't you guys try tinypic.com. That is all I have ever used to upload pics here. It's free and very simple, just make sure you deselect "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" in the M4C image upload tool. The only downside I can think of is the pics are not stored in a private file.

SteyrAUG
09-29-17, 19:47
Please help.

Imgur.

Photobucket and Imageshack both suck. Over the years I did very detailed posts with photos and depended upon them to be a reliable photo host. Now those posts are almost useless. I have found Imgur to be the most reliable photo host with the easiest format.

P2000
09-29-17, 20:45
If this helps, this is what it should look like when you post.

https://i.imgur.com/49mTZXc.png

masakari
09-29-17, 21:20
If this helps, this is what it should look like when you post.

https://i.imgur.com/49mTZXc.png

Yes, I am aware. But there are two problems with that:

1- many of these websites don't have an option to copy a link at all, only to share via Facebook, Instagram, whatever.
2- If they do, it's one at a time, and they don't have the [IMG] tags embedded. That makes it very slow and cumbersome to add multiple pictures to a post, especially with my phone.

In the past, websites like Photobucket allowed me to upload multiple photos at once, then copy the forum image links individually or together as a group. It was so easy. But then one by one they stopped offering this ability, or stopped working altogether. I just don't get it.

P2000
09-29-17, 22:26

1- many of these websites don't have an option to copy a link at all, only to share via Facebook, Instagram, whatever.
2- If they do, it's one at a time, and they don't have the [IMG] tags embedded. That makes it very slow and cumbersome to add multiple pictures to a post, especially with my phone.

In the past, websites like Photobucket allowed me to upload multiple photos at once, then copy the forum image links individually or together as a group. It was so easy. But then one by one they stopped offering this ability, or stopped working altogether. I just don't get it.It is bad with a phone, I agree. I only post pics from the computer, not worth the hassle from a phone to me.

SteyrAUG
09-30-17, 00:32

In the past, websites like Photobucket allowed me to upload multiple photos at once, then copy the forum image links individually or together as a group. It was so easy. But then one by one they stopped offering this ability, or stopped working altogether. I just don't get it.

Imgur allows me to do multiple uploads and when I click on any photo in my album I have all the coding options including BB forums where I can simply copy the link. Not sure why it isn't working for you, I'm assuming you are logged in. Could be I'm working from a computer and not a phone.

JC5188
09-30-17, 01:16
Yes, I use Android exclusively. I don't own a computer.
So if I download the Tapatalk app, I can upload through that?

Problem is, I am on many forums... I don't know if they are all compatible, or even how that works.
I would love to just be able to copy links like I have for the last 15 years.
In the world of computers, they always seem to ruin something that works great.

Yeas tapatalk supports most forums. All but a couple I use.

I’ve started watching all of Clint’s videos on YouTube. I love his no BS methods. Are you posting direct to m4c? Isn’t there a very small limit of what you can post?

I did the site sponsor thing and haven't outran the limit yet...not sure if that's why?

And Clint is as much fun to watch without a gun in his hand as when he is teaching, lol.

---Clint Smith
Thunder Ranch

Bulletdog
09-30-17, 20:04
Why don't you guys try tinypic.com. That is all I have ever used to upload pics here. It's free and very simple, just make sure you deselect "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" in the M4C image upload tool. The only downside I can think of is the pics are not stored in a private file.

Beat me to it.

Me too. That's all I've ever used. Works like a charm for me.

Here's a pic of my dog at work, compliments of tinypic.com
http://i66.tinypic.com/2ufd54h.jpg

ColtSeavers
09-30-17, 20:11
Beat me to it.

Me too. That's all I've ever used. Works like a charm for me.

Here's a pic of my dog at work, compliments of tinypic.com
http://i66.tinypic.com/2ufd54h.jpg

Aaawwwww...

Mr. Fluffycuddles is cute!

usmcvet
09-30-17, 20:12
Good Puppy!

Buckaroo
09-30-17, 20:42
Good Puppy!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPuppy shows as a broken link