PDA

View Full Version : wolf.545 x 39 Glock triggers merged threads

Wolf.545 x .39
10-06-17, 21:01
I bought my Glock 22 some 25 years ago. I never liked the stock trigger. I was all prepared to order the Zev Tech Fulcrum trigger for $185. Not cheap but many say its much better than just changing the connector abd sorings. Many say its a great trigger. Zev also has the Fulcrum Ultimate kit which includes springs and titanium extended striker. I worry about light strikes with that one though. I'm not sure for a carry gun that the Fulcrum Ultimate would be reliable. Thats why I was thinking of just getting the Zev Tech Fulcrum trigger and keeping the stock springs. My question is, has anyone ever tried this trigger in their Glock?? Thanks

tylerw02
10-06-17, 21:34
They are very unreliable. I would skip it. Just do a $0.25 trigger job, minus connector and perhaps change out the shoe to something with more mechanics advantage such as the overwatch precision DAT or Tac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolf.545 x .39
10-06-17, 22:00
They are very unreliable. I would skip it. Just do a $0.25 trigger job, minus connector and perhaps change out the shoe to something with more mechanics advantage such as the overwatch precision DAT or Tac.

Well some well known guys have the Zev Tech Fulcrum in their Glocks and say they've had 0 reliability issues. But Reliability is a paramount for a carry gun. Maybe I just put a Ghost Rocket in it, in the future. I personally don't know of anyone that has the Zev Tech Fulcrum in their gun. I watched a few YouTube videos of guys who recommend the Zev Fulcrum and they have no reliability issue's with it.

MegademiC
10-07-17, 07:05
For a carry gun, I would use only glock parts. In what way is the stock trigger holding you back? How much dry fire do you do? Are you looking for a new trigger for feel or tangible benefit, what is your goal?

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 09:51
For a carry gun, I would use only glock parts. In what way is the stock trigger holding you back? How much dry fire do you do? Are you looking for a new trigger for feel or tangible benefit, what is your goal?

Maybe I need more range time but the stock Glock trigger is far from perfection.

tylerw02
10-07-17, 12:28
Maybe I need more range time but the stock Glock trigger is far from perfection.

It's not perfect, but it doesn't need to be. It needs to work every time. The quickest way to make a Glock fail is to dick with the trigger. I've "fixed" all sorts of Glocks by taking out springs and other bullshit and replacing the with factory parts. Bam! They suddenly run again, though owners get mad when I give them back their expensive springs and connectors after I've taken them to the vice with a pair of pliers.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 13:20
What about an Agency Arms?? Heard great things about these triggers and they do not change the pull weight of the Glock.

Ballistic Agency
10-07-17, 15:00
It's not perfect, but it doesn't need to be. It needs to work every time. The quickest way to make a Glock fail is to dick with the trigger. I've "fixed" all sorts of Glocks by taking out springs and other bullshit and replacing the with factory parts. Bam! They suddenly run again, though owners get mad when I give them back their expensive springs and connectors after I've taken them to the vice with a pair of pliers.

No, the quickest way to make a Glock fail is to hold it with a loose grip.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-07-17, 15:39
No, the quickest way to make a Glock fail is to hold it with a loose grip.

Yes the first time I fired my Glock 22 when I was 21 I was having stovepipes, failure's to feed. I'm sure I was limpwristing it. At 21 I was inexperienced with guns. I heard that 9 millimeter Glocks are more proned to limpwristing which is why I might get a CZP01 in the future.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-12-17, 11:54
I have been debating getting this trigger for my Glock 22. Not using the 2 or 3lb spring it comes with though. I plan on keeping the stock 5lb spring. A lot of guys just get the Fulcrum as it is just a drop in trigger. I haven't heard of any reliability issues with the Zev Fulcrum unless one uses the lighter springs. Anybody ever shot a Glock with this trigger? Its suppose to give around a 4lb trigger pull with the stock springs while being very reliable. Its $185 so its not cheap. Guys that have the Fulcrum in their Glock love the trigger. This is for a carry gun.

boombotz401
10-12-17, 13:19
Most are going to tell you not to modify a carry gun

I’ll say opt for the non adjustable fulcrum in a carry gun

I did run a zev in a Glock 17 for awhile and was reliable with all spring combinations, prefer a flat face trigger so it was sold off

Wolf.545 x .39
10-12-17, 13:25
Most are going to tell you not to modify a carry gun

I’ll say opt for the non adjustable fulcrum in a carry gun

I did run a zev in a Glock 17 for awhile and was reliable with all spring combinations, prefer a flat face trigger so it was sold off

Yeah the one I was meaning was the adjustable type. I'll have to look into the non adjustable type. I think I would prefer a flat face trigger also. Maybe an Apex. I have never tried any modified trigger in a Glock but I know it can be bettered while remaining reliable. I'm not sure I'd be hapy with just a Ghost Rocket disconnect.

boombotz401
10-12-17, 13:27
I’d advise not installing anything to lighten the trigger pull

I do recommend apex over zev

Wolf.545 x .39
10-12-17, 13:34
I’d advise not installing anything to lighten the trigger pull

I do recommend apex over zev

I have a damaged nerve in my shooting hand. It weakens my strong hand so a 4lb trigger will feel like a 5.5 lb trigger for me.

boombotz401
10-12-17, 13:36
Flat face will give you more leverage on the trigger and make it seem lighter than it is..may be the ticket for you

RAM Engineer
10-12-17, 16:57
just say no to anything Zev

MeanCarbine
10-12-17, 18:29
Zev is not your only option. There are over a dozen companies making replacement triggers for Glocks. Some are just a different trigger shoe with a polished bar and some are complete drop-ins with connector and trigger housing. You can also put in a reduced powered striker spring to lighten the pull. I have an OC Customs in my G19 and love it.

Wolf.545 x .39
10-12-17, 20:39
Zev is not your only option. There are over a dozen companies making replacement triggers for Glocks. Some are just a different trigger shoe with a polished bar and some are complete drop-ins with connector and trigger housing. You can also put in a reduced powered striker spring to lighten the pull. I have an OC Customs in my G19 and love it.

I hear a lot about OC triggers. I think there suppose to be kinda like the Zev Tech's but cheaper. I don't believe a lighter trigger pull makes a Glock less reliable. There are so many companies out there making triggers for Glocks. I know most will say for a conceal carry gun keep it stock. Where I live in drugland I want the best possible trigger with reliability. If a trigger fires 500 rounds of different types of ammo down range with no light strikes or hiccups it can be trusted. Also my Glock 22 is my pistol home defense gun even though I own rifle's

militarymoron
10-12-17, 21:52
I've tried a few different triggers and my favourite so far is the overwatch precision TAC. It doesn't change the pull weight, but it's very crisp, reduces overtravel and most importantly, retains the drop safety. I also like the little indexing hook at the end that keeps the finger position on the trigger consistent.

Wolf.545 x .39
11-07-17, 17:49
I have a 2nd gen Glock 22 with a trigger that can be bettered. I'm unsure on what trigger and reliability is very important because it is my CC gun. I definitely want to enhance it with a better trigger. I know a lot of guys say just put a 3.5 disconnect in and thats it. The Zev Tech Fulcrum has good reviews but its $185. I heard of OC customs triggers but don't know how good or reliable those triggers are.

MeanCarbine
11-07-17, 18:15
I have pistols with both OC Customs and Zev triggers. Both are very smooth, have adjustable pre/over travel, and have been reliable. OCC if you don't mind the factory trigger shoe. Zev if you want an aluminum curved smooth faced trigger shoe.

I have tried several different connectors and decided that I prefer a distinct wall. The Glock standard connector does that best. All the others provide either a mushy pull or rolling break.

CDR_Glock
11-07-17, 18:50
I have Overwatch Precision and Apex that have been stellar for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wolf.545 x .39
11-07-17, 18:53
I have pistols with both OC Customs and Zev triggers. Both are very smooth, have adjustable pre/over travel, and have been reliable. OCC if you don't mind the factory trigger shoe. Zev if you want an aluminum curved smooth faced trigger shoe.

I have tried several different connectors and decided that I prefer a distinct wall. The Glock standard connector does that best. All the others provide either a mushy pull or rolling break.

Interesting. I don't hear many guys liking that bump in the trigger. Does your trigger system lighten up that bump? A lot of guys say the Zev Tech Fulcrum isn't reliable but on YouTube I haven't seen one problem with the trigger. I don't know about the Zev Tech Fulcrum Ultimate and if that extended skeletonized striker is reliable enough with the 2lb spring. I think I prefer the aluminum trigger shoe of the Zev. I know its more expensive. Glad to hear its reliable. What striker spring are you using the stock 5lb, the 3lb or the 2lb??

There are so many after market triggers for Glocks many guys go through more than 3 to finally settle on the one they like the best. My goal is to buy one trigger and be done with it. My Glock 22 is my carry gun and I live in a dangerous inner city where I walk on foot everywhere.

I know a guy with an Apex trigger on his Glock that has about a 3.5lb pull abdche says its totally reliable. I don't know the whole trigger set up on his gun though

MeanCarbine
11-07-17, 19:17
Interesting. I don't hear many guys liking that bump in the trigger. Does your trigger system lighten up that bump? A lot of guys say the Zev Tech Fulcrum isn't reliable but on YouTube I haven't seen one problem with the trigger. I don't know about the Zev Tech Fulcrum Ultimate and if that extended skeletonized striker is reliable enough with the 2lb spring. I think I prefer the aluminum trigger shoe of the Zev. I know its more expensive. Glad to hear its reliable. What striker spring are you using the stock 5lb, the 3lb or the 2lb??

I have installed a reduced power FPS spring, a Wolff 5# striker spring (stock is 5.5#), and a 6# TRS. All combined have reduced the pull weight. By how much I'm not sure but it's plenty noticeable. The are MANY combinations of springs, connectors and triggers that affect pre/over travel, break, pull weight, and reset. You'll have to experiment to know what you will like best.

Wolf.545 x .39
11-07-17, 19:24
I have installed a reduced power FPS spring, a 5# striker spring, and a 6# TRS. All combined have reduced the pull weight. By how much I'm not sure but it's plenty noticeable. The are MANY combinations of springs, connectors and triggers that affect pre/over travel, break, pull weight, and reset. You'll have to experiment to know what you will like best.

Thats the thing
I don't want to experiment. I can't afford changing things or triggers. My eye has been on the Zev Tech Fulcrum. Its around $180 but from reviews I see it is a great improvement over the Glock trigger. I just can't have a trigger that gives light strikes. This is not a competition gun.

Arcana71
11-07-17, 19:37
If it has the ridged trigger face, replace it with the smooth one. Swap in the factory 8# "NY1" spring and 3.5# connector. Shoot the ever-loving snot out of it. Is it magic? No. Does it make me very happy? Indeed it does. I've done it with each of mine for a ~6# pull and very good break... all with factory parts.

MeanCarbine
11-07-17, 19:45
Thats the thing
I don't want to experiment. I can't afford changing things or triggers. My eye has been on the Zev Tech Fulcrum. Its around $180 but from reviews I see it is a great improvement over the Glock trigger. I just can't have a trigger that gives light strikes. This is not a competition gun.

I did not use the Zev striker springs so I can not comment on those. I do have a Wolff 5# in one pistol and a 4.5# in another (factory is 5.5#) and neither have had FTF due to light primer strikes.

Wolf.545 x .39
11-07-17, 20:09
I did not use the Zev striker springs so I can not comment on those. I do have a Wolff 5# in one pistol and a 4.5# in another (factory is 5.5#) and neither have had FTF due to light primer strikes.

Yeah I know there's a guy on YouTube who left the 5lb spring in with the Zev Tech Fulcrum. He loved the trigger but didn't like messing with lighter springs. Hexsaid the trigger pull felt like about a 4lb pull. It wasn't just the lightness of the trigger, the reset and all else was better.

MegademiC
11-07-17, 20:54
I have a 2nd gen Glock 22 with a trigger that can be bettered. I'm unsure on what trigger and reliability is very important because it is my CC gun. I definitely want to enhance it with a better trigger. I know a lot of guys say just put a 3.5 disconnect in and thats it. The Zev Tech Fulcrum has good reviews but its $185. I heard of OC customs triggers but don't know how good or reliable those triggers are.

What problem does the stock trigger give you?
How much dry fire have you done?
Have you changed the connector?
What connector is currently in the gun?
What size are your groups at 25yds?
What do you expect/want them to be?
How many rounds do you have through the gun?

Wolf.545 x .39
11-07-17, 21:20
What problem does the stock trigger give you?
How much dry fire have you done?
Have you changed the connector?
What connector is currently in the gun?
What size are your groups at 25yds?
What do you expect/want them to be?
How many rounds do you have through the gun?

First off my strong hand is my weak hand so thats maybe why the trigger pull seems a bit heavy. I have left the trigger stock since buying new in 1993. Let me be clear In my estimation I have no doubt I would be more accurate with a better trigger. 25 yard groups, slow fire Its not too bad. I just believe the Glock trigger is not perfection. Will it matter what trigger I have in it at 10 feet in a possible gun battle?? Maybe not, but I want every advantage I can .get. Also I live in gang land and I have to walk on foot. Alot of drug crazed felons on the street so I'll take any advantage I can get.

CPM
11-07-17, 22:31
Given your financial situation I’d probably just by ammo and shoot more.

kwelz
11-07-17, 23:14
I have put overwatch Triggers in all of my Glocks. They are extremely reliable and function well.

MegademiC
11-08-17, 07:21
Given your financial situation I’d probably just by ammo and shoot more.

Agree, that said
A minus connector is like $6 and makes a huge difference. Probably the best bang for buck if the op hasn’t already tried one.

Spiffums
11-08-17, 07:34
Minus connector and the trigger shoe of your choice is hard to beat. I went with the Overwatch Precision trigger.

militarymoron
11-08-17, 07:51
I have the Zev fulcrum and two of the Overwatch Precision TAC triggers, plus various trigger shoes on some of my Glocks. I prefer the Overwatch by far - it feels crisper to me (which is what I was looking for), and has minimal pre-travel and overtravel without affecting the drop-safe (I tested it on both pistols). Stock springs except for a ''-" connector. What I was looking for when I tried these triggers was a 2-stage trigger feel with a distinct takeup and break; vs. the more vague Glock trigger 'hump'. I'd rather have a heavier crisp trigger than lighter vague one. I like knowing exactly when the gun is going to fire instead of it being a 'surprise'.

Wolf.545 x .39
11-08-17, 08:23
Minus connector and the trigger shoe of your choice is hard to beat. I went with the Overwatch Precision trigger.

I have not read much about Overwatch but I'm gonna search it. I dob"t like the bump in the trigger one bit. Also the stick pull weight is a bit too high. The problem I'm gonna run into is trial and error. Everybody it seems has different set ups. Reliability is most important. Some say stay with stock for extreme reliability. I disagree if that trigger is making someone pull shots.

militarymoron
11-08-17, 08:28
I dob"t like the bump in the trigger one bit.
What do you mean by 'bump'? Are you referring to the stock Glock trigger or something else like a 2-stage trigger on a rifle with takeup and break?

Obagual
11-08-17, 08:44
I too have been wanting to try a different trigger for the glock and have heard good things about APEX. As of yesterday, I have an APEX trigger in bound to try. Brownells had a 10% off and free shipping yesterday so it was $85 shipped for the shoe and trigger bar. I already had their connector so I will give this combo a whirl.

Wolf.545 x .39
11-08-17, 09:03
I too have been wanting to try a different trigger for the glock and have heard good things about APEX. As of yesterday, I have an APEX trigger in bound to try. Brownells had a 10% off and free shipping yesterday so it was $85 shipped for the shoe and trigger bar. I already had their connector so I will give this combo a whirl.
Thanks I know one guy that has Apex triggers in his Glocks and loves them.

What do you mean by 'bump'? Are you referring to the stock Glock trigger or something else like a 2-stage trigger on a rifle with takeup and break?

The Glock trigger.

ggammell
11-08-17, 09:11
- Connector first. Shoot it for a 1000 rounds. Then decide on a new trigger. I have a DAT trigger from Overwatch. It’s money.

Or the trigger safety?

militarymoron
11-08-17, 09:41
The Glock trigger.

Be more descriptive - what is it you don't like about it. You haven't defined 'bump' yet.

HD1911
11-08-17, 09:47
ditch it and buy/run a stock Gen5... :D

seriously, best Glock trigger I have ever felt, and it's completely OEM.

Wolf.545 x .39
11-08-17, 10:17
Be more descriptive - what is it you don't like about it. You haven't defined 'bump' yet.
The resistance felt that is a result of the trigger bar.

ggammell
11-08-17, 10:19

Wolff Reduced Power spring for the firing pin safety plunger.

Wolf.545 x .39
11-08-17, 10:22
ditch it and buy/run a stock Gen5... :D

seriously, best Glock trigger I have ever felt, and it's completely OEM.

Nah, its in very good shape for a pistol 24 years old. Selling a pistol is something I'm never gonna do. I do wish I would have bought the Glock 23 in 1993. I carry my G22 on foot in an urban city. Have to wear loose clothes when summer comes around.

zephyr
11-09-17, 20:36
I love the Overwatch Precision DAT trigger and their - connector. Both the trigger bar and connector are factory Glock that are NP3 coated.

bponce74
11-10-17, 13:02
I've had both the ZEV fulcrum and Overwatch TAC trigger. I had nothing but problems with the ZEV trigger in a glock 19. Switched it out for a Overwatch trigger and have thousands of trouble free rounds through it. Overwatch, all day long.

Mike14_07
11-10-17, 18:36
Ive tried a few but they either end up being mushy, light primer strikes or i just dont like them. Id like to try an overwatch trigger tho

PaLEOjd
11-10-17, 19:00

The Glock trigger is a steady pull, there is no "bump" in the trigger pull. There is a little take-up, then it hits a wall, then break. Not really any "bump" during trigger press.
How many rounds do you have through the pistol that feels like a bump? Glock triggers improve with use, shoot some more and it should become a little better.

Outlander Systems
11-10-17, 19:17
This.

I have a Zev duty/pro trigger that's alright, but I'd never spend the money on an aftermarket trigger again.

The Glock trigger is a steady pull, there is no "bump" in the trigger pull. There is a little take-up, then it hits a wall, then break. Not really any "bump" during trigger press.
How many rounds do you have through the pistol that feels like a bump? Glock triggers improve with use, shoot some more and it should become a little better.

Wolf.545 x .39
11-25-17, 11:35
I cannot be convinced to stay with the stock Glock trigger in my 2nd gen Glock 22. I was going to buy the Zev Tech Fulcrum but because it has a screw In not sure I'd trust it for this carry gun. I know people will say I'm messing with the reliability of the Glock. I watched this Youtube video of a guy with a lonewolf 3.5 connector, heavier trigger spring and a new plunger safety spring. He gas no problems with all if his Glocks that have the same setup. Another reason I decided against the Zev Fulcrum was not many guys can testify to having it in their carry gun. Its also $185 for that trigger. I'm post ingvthis thread because I know alot if guys swap a lot of triggers before settling in one. Just want to know if anyone has more than just a minus connector?? Im not worrying about a ND because if I have to draw my gun on the street someday the threat will have a knife or gun on them. I live in an inner city. Also a 5.5 lb pull to me feels like a 6lb pull because in my shooting hand I have ulnar neuropathy which makes my strong hand weaker than my off hand. I'm also a chronic pain patient on disability who has to go everywhere on foot.

MegademiC
11-25-17, 13:58
Maybe I missed it in your previous posts, but have you tried a minus connector?
Does your medical condition prevent you from dryfiring?
If it won’t cause damage or aggravate your condition, you could try a ny trigger to practice with to increase strength. Not sure what ulnar nuropathy does to you so maybe I’m way off.

ggammell
11-25-17, 14:02
You’ve started a bunch of threads about Glock triggers. In one of them you say a 4 lb trigger feels like a 5.5. In this one you said an5.5 feels like a 6. Leads me to believe a 4 will also feel like a 6.

Are you saying that your dominant hand is too weak to pull a trigger in the 4-6 lb range? Is that why your in search of a new trigger?

Wolf.545 x .39
11-25-17, 14:10
You’ve started a bunch of threads about Glock triggers. In one of them you say a 4 lb trigger feels like a 5.5. In this one you said an5.5 feels like a 6. Leads me to believe a 4 will also feel like a 6.

Are you saying that your dominant hand is too weak to pull a trigger in the 4-6 lb range? Is that why your in search of a new trigger?
Yes. But I have to exert more force with the stock trigger. My right hand has weakness due to Ulnar neuropathy. I really feel the weakness gripping big tine. My 2 end fingers including my pinky are affected most. They wouldn't operate on me because the Doctor told me it was from a pinched nerve in my wrist rather then my elbow. Still even before ulnar neuropathy I never liked the stock Glock trigger. I almost bought the Zev Fulcrum but some guys stated they had problems with it.

ggammell
11-25-17, 14:18
If you can’t pull a 4 lb trigger with your dominant hand it might be worth trying the other hand. Anything less than a 4lb trigger is a hard no go for carry.

I don’t think playing “find me a good trigger” is going to work if you don’t have the hand strength to pull a 4lb trigger. You may also be surprised at how good your other hand may be since it hasn’t been tempered by a life time of trigger use.

Wolf.545 x .39
11-25-17, 14:41
If you can’t pull a 4 lb trigger with your dominant hand it might be worth trying the other hand. Anything less than a 4lb trigger is a hard no go for carry.

I don’t think playing “find me a good trigger” is going to work if you don’t have the hand strength to pull a 4lb trigger. You may also be surprised at how good your other hand may be since it hasn’t been tempered by a life time of trigger use.

No I think my right hand is only 20% tops weaker because if ulnar neuropathy. Its so unorthoxed for me to shoot with my left handedly. I'm much stronger than the average guy but I never had big wrists. My upper arms are big but the wrists play in more alot with shooting handguns. I posted about it because I live in a rather high rusk area. Illegal drugs are everywhere and on the streets you must be aware of the surroundings.

ggammell
11-25-17, 14:56
No I think my right hand is only 20% tops weaker because if ulnar neuropathy. Its so unorthoxed for me to shoot with my left handedly. I'm much stronger than the average guy but I never had big wrists. My upper arms are big but the wrists play in more alot with shooting handguns. I posted about it because I live in a rather high rusk area. Illegal drugs are everywhere and on the streets you must be aware of the surroundings.

I’m not really sure where to go with that....

Wolf.545 x .39
11-25-17, 15:06
I’m not really sure where to go with that....

Well I'm a perfectionist when it comes to defensive handguns. I believe The Glock isn't perfect and can be improved greatly. 2 moths ago I added Talon grips and It improves the grip on the gun. Now I'm looking to improve upon the trigger. There's no conclusive trigger because Glock has such a huge aftermarket that its confusing. Especially with trigger upgrades.

militarymoron
11-25-17, 16:09
There's no conclusive trigger because Glock has such a huge aftermarket that its confusing. Especially with trigger upgrades.

In your last Glock trigger thread you started, six members recommended the Overwatch Precision trigger. I'd say that for that thread at least, you got a conclusion. But, if you conclude that there's no conclusion because there is no 'one' trigger that everyone agrees on, then you might as well stop asking.
Get an Overwatch Precision, then go from there.

Wolf.545 x .39
11-25-17, 16:23
In your last Glock trigger thread you started, six members recommended the Overwatch Precision trigger. I'd say that for that thread at least, you got a conclusion. But, if you conclude that there's no conclusion because there is no 'one' trigger that everyone agrees on, then you might as well stop asking.
Get an Overwatch Precision, then go from there.

True. I went to see Overwatch 's trigger. Its a bit more complex to know what trigger combination works well.

ggammell
11-25-17, 17:54
True. I went to see Overwatch 's trigger. Its a bit more complex to know what trigger combination works well.

Overwatch Precision DAT trigger w/ coated trigger bar
Overwatch Precision Glock Factory - Connector (also coated)
Wolff Extra Power Trigger Spring
Wolff Reduced Power Plunger Spring

Works very well. Mine is exactly 4 pounds by gauge. $175 normally for all that. Of course there is a sale for Black Friday right now.

Wolf.545 x .39
11-25-17, 19:39
Overwatch Precision DAT trigger w/ coated trigger bar
Overwatch Precision Glock Factory - Connector (also coated)
Wolff Extra Power Trigger Spring
Wolff Reduced Power Plunger Spring

Works very well. Mine is exactly 4 pounds by gauge. $175 normally for all that. Of course there is a sale for Black Friday right now.

Thanks. I'm gonna really look into it. Overwatch was new to me but it seems by looking at other threads that the trigger is reliable also.

ghostly
11-25-17, 20:04
Every Glock I’ve repaired for dead triggers, light strikes, etc. had aftermarket springs.

You do not need a 3.5 lb carry gun even if you think it feels heavy. Lighter triggers also means can’t reset as precisely putting you at risk of negligent discharges on reset.

Further more, ulnar neuropathy affects the medial digits (pinky and ring finger) and radial neuropathy affects lateral digits, including the trigger finger.

I suffer nerve issues myself due to a chronically inflamed flexor tendon and do not require a 3.5 lb trigger to shoot accurately. Truth be told, the ulnar nerve will affect your grip more than trigger control. Get out and practice rather than trying to purchase a solution.

Wolf.545 x .39
11-25-17, 20:24
Every Glock I’ve repaired for dead triggers, light strikes, etc. had aftermarket springs.

You do not need a 3.5 lb carry gun even if you think it feels heavy. Lighter triggers also means can’t reset as precisely putting you at risk of negligent discharges on reset.

Further more, ulnar neuropathy affects the medial digits (pinky and ring finger) and radial neuropathy affects lateral digits, including the trigger finger.

I suffer nerve issues myself due to a chronically inflamed flexor tendon and do not require a 3.5 lb trigger to shoot accurately. Truth be told, the ulnar nerve will affect your grip more than trigger control. Get out and practice rather than trying to purchase a solution.

Yes your exactly right. My grip is affected the most. Not too bad though. I have tingling in those 2 fingers and less muscle mass in my right hand which was my strong hand. Its a frustrating condition nonetheless Thats why I ordered Talon grips 2 months ago. It helps a little. The Overwatch DAT trigger has good reviews for a CCW. It does have that wall but I'm not looking for negligent discharges.

ghostly
11-25-17, 20:38
I own a DAT and TAC and both are excellent. I’d recommend them but wouldn’t touch springs.

Wolf.545 x .39
11-25-17, 20:50
I own a DAT and TAC and both are excellent. I’d recommend them but wouldn’t touch springs.

Yeah I'm probably gonna leave the springs stock. I remember having a failure to fire the last time I fired NY Glock. Made me paranoid. I think it was just a bad round though.

L-2
11-25-17, 23:26
My thoughts for this thread (TRY A GLOCK-BRAND MINUS CONNECTOR, AKA 4.5#):

1. I generally don't recommend the 1911 to anyone with its potential for maintenance; price; reliability or lack of; and small degree of learning curve over a Glock. I'll add, if a Glock-owner wants to try the 1911, still keep the Glock. I mention this only because it's possible to get a sub 4 pound trigger pull and may be something for the OP with his nerve injuries to consider. This gets into a whole different discussion and direction, however.

2. Replacing a Glock firing pin safety spring. This doesn't really lessen the trigger pull but may make for a smoother initial pull lessening any initial "hitch" when the trigger bar first contacts the firing pin safety. A potential downside is the firing pin safety hanging up in the disabled (or up) position as the firing pin safety spring is a bit weaker. If replaced, pay extra attention when cleaning and know how to detail strip the side should you need to replace that spring back to stock or a new replacement reduced power firing pin safety spring.

3. Stronger trigger spring. A stronger trigger spring on a Gen1 to Gen4 Glock puts more tension pulling back the trigger, i.e. can help pull the trigger to the rear. The negative is it needs to balance with the the firing pin spring. Too much trigger spring can prevent the trigger from fully resetting or prevent having the trigger safety engage. Older Glock trigger springs sometimes broke. Glock redesigned its trigger bars a couple of times which aided in reducing trigger spring breakage. This is with the stock Glock trigger springs. An after-market spring is a lesser known commodity and the owner should probably know how to detail strip the frame and be able to examine or replace an after-market trigger spring should breakage or wear occur. I suppose if one has a knowledgeable Glock mechanic available &/or a spare gun should the subject G22Gen2 need repair is a good thing, but I think most on this site will agree having a spare gun is always a good thing.

4. "Minus" Connector. I'll usually recommend a Glock-brand "minus" connector. Glock used to refer to this connector as a "3.5" but changed its description to the more accurate "4.5" as that's the average resulting trigger pull in a Gen1 to Gen3 Glock when using the minus connector. Several companies and people still refer to a minus connector as a "3.5", but its misleading. Generally, changing the connector to any brand's minus connector will likely result in a 4.5 pound trigger pull vs. the stock 5.5 pound pull. Glock's own minus connector seems to be the most reliable with nobody complaining about failures to reset or Glocks "doubling" or setting off two rounds with one trigger pull. Get Glock's own brand of minus connector from one of the online Glock parts sellers.
OK, here's one seller, but you'll need to get on its waiting/notification list as its currently out of stock:
https://glockparts.com/Glock%20original%20minus%20connector_it-6648.aspx?CAT=705

There are also several sellers on EBAY, but remember, it is EBAY so beware of counterfeits.

Again, this requires some knowledge of detail stripping the frame, specifically the trigger group which isn't hard, and I'm sure many on here can handle totally dismantling a Glock. What I've noticed is often left out or taken for granted on the Youtube training videos is forgetting to lubricate the connector to trigger bar interface. This is a standard Glock lubrication point but can easily be forgotten and will affect or even negate installing a minus connector.

A bit more on a minus connector. Some people will comment if not complain after trying a minus connector the trigger pull will feel "mushy", softer, less crisp, or any other vague, subjective terms. This is just the way it'll be. I suspect after a 1,000 rounds anyone will be familiar enough with the trigger pull to either like it or change it back. FYI, the Glock minus connector is usually a regular, stock part in a commercial version of Glock's G34 and G35 models often selected by competitors.

5. Yet other folks will change to a lower power firing pin spring but this isn't being considered in the original post or by the original poster as later noted.

For the OP's situation, I'd try a Glock-brand "minus" connector (aka 4.5# connector). This should result in an average 4.5 pound trigger pull down from the stock 5.5 pull.

EzGoingKev
11-26-17, 09:58
I was going to buy the Zev Tech Fulcrum but because it has a screw In not sure I'd trust it for this carry gun.

Zev sells more than one trigger. Not all versions have adjustment screws.

Another reason I decided against the Zev Fulcrum was not many guys can testify to having it in their carry gun.
I have had one in my carry gun for years and have never had any issues.

ETA - The Fulcrum trigger I bought came as a kit with springs. I did not use them. I have my own spring combination I run.

CPM
11-26-17, 11:26
edit.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-18-17, 17:13
OK I've searched other triggers like Overwatch, Apex, 3.5 minus connectors, OC custom trigger but I've decided on the Zev Tech Fulcrum. From what I read it gives about a 4.5lb pull with short reset. I don't thing I'm gonna use the lighter springs for fear of light strikes. The question I have is I'm not gonna try to install this myself. Im not expierenced. I'm thinking of just sending it to Zev so they can install it. I don't think its gonna make my G 22 unreliable because I'm not messing with the springs. This is my conceal carry gun and I really don't like the stock trigger. My question is would you guys trust sending your gun by UPS or FED EX?? Its in California, the Commie state! I'm in PA. And Zev is in California.

hopetonbrown
12-18-17, 17:20
Those things are garbage. Zev stuff is famously unreliable.

If you need to send your Glock in to install a trigger you need your man card confiscated.

TTI connector for $25 and a shooting class with a USPSA Master or above. Make 2018 the year you put software ahead of hardware.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-18-17, 17:42
Those things are garbage. Zev stuff is famously unreliable.

If you need to send your Glock in to install a trigger you need your man card confiscated.

TTI connector for $25 and a shooting class with a USPSA Master or above. Make 2018 the year you put software ahead of hardware.

I don't hear of TTI connectors much. As regards to Zev Tech the unreliability is when going to a 3.5 or 2.5 safety striker spring. I don't hear problems with Zev's overall trigger. Its a maze of Glock parts out there. I'm gonna look into the TTI. Oh I'm very impatient with mechanical devices and I tend to break them.

hopetonbrown
12-18-17, 17:53
The over and under travel screws are also the problem. The guys at my local range tell me about people who inadvertently double because of their Zev triggers.

Have you ever had a USPSA or IDPA Master or above show you how to shoot?

Wolf.545 x .39
12-18-17, 18:06
The over and under travel screws are also the problem. The guys at my local range tell me about people who inadvertently double because of their Zev triggers.

Have you ever had a USPSA or IDPA Master or above show you how to shoot?

No I haven't but am seriously interested in getting help shooting my pistol. I also plan on getting a semi auto in 9 millimeter. Not sure with the variety out there. The screws if the Zev trigger does concern me. A lot if guys don't like having screws in a trigger. I thought loctite would solve that but I got a lot to learn. A lot of competition in Glock aftermarket parts gas me confused.

hopetonbrown
12-18-17, 18:14
I think S3F is currently having a sale on their 40 to 9mm conversion barrels.

Join your local USPSA or IDPA club as your New Years resolution. You'll meet dudes out there that can show you how to shoot. Then it will be like *all* your guns got trigger jobs.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-18-17, 18:37

Join your local USPSA or IDPA club as your New Years resolution. You'll meet dudes out there that can show you how to shoot. Then it will be like *all* your guns got trigger jobs.

I always hear of reliability problems with 9 millimeter conversions whether its the ejector or something else. I have monetary restraints because I'm on disability. Thats why I can't spend a whole lot on anything. Im happy I'm being talked out of the Zev Tech Fulcrum. I was looking at the Smith & Wesson N&P 2.0 compact in 9 millimeter. I feel I need a bit smaller a concealed carry gun for spring in Summer. But I have to get off this disabilty if I can.

One thing about my trigger hand is I have ulnar neuropathy and it weakens my strong hand. Its why I think a 4.5lb trigger would benefit me.

Outlander Systems
12-18-17, 18:57
Shoot the factory gun more.

The trigger, and you, will improve over time.

MegademiC
12-18-17, 20:22
One thing about my trigger hand is I have ulnar neuropathy and it weakens my strong hand. Its why I think a 4.5lb trigger would benefit me.

As was mentioned in the other thread, you can get a 4.5lb trigger with a $7 glock connector.

I’m not sure what your condition is, but could the 40s recoil be detrimental?

Wolf.545 x .39
12-18-17, 21:06
As was mentioned in the other thread, you can get a 4.5lb trigger with a $7 glock connector.

I’m not sure what your condition is, but could the 40s recoil be detrimental?

Well to be honest I haven't shot it since getting ulnar neuropathy. But previously when I did fire it the recoil was not bad in my opinion. I was debating on putting a Ghost Rocket connector in it and be done with it. Id like to know the differences between the Glock minus connector and the Ghost Rocket connector. But I'm not ruling out a different trigger, if not a Zev maybe an Apex. The problem is I don't have the money to make a mistake. Like going trigger to trigger and connector to connector. Those who say just tons of practice I understand one get be very good with the stock Glock trigger. I don't have the money to practice like most other guys.

hopetonbrown
12-18-17, 21:12
I've seen more problems with Ghost connectors than any other aftermarket part.

Apex trigger does not reduce trigger weight.

Factory Glock trigger is around 7 lbs. OEM minus connector lops a pound off.

TTI connector with his striker and safety plunger springs gives me a 5lb pull with my Lyman gauge.

CPM
12-18-17, 21:42
Why are you asking for solutions to a problem that you haven't confirmed exists?

Wolf.545 x .39
12-19-17, 13:37
I've seen more problems with Ghost connectors than any other aftermarket part.

Apex trigger does not reduce trigger weight.

Factory Glock trigger is around 7 lbs. OEM minus connector lops a pound off.

TTI connector with his striker and safety plunger springs gives me a 5lb pull with my Lyman gauge.

I'm gonna really look at the TTI kit. Im sorry but in my opinion the stock Glock trigger can be greatly vengeances. Alot on this board discourage me from buying the Zev Tech Fulcrum. I'm looking for one trigger enhancement and staying city it

HeruMew
12-19-17, 15:03
Wolf,

I really like yah. You are a guy trying o express his rights to self-protection and firearms ownership in the most undue set of circumstances.

I know with your living situation, and physical impairments, it can be detrimental to your development as someone who does carry a firearm.

The same 7 dollars a minus connector costs is a box of Tula ammo. A used .40 to 9mm conversion barrel is anywhere from 50-100 bucks. A new gun is in the multiple hundreds range.

I mean this is the nicest of ways: Prioritize your funds.

As a 25 year old millennial, it's a lesson I battle with daily. In your situation, I can't even fathom the annoyance and FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). But, hear me out.

That FOMO will just be replaced by the next "best" piece of tech. The only modification I have done to be G26 is added Tritium night sights and a grip (butt) plug.

ETA: I can't say this, actually. I just recalled that I added a Striker Gadget to be consistent with holstering techniqus to my DA/SA/Hammer pistols. So.. I have added a piece of tech to it. Guilty as charged. But, nothing to impact the actual trigger pull

So, with that being said. I shoot weekly. Sometimes twice a week if possible. Now, I am spoiled. I LIVE where I shoot. I can literally, step onto my porch, ad try and pop 8" metal plates from 50 yards. I am very, very, spoiled.

Yet, I still hit to the left from 25-30 yards unless I REALLLY slow things down and "surprise" the shot. That, or supported/rested shooting gets center hits.

You need to get out and shoot. You've talked, now, about wanting to make changes to your hardware on multiple occasions, but that isn't helping what could be a bigger problem: The Software Programming.

If I had a debilitating issue, I would be getting out to see if I can still shoot. It needs to be done. A firearm will only do you so much good if you don't know if you can even use it when the time comes.

Again, I don't say this to be mean, or rude. Hell, I look up to you in ways for sticking it to your living situation and the people around you; but that doesn't fix a real concern: You need to evaluate how effective you are.

If you buy a box of ammo, every month, it adds up. If you shoot a box of ammo every month, that will add up even more!

Not just financially, but muscle memory, your ability levels, and patience with dealing with your ailment.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-19-17, 15:53
Wolf,

I really like yah. You are a guy trying o express his rights to self-protection and firearms ownership in the most undue set of circumstances.

I know with your living situation, and physical impairments, it can be detrimental to your development as someone who does carry a firearm.

The same 7 dollars a minus connector costs is a box of Tula ammo. A used .40 to 9mm conversion barrel is anywhere from 50-100 bucks. A new gun is in the multiple hundreds range.

I mean this is the nicest of ways: Prioritize your funds.

As a 25 year old millennial, it's a lesson I battle with daily. In your situation, I can't even fathom the annoyance and FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). But, hear me out.

That FOMO will just be replaced by the next "best" piece of tech. The only modification I have done to be G26 is added Tritium night sights and a grip (butt) plug.

ETA: I can't say this, actually. I just recalled that I added a Striker Gadget to be consistent with holstering techniqus to my DA/SA/Hammer pistols. So.. I have added a piece of tech to it. Guilty as charged. But, nothing to impact the actual trigger pull

So, with that being said. I shoot weekly. Sometimes twice a week if possible. Now, I am spoiled. I LIVE where I shoot. I can literally, step onto my porch, ad try and pop 8" metal plates from 50 yards. I am very, very, spoiled.

Yet, I still hit to the left from 25-30 yards unless I REALLLY slow things down and "surprise" the shot. That, or supported/rested shooting gets center hits.

You need to get out and shoot. You've talked, now, about wanting to make changes to your hardware on multiple occasions, but that isn't helping what could be a bigger problem: The Software Programming.

If I had a debilitating issue, I would be getting out to see if I can still shoot. It needs to be done. A firearm will only do you so much good if you don't know if you can even use it when the time comes.

Again, I don't say this to be mean, or rude. Hell, I look up to you in ways for sticking it to your living situation and the people around you; but that doesn't fix a real concern: You need to evaluate how effective you are.

If you buy a box of ammo, every month, it adds up. If you shoot a box of ammo every month, that will add up even more!

Not just financially, but muscle memory, your ability levels, and patience with dealing with your ailment.

Yeah thanks nice post. I can't get over having the perfect gun. Stippling, trigger, night sights, laser. I can shoot as I have good strength. One of the things I dislike us the actual plastic trigger. Its not wide enough for me in my opinion. Well if I get back to work I'll be training more. I also have a few rifles that are a breeze to shoot at 100 yards. I don't miss with them!!

5.56 Bonded SP
12-19-17, 17:01
I've been running glocks stock for years. I've watched instructors shoot dime sized groups with stock glocks at 15 yards.
Adding doo dads to your gun will NOT make you a better shot. Only proper training and practice will.

I run GI triggers on my ARs too, and I shoot submoa at 100 yards with my handloads.

Fancy triggers won't make you a better shot. The mindset of believing otherwise is a pet peeve of mine.

If shtf I wouldn't be as worried about a mall ninja with a 3000$ AR as I would be worried about the redneck with the 200$ lever action 30-30. Because that redneck probably actually knows how to shoot.

Speaking of rednecks and glocks, I've seen some rednecks shoot moving varmints with stock glocks and lever actions.

Another reason I don't mess with my glocks..
If you screw around with the internals you could mess up it's reliability.

I've seen glocks malfunction because the user added a bunch of useless race crap to them.

mgrs
12-19-17, 17:18
Without proselytizing on training or your situation, here are my observations after using most of the systems and parts that have been mentioned:

Zev fulcrum kit is an example of diminishing returns. It will work as shipped in most frames, but due to frame to frame variances, may not work properly in all of them. It does give you the option to go full crazy with trigger and bar, race connector, light/polished plunger, and very light striker springs, or anywhere in between. I would not use all of it unless it is a gaming gun only and you will install a light striker, use only federal primers, and will change the striker springs regularly.

I own one, but do not feel it was worth the price of admission.

The TTI kit is nice, and includes springs. Again, you may not wish to use the light striker spring that comes with it unless you can control what primers go in the gun. The TTI GM connector it comes with is overpriced- it is no better than a polished factory (-) connector. I also have this kit. It is subjectively worth the price as it is a fraction of the zev kit price and will get you close with more reliability, but there are better options. You can pair it with a ejector housing with a set screw if you want to pull in overtravel.

Polished factory (-) connector is more or less the same thing as above when used with a couple $2 springs.

Ghost rocket connectors are the best I've used, but are by no means drop-in if you are looking at the rocket models. If you don't fit them right, you will have problems. Fitted, they are excellent. As light, or lighter than the TTI GM and they pull in the overtravel. Worth it if you like that and want to fit one properly. I have several that have been problem-free over tens of thousands of rounds. This is a great connector, I know a lot of folks who have them

Ghost ranger will give you a pull between stock and (-) but with a very defined break and reset. No fitting.

Ghost edge is supposed to give you a rolling break with no bump when the bar hits the trigger, but light glock triggers sort of already do this, and I don't think it's worth it.

My favorite combinations after going through everything above and different combinations of springs:

USPSA Production gun: Ghost rocket, factory weight trigger spring, polished trigger bar, polished safety plunger, light safety plunger spring, jaeger light striker, 4.0 lb striker spring. Measured 3lb 1oz rolling break, all safeties function. Very good for fast splits. I am only using the light striker for a greater reliability margin- it will work fine with a standard striker.

CCW: Ghost ranger with all factory springs, contact surfaces polished. 4.5lb measured pull, defined "wall" break.

Whatever you do, be sure all the safeties work and primers still pop when your're done. The biggest reliability culprits seem to be the extra power trigger springs (make the trigger lighter) and reduced striker springs.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-19-17, 20:31
Without proselytizing on training or your situation, here are my observations after using most of the systems and parts that have been mentioned:

Zev fulcrum kit is an example of diminishing returns. It will work as shipped in most frames, but due to frame to frame variances, may not work properly in all of them. It does give you the option to go full crazy with trigger and bar, race connector, light/polished plunger, and very light striker springs, or anywhere in between. I would not use all of it unless it is a gaming gun only and you will install a light striker, use only federal primers, and will change the striker springs regularly.

I own one, but do not feel it was worth the price of admission.

The TTI kit is nice, and includes springs. Again, you may not wish to use the light striker spring that comes with it unless you can control what primers go in the gun. The TTI GM connector it comes with is overpriced- it is no better than a polished factory (-) connector. I also have this kit. It is subjectively worth the price as it is a fraction of the zev kit price and will get you close with more reliability, but there are better options. You can pair it with a ejector housing with a set screw if you want to pull in overtravel.

Polished factory (-) connector is more or less the same thing as above when used with a couple $2 springs.

Ghost rocket connectors are the best I've used, but are by no means drop-in if you are looking at the rocket models. If you don't fit them right, you will have problems. Fitted, they are excellent. As light, or lighter than the TTI GM and they pull in the overtravel. Worth it if you like that and want to fit one properly. I have several that have been problem-free over tens of thousands of rounds. This is a great connector, I know a lot of folks who have them

Ghost ranger will give you a pull between stock and (-) but with a very defined break and reset. No fitting.

Ghost edge is supposed to give you a rolling break with no bump when the bar hits the trigger, but light glock triggers sort of already do this, and I don't think it's worth it.

My favorite combinations after going through everything above and different combinations of springs:

USPSA Production gun: Ghost rocket, factory weight trigger spring, polished trigger bar, polished safety plunger, light safety plunger spring, jaeger light striker, 4.0 lb striker spring. Measured 3lb 1oz rolling break, all safeties function. Very good for fast splits. I am only using the light striker for a greater reliability margin- it will work fine with a standard striker.

CCW: Ghost ranger with all factory springs, contact surfaces polished. 4.5lb measured pull, defined "wall" break.

Whatever you do, be sure all the safeties work and primers still pop when your're done. The biggest reliability culprits seem to be the extra power trigger springs (make the trigger lighter) and reduced striker springs.

Thanks. Thats a lot of information about your expierence with modifying the trigger. So many combinations out there. I guess the Zev Tech Fulcrum is just not looked upon as a great upgrade these days. The best way to find out is to go to a range where someone has nodded they're Glock.

ST911
12-19-17, 22:38
3 threads on the Zev Tech Fulcrum trigger started by the OP in the last ~2 months have been merged.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-20-17, 02:12
3 threads on the Zev Tech Fulcrum trigger started by the OP in the last ~2 months have been merged.

Well but different answers here.

MeanCarbine
12-20-17, 02:27
I have 2 ZEVs, 1 OCC, 1 Johnny Glock, and 1 factory trigger with a reduced powered striker spring, and all run flawlessly. If anyone is having malfunctions due to the trigger, it's your fault for not adjusting it properly.

OP, check around locally and see if you have a Glock armorer close by. They should be able to do the install for you.

MegademiC
12-20-17, 05:27
Well to be honest I haven't shot it since getting ulnar neuropathy. But previously when I did fire it the recoil was not bad in my opinion. I was debating on putting a Ghost Rocket connector in it and be done with it. Id like to know the differences between the Glock minus connector and the Ghost Rocket connector. But I'm not ruling out a different trigger, if not a Zev maybe an Apex. The problem is I don't have the money to make a mistake. Like going trigger to trigger and connector to connector. Those who say just tons of practice I understand one get be very good with the stock Glock trigger. I don't have the money to practice like most other guys.

I know you really want it to, but hardware does not replace practice.

A glock minus connector will reduce the weight (for $7) if that is a real issue. Snap caps are how you practice.

If you can’t afford snap caps, you can’t afford a trigger.

Edit to add, if your handicap puts a 4.5lb trigger on the same level for you as a 5.5lb trigger for most, that should be fine.

A lot of people shoot 5.5 lb glock trigger very very well. I’d bet dollars to pesos they dry fire a LOT(paid shooter will live fire more).

5.56 Bonded SP
12-20-17, 06:25
I know you really want it to, but hardware does not replace practice.

Yep, this.

Swstock
12-20-17, 06:56
One of my zevs had the set screw that hold the safety in fall out.

The safety rotated and prevented the trigger from being pressed. The gun became useless.

This trigger was non adjustable. I'd love to hear how it's my fault.

I'm glad that it was in a class and I had another gun to use.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-20-17, 08:10
I have 2 ZEVs, 1 OCC, 1 Johnny Glock, and 1 factory trigger with a reduced powered striker spring, and all run flawlessly. If anyone is having malfunctions due to the trigger, it's your fault for not adjusting it properly.

OP, check around locally and see if you have a Glock armorer close by. They should be able to do the install for you.

Thats what I thought. Alot don't like pricey triggers for whatever reasons.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-28-17, 17:22
Some guys obsess with their gun. I am one of them. A better trigger makes for a better gun. The gun community is all over the map when it comes to modifying the Glock trigger. I agree it must be 100% reliable if its used for self defense. But a lot of guys assume that once a Glock is modified its no longer reliable. I don't believe that but its caused me to hesitate and buy any aftermarket trigger part. Any of you guys feel that a modded Glock trigger makes the gun a liability?!

3ACR_Scout
12-28-17, 17:33
Before someone jumps in and says it, I’ve seen comments from several lawyers who have been involved in firearms-related cases, and no one seems to have actually heard of a case where someone was prosecuted because their aftermarket parts made a firearm more “murdery.” I would recommend confining the aftermarket trigger discussion to reliability in a self-defense role. But that’s just my opinion. I personally am still trying to master factory triggers so I’m no prepared mentally or financially to delve into aftermarket triggers. I’m a $0.25 trigger job guy.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-28-17, 17:43
Before someone jumps in and says it, I’ve seen comments from several lawyers who have been involved in firearms-related cases, and no one seems to have actually heard of a case where someone was prosecuted because their aftermarket parts made a firearm more “murdery.” I would recommend confining the aftermarket trigger discussion to reliability in a self-defense role. But that’s just my opinion. I personally am still trying to master factory triggers so I’m no prepared mentally or financially to delve into aftermarket triggers. I’m a $0.25 trigger job guy.

I agree in trying to master the stock trigger. But when my life is on the line and a prowler is right outside my window I want a better trigger. Yes I had a oriwler-burgular situation 5 years ago. My German Shepard barked and scared him off. Getting the first shot on target would have been key if he came through the window. That wall the stock Glock cones to throws myvshots off a bit.

flenna
12-28-17, 17:56
I agree in trying to master the stock trigger. But when my life is on the line and a prowler is right outside my window I want a better trigger. Yes I had a oriwler-burgular situation 5 years ago. My German Shepard barked and scared him off. Getting the first shot on target would have been key if he came through the window. That wall the stock Glock cones to throws myvshots off a bit.

It is all in how you train, trigger is the least of it on a combat handgun. The department I was with had the horrid NY trigger installed on our G21's. Yet several of us who trained regularly could ace our basic and advanced courses, including shooting out to 50 yards.

militarymoron
12-28-17, 18:42
OP, I have merged all three of your Glock trigger threads. Do not start a new thread on Glock triggers; add onto this one.

Inkslinger
12-28-17, 19:16
I bought my Glock 22 some 25 years ago.
And after 25 years you are still not proficient with the stock trigger? Have you ever heard the expression “it’s the Indian not the arrow”? No amount of aftermarket gadgetry is going to make you any better with a trigger you’ve had 25 years master...

Wolf.545 x .39
12-28-17, 20:13
And after 25 years you are still not proficient with the stock trigger? Have you ever heard the expression “it’s the Indian not the arrow”? No amount of aftermarket gadgetry is going to make you any better with a trigger you’ve had 25 years master...

A lot of time has gone by since my last practice session. Where I live that's not smart but Im hampered with spinal trouble. So I don't have the funds to target shoot much. I never sold any of NY guns though!

Wake27
12-28-17, 20:17
Dry fire man. Few people ever got good with live fire only.

Inkslinger
12-28-17, 20:17
A lot of time has gone by since my last practice session. Where I live that's not smart but Im hampered with spinal trouble. So I don't have the funds to target shoot much. I never sold any of NY guns though!

So you think an aftermarket trigger is a better investment than practice.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-28-17, 20:23
So you think an aftermarket trigger is a better investment than practice.

I do dry fire it to the above post. Well practice is the best method and is effective. I just think a better trigger makes it easier to shoot. At 5 yards or less it won't make much difference.

Inkslinger
12-28-17, 20:28
I do dry fire it to the above post. Well practice is the best method and is effective. I just think a better trigger makes it easier to shoot. At 5 yards or less it won't make much difference.

From what I gather, you’re hard up. You’ve got two choices and both will cost you money. One will make you a better shooter, the other won’t.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-28-17, 21:13
From what I gather, you’re hard up. You’ve got two choices and both will cost you money. One will make you a better shooter, the other won’t.
Well I'd rather not grab a rifle because I'm in a urban setting. I gotta to be careful. Right now I'm sharing a place with another tenant so I'm under restraint. When I get my own place I will have hopefully more money. I'm on the disability list right now. I have limited funds for practice. I could use my AR15 and definite not miss but I lock that up due to the living arrangements.

Arik
12-28-17, 21:44
I can't believe I just read through all this.

Sell some guns, get more practice. Great triggers don't make you shoot better. I have plenty of friends who can't shoot a 1911.

You don't have money but you want to spend money on a trigger instead of practice? Sell the few guns you don't use and get several thousand rounds of ammo. Depending on what you own one gun can get you between 1000 - 2000 rounds. Target Sports USA has 1000 rounds of Blazer Brass for $240 delivered

AMMO.... PRACTICE... PERSISTENCE!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wolf.545 x .39
12-28-17, 22:55
I can't believe I just read through all this.

Sell some guns, get more practice. Great triggers don't make you shoot better. I have plenty of friends who can't shoot a 1911.

You don't have money but you want to spend money on a trigger instead of practice? Sell the few guns you don't use and get several thousand rounds of ammo. Depending on what you own one gun can get you between 1000 - 2000 rounds. Target Sports USA has 1000 rounds of Blazer Brass for $240 delivered

AMMO.... PRACTICE... PERSISTENCE!

Yeah If I ever need to use my Glock 22 it might not fire due to it not being fired in years. I still carry it though. If I'm gonna need it its gonna be for a closeup encounter. Its the way this urban city is. I have got to make sure this gun is in working order. I'm no gunsmith. I'm hoping the first week of January and shooting 200 to 400 rounds.

3ACR_Scout
12-28-17, 23:08
Target Sports USA has 1000 rounds of Blazer Brass for $240 delivered.
Heck, they have cases of Speer Lawman 115 or 124 gr for $200 shipped, or any American Eagle 9mm FMJ for $209 shipped, $159 after the Federal debate (a few days left!).

Arik
12-28-17, 23:09
Heck, they have cases of Speer Lawman 115 or 124 gr for $200 shipped, or any American Eagle 9mm FMJ for $209 shipped, $159 after the Federal debate (a few days left!).I know but he's talking about the G22

3ACR_Scout
12-28-17, 23:39
Sorry about that! I lost track of what pistol we were talking about while I was trying to sort through all these pages. I could have sworn that at some point there was discussion of switching to 9mm. That may have gotten me mixed up.

Arik
12-29-17, 07:04
Sorry about that! I lost track of what pistol we were talking about while I was trying to sort through all these pages. I could have sworn that at some point there was discussion of switching to 9mm. That may have gotten me mixed up.Some have recommended the 9 in this/these threads. The OP also has another thread started about 9mm

MegademiC
12-29-17, 10:54
Is OP shooting a NY trigger?
Just put a stock trigger spring in it, if you are.

I somehow missed that in all the other threads. What’s a ny trigger, 8lb? Get it around 5 and see what you think.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-29-17, 11:14
Is OP shooting a NY trigger?
Just put a stock trigger spring in it, if you are.

I somehow missed that in all the other threads. What’s a ny trigger, 8lb? Get it around 5 and see what you think.

I did a test to measure trigger pull. This was the cave man method. I tied a 5lb plate to the trigger and it didn't go off but another 1/2lb or 1 lb the trigger would have clicked. I know thats not the way to do it but at least I know its not a 5lb pull or less.

MegademiC
12-29-17, 22:30
Take the slide off and post a pic of the internals, please. Mainly the top of the trigger group, behind where the mag comes up