PDA

View Full Version : What is the most common BUIS in the MIL?

WILDBILL
10-24-06, 08:38
Is the KAS 300mm sight. What is the most common used BUIS in the MIL. that is being used under hard use today on the M4'S and the NAVY'S MK-18 MOD0? And which one works the best and holds up the best?

KevinB
10-24-06, 09:28
The KAC300 is part of the M4SOPMOD.

The LMT is part of the USN Mk18

The Matech is the US Army (non USSOC) BIS.

Troy has been seen on some USSOC units (apparently bouhgt with unit funds)

ARMS #40 is on the Mk12 Mod0
KAC600m is on the Mk12 Mod1, Mk11 Mod0, SAM-R

SuicideHz
10-24-06, 09:47
Thanks for the info Kevin.

Kevin knows everything about the US Military. I'm glad Canada is on OUR side...

WILDBILL
10-26-06, 23:39
Thanks KevinB, for all your help and information. Can anyone tell me which one holds up the best and is the easyest to use? which model do most of you like the best to use?

45-Bravo
10-27-06, 08:01
I've always used ARMS sights, never had any issues with them.

Aubrey
10-27-06, 12:04
I've always used ARMS sights, never had any issues with them.

Many have reported a different level of satisfaction.

Glockster35
10-28-06, 18:26
The Air Force Security Forces are using the MATECH 600 meter BUIS

Matt Edwards
10-30-06, 19:36
All our M4s have the GG&G BUIS riding on them. We had the "choice" between that and the ARMS. We went with the former 'cause it locks both up and down and operates like the standard rear sight (- elevation, which is not really needed in that idiom)
Matt

Al U. 5811
10-31-06, 06:23
Matech BUIS is a POS. The Air Force uses it. They do not last very long but seem to be user friendly, at least until the spring catch breaks and they don't lock down anymore. Not exactly what I would consider very durable either.

KevinB
10-31-06, 11:12
Keep in mind with RFI a lot of NG units have bought, well you name it...

WILDBILL
11-06-06, 12:14
I saw a pic in the past on AR15.COM of a NAVY MP/SP holding his duty M4 with Matech sight and a Aimpoint M2/KAC,KAS Rail.

Rogue7a
11-25-06, 12:39
The KAC300 is part of the M4SOPMOD.

The Matech is the US Army (non USSOC) BIS.

Unfortunately,
That is not an informed statement. When we got all our SOPMOD stuff for our M4’s (A while back) we had tons of those what we now know are Matech BUIS in little blue baggies. Well…. We found out real quick that they were indeed “POS”. Soooooo we figured that ‘cause the rail system was from KAC that theses things must be too. So after a tirade to some poor girl at their plant about “How dare they send their countries front line warriors substandard crap” (or words to that affect, I don’t really know ‘cause it wasn’t me) we received in a week a box from KAC which when opened much to our surprise had VERY different BUIS in them. Well “Someone” apologized to the frazzled sales girl at KAC. We offered to send them back but were told we could keep them. Unfortunately we are still getting the Matech BUIS as part of the SOPMOD program. However they did correct that little brakeage problem with a new bracket.

And now you know……. The rest of the story